• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite 'spooky' Pokémon

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    In terms of appearance and background, Pumpkaboo! I absolutely adore it and I love its role as a Pokemon that leads spirits to the afterlife.

In terms of gameplay, Giratina! My original Giratina from Pearl is my strongest Pokemon in a mainline game, ever. Its Ghost and Dragon types let it hit anything but Steel types for STAB neutral or better damage in its original game, and starting in Gen 6+ it can hit everything but the Wigglytuff, Kingambit, and Grimsnarl lines (and Azurill and Mega Audino) for STAB neutral damage. And it has 120 base Special Attack in its Origin Form and Calm Mind access.

(Both of these aren't just my favorite ghost-types, but my favorite Pokemon ever. Spooky Pokemon are my favorites.)

Years
    Gengar is my favorite ghost pokemon. I like him because though he's got a devilish glint in his eyes, he doesn't look too spooky. This is a little monster with a sense of humor. It's hard to be afraid when you see those little feet racing around. However, though he is often playing practical jokes on people, there are still multiple pokedex entries about Gengar doing sinister things too like hiding in shadows to drain your life force, or just outright murdering you to have a companion in the afterlife, enough spooky lore in there that you wouldn't probably really want to see this creature in real life.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    I personally love Dhelmise, It's one of my favorite pokemon ever! It's design is quite neat, an anchor with a steering wheel! I always imagine it as being the ghost of a pirate that merged with his/her ship, which would seem accurate given it's design.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Mismagius. Was down for Mismagius on concept alone. Harbors a strong bias for wizards.

Years
    Mismagius, Banette, Chandelure & Aegislash.

Mismagius is one of my two favorite Ghost types and just kinda looks like it's dressed up for something. And then there's a haunted doll, a haunted chandelier and a haunted sword that can manipulate the people that hold it.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Need I say it?

I love Mimikyu so much. The little guy may be spooky, but he's also adorable and well deserving of all the love he gets even in this very thread. A baby.

Years
    Phantump is my favourite. It alongside Pumpkaboo have always been Halloween Pokémon. I especially like shiny Phantump variant. But I was never a huge fan of Trevenant. I think it just loses all the charm Phantump has.

Back