• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Rom-Hack?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    What's your favorite Rom Hack?
    Mine is...
    I don't really know, there are many great hacks out there...
    Tell me what your's is.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Hmm... Now, I have many favourites, for different reasons:

Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers - More unique than other hacks, nice storyline, nice tiles.

Sienna (Harry, I said it...) - Following Nintendo's style (although I find hacks that do that... Well, not interesting, but...).

Shiny Gold - Nostalgia, I guess.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm working my way through Ash's Quest now, and it's pretty awesome. It's the only one I've played this decade, I vaguely remember some hacks of Red waaay back when.

Off-Topic: Would anyone mind pointing me towards some hacks that are complete, or close to it? I just found my way to this place recently (Through Zorak's LP of Quartz) and am not all that sure where to start. (Tried making a topic to ask that but apparently I can't? Guessing it's a noob thing? Let's see if I can make replies. xD)

EDIT: Yay, I can indeed make replies!

slashedsickness

I'm a master-debator!
    Years
  • Complete ones and incomplete but worthwhile ones

Be sure to look up all the titles in posts above yours, because those are all really good too. My favorite is rijonAdventures because I got it to work on my PSP. I am looking for the same thing as you are, so I have found a few. If you find some more, please reply with the links! I love wasting my life playing these games!

Download free Pokémon hacks | Whack a Hack! - Download This is a different site but has good stuff worth checking out
    [Hack of the Year] Pokémon: rijonAdventures - The PokéCommunity Forums
    [Hack of the Year] Pokémon: Azure Horizons - The PokéCommunity Forums
    PokémonLightPlatinum - HACKS WORLD
    POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008] - The PokéCommunity Forums
    FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean - The PokéCommunity Forums

Some that will be good soon:
    In Progress - Pokemon Blue Chrome - The PokéCommunity Forums
    In Progress - Pokemon Forest of Secrets - The PokéCommunity Forums

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • My fav is far and away Naranja. after playing it, a lot of hacks out there looked like crap. If you can ignore the bad grammer, or if you speak german or spanish, I recomend playing this game now. Also @slashedsickness, those last two ar rmxp games, not hacks...

Years
  • Pokemon Azure Horizons is definitely my favorite ROM Hack. The mapping and scripts are great! I also like how the Gyms are planned out like Gordian Pokemon Gym and the second Pokemon Gym.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2010
    Naranja
    btw does anyone know why i cant start a new thread?
    I clicked the new thread button and it wont let me after i hit post...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Probably Naranja.
    Very original.
    Also, there is Sienna and Quartz. :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well there are many amazing ROM Hacks out there, and created by the most artistic and creative geniuses I have ever seen.
    But my favourite ROM Hack is probably Pokemon Cobalt Burn.

Years
  • Shiny Gold (too bad it's discontinued, I think), Ruby Destiny (pure awesomeness), Naranja (if only it had better english translations then it would be a really original and awesome hack).

Right now i'm playing through hacks only for GBC or GB, and there aren't any really good ones other than Pokemon Prism, can anyone recommend any good hacks? I'm using a GB/GBC emulator on my phone so i only want hacks for it, i've played tons of GBA hacks already. Man i haven't been on this forum for soo long...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • IMO Liquid Crystal, Shiny Gold X, and Naranja (Orange) are a few... I love the Rijon gams, (Though made by different people) And those would be Brown, Prism, and Rijon Adventures...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    my three favorites are:

3) light platinum
    2) raptor
    1) ruby destiny reign of legends

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • my favorite hack is light platinium, the maps are great and I really like the storyline and also the tiles, it's on of the only hacks I played till the end

then it's mistycal, the second hack I played till the end, the story even better than of light platinium, but there's still something that majes me like light platinium more^^

then the third is onyx blue, the storyline isn't changed, even the tiles aren't changed, there are only a few new special events, but the maps of onyx blue are just the best, the creator of onyx blue is the best mapper ever!
    of course it would be better if he'd change also the story and the tiles and so, then it would be maye even before light platinium in my list but well.......

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Does anyone have any favorite hacks that are actually completed? As in, not still in Alpha or Beta?

Back