• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Professor?

Favorite Professor?

• Total voters

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    Either Oak or Juniper.

Elm and Birch had some awesome moments early in the game but they sorta disappeared as the game went on. Birch also had that piece of [bleep] son Brendan that I wanted to sock a good one - he did not raise that boy well. Rowan is blah for me. Sycamore...
    Spoiler:

Oak is the original and has the most appearances, and his design commands respect as a scientist.
    Juniper had her fair share of great moments and wasn't forgotten as the game continued on. She also has her father Cedric.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I like pretty much every professor besided Rowan...he is just too serious and to me, he didnt feel special or unique in any way. My 2nd favorite has to be Oak, for being the one in the original games and the guy who gave me my very first Pokemon. Favorite out of the bunch would have to be Birch, who had the most original introduction i think, being attacked by a Pokemon, and is a really nice guy all-around

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
    Oak's the best, He Actually Looks like a Professor He's No.1

Second would be Prof.Birch for his Great Intros.. and He also looks like 50% Professor and 50% Cool Beach Guy :p.

other than them would be Elm and Rowan, Not those last ones
    Cause I never played Those games in which they appear :D

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Oak gets the place for me as well ^^ though I should give a special mention to Professor Juniper since she's the only female canon pokemon professor within the games

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    My favourite Pokémon Professor has to be Professor Oak. Despite the fact that he is an old man, he is quite cool and being the original Professor he set the tracks for the future generations.

Years
    Juniper, by far. She had her hands in a lot of research, iirc, and was actually quite knowledgeable. Plus, dem curves. :P

Oak is second, though, since he and his aides are a bit more competent than Elm and Birch and their respective assistants, to the point where, as mentioned above, he has his own radio show.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    Without Professor Oak, there would be no way to handle Pokémon with care. The precursor to all the others who is iconic in the Pokémon franchise is the top pick for me.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Professor Birch, and ironically because he completes the look of a professor who gives you real-life tests. Take our first encounter, when he expects us to take a Pokémon and fight the Zigzagoon/Poochyena and doesn't even provide help, tactics or advice. I mean, sure, he was chased around by the critter, but once we engage into battle he's quite free to take charge or something. He tests us, so to speak.

I've always wanted to say that Professor Oak is the man when it comes to Pokémon, but our dex overflows by the time we finish the game so, I think contributions from all professors are equally important.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'm going with Oak on this one. Not even my nostalgia talking either.

I just find him funny and an enjoyable character. I like how he's not too too formal with the kids but he knows what he's doing as well. I love his easygoing personality!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    None of them had the same effect on my childhood has Oak, with the minor exception of Elm. Gen III was terrible for me in every aspect, as was Gen IV. Gen V was OK; however, I found that going forward Nintendo focused less on charisma in their characters. They just didn't have the same effect on me as old Oak's dream of filling his PokeDEX.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I'd have to go with Elm. Part of it might be nostalgia talking but I find his personality to be really adorable :P It's just the little things like how he put a smiley face at the end of an email that you can read on his computer in his lab :P

Second favourite would have to be Oak because of how accomplished and loveable he is.

Back