• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2015 - Dark

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Um... dang near all of them.

It's next to impossible to pick a favorite because almost all of them have cool designs. You have Absol which is a wolf with a scythe attached to its skull, you have Yveltal which is a freaking wyvern that drains the life out of the things with the most awesome skill ever (Oblivion Wing, if you're wondering), you have cute Dark types like Umbreon and Zorua, and then you have Tyranitar, which is a kaiju, and Darkrai which is a wraith. Because of this I just can't vote for one of them alone. Though I will admit I have a soft spot for Darkrai. Thing's so gosh darn pitiful and lonely.

Years
    A type known for awesome Pokemon... here's whom I found awesome.

Umbreon: If there's an Eeveelution in there, expect me to vote for it.

Murkrow line: One of my fave birds, and I likely have to thank the fact Honchkrow is based on a criminal stereotype. Also, it's a powerful attacker too.

Sableye: Mega Evolution made me love this cutie better, how can you not love its diamonds as eyes?

Carvanha line: Another one that Megas made good, I wasn't as big of a fan before but now that I tried the Mega it is definitely a badass shark.

Absol: Fan fave, and how can you not love its unique design and strength?

And literally voted for all 5th and 6th Gen options as well. Those generations (5th Gen in particular) had some really awesome Dark-types.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    Murkrow, Umbreon, and Cacturne. Cacturne was excluded from the list and had to vote on question mark for it. :(

Also am I the only one who really doesn't like Tyranitar?

Chibiterasu

내가 다시 왔네
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    I voted for Absol, Umbreon and Sabeleye. I really like them for their design. Absol, especially. So majestic.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Greninja, hands down. There are plenty of dark mons I like tho. But this takes the cake.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm voting for the Weavile and Krookodile lines. I really love their designs, and they're the dark types I use most often because of it.

Years
    Tyranitar - Amazing jack-of-all-trades and cool design

Sandile line - Based off of my favorite group of animals, reptiles!

Zorua line - Design

Deino line -
    I've wanted to catch this line ever since they were revealed for Black and White. Hydreigon was the first pseudo legend to have Sp.Atk-oriented stats, and a Dark/Dragon typing.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Umbreon - I love all the Eeveelutions, but Umbreon's definitely one of my favorites. <3
    Sneasel line - When I first saw the Weavile Pokkén reveal trailer, she became one of my favorites. :)
    Poochyena line - I like their designs, and my Mightyena named Cobalt was one of my most-used Pokémon in AS.
    Absol and Sableye - I always liked their designs, and both their Megas are even better.
    Carvanha line - A Sharpedo was another one of my most commonly-used Pokémon in AS, and I love its design in general.
    Darkrai - Just love its design.
    Zorua line - Zorua's just so adorable~ <3
    Greninja - I love his appearance in Smash Bros. 4, and it's also pretty much how I learned about him.
    Yveltal - As always, I chose the particular version (Y) over the other (X) because I like how the cover legendary looks more. Yveltal's pretty badass, too.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Weavile is my first choice on my favorite Dark types (and Sneasel as well if we can consider the family line too). Weavile have been my best fast physical sweeper since I played Platinum.

Hydreigon (and Deino and Zweilous) is my second choice. Hydreigon is the best special sweeper I've used in Black 2, especially in PWT. I'm hoping for its Mega Evolution in the next Gen VI game if we are getting any (I'm actually imagining it now on what it would look like).

Honchkrow (and Murkrow) is my third choice. I wasn't a fan of Murkrow before Gen IV's debut. Although it lacked moves but I love its design and concept. Definitely should be the signature Pokemon of Riley because of the hat. Haha! XD

That's my votes!

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
    Umbreon
    Houndour & Houndoom
    Tyranitar
    Darkrai
    Sandile line
    Deino line
    I like all of them for various reasons, mostly because of awesome designs and/or moves.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    A couple that I voted for were Absol and Murkrow.

I always thought Absol was super amazing and cool looking!

Murkrow has a personal meaning to me. When I was playing Pokemon Gold in 5th grade, and I caught Murkrow, it made me sad that it's Pokedex entry described it as being "feared and loathed by many." I was/still am partial to birds, and I felt bad for Murkrow, so I named it Lucky and used it on my team, because I wanted somebody to like Murkrow even if it was just me.

Years
    Well it looks like another week has come and gone for the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, and again, to everyone who participated this week, thank you!

While both the Zoroark and Hydreigon families started off the week strong (both holding the lead at one point), based on past votes, they were still considered shots in the dark to win. And as the week drew to a close, Umbreon claimed the top spot, securing it's third consecutive victory in the Dark type poll!

The next set of polls won't be up until sometime on Sunday afternoon, but for those that haven't already, be sure to check out the results from the other poll this week- Fairy type Pokémon!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Well it looks like another week has come and gone for the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, and again, to everyone who participated this week, thank you!

While both the Zoroark and Hydreigon families started off the week strong (both holding the lead at one point), based on past votes, they were still considered shots in the dark to win. And as the week drew to a close, Umbreon claimed the top spot, securing it's third consecutive victory in the Dark type poll!

The next set of polls won't be up until sometime on Sunday afternoon, but for those that haven't already, be sure to check out the results from the other poll this week- Fairy type Pokémon!

haven't people learned already

Years
    No surprise Umbreon has won again, but Zoroark did give it stiff competition throughout most of the week. Umbreon is one of the most popular Eeveelutions so it was expected to snatch the lead once again. Maybe next year he might finally get dethroned but you never know.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    No surprise Umbreon has won again, but Zoroark did give it stiff competition throughout most of the week. Umbreon is one of the most popular Eeveelutions so it was expected to snatch the lead once again. Maybe next year he might finally get dethroned but you never know.
    Oh, I HOPE he gets dethroned next year!

Back