• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite TV Show(s)

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I wanted to talk about Favorite TV shows, I was looking through to find a thread that didn't have a reply in a month, and there wasn't any! (Unless I skipped through it?).

My favorite TV shows are:

Numb3rs - Fell in love the moment I first saw it, so much drama, so much action
    Leverage - The sense of humor, the sarcasm in this show just makes it great
    Friends - Best Sitcom Ever!
    Smallville - Tom Welling makes a perfect Superman, no doubt!
    NCIS - The Original, Mark Harmon in it. Need I to explain why?
    Ringer - I've watched Angel & Buffy The Vampire Slayer, LOVE Sarah Michelle Geller
    &
    CSI Miami - Ehh, no explanation needed lol

Years
  • mines

Scrubs = Without a doubt my favorite. Nice comedy, is a show that easily have u laughing and i one minute can make u cry and thinking about life. JD is great, and Dr Cox amazing

Supernatural = Is like the new buffy the vampire slayer XD, cool show, great for killing time

The Big Bang Theory = SHELDON!!!

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • I enjoy watching Bones, because I like the theme, plot and characters; and Glee because of pretty much the same thing as Bones
    i also enjoy watching Wilfred because of again the same reasons

Last edited:

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • Community, is by far, the best show currently on air. So hilarious. Amazing characters.
    Sherlock - it's a new series written by steven moffat... very good, very intricate.
    Scrubs and Friends are great too- I can re-watch and re-watch.
    I also think Big Bang Theory is hilarious... I have such a soft spot for nerds.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't watch much TV, lol... but my favorites are:
    America's Most Wanted
    Forensic Files
    American Greed
    Body of Evidence: From the Case Files of Dayle Hinman
    I (Almost) Got Away With It
    I Escaped: Real Prison Breaks

All of the above for pretty myuch the same reason. I'm very interested in real life crime cases, and all of the above shows deal with that subject. American Greed is of particular interest because it deals heavily with fraud, and financial crime I find to be very interesting to watch and read about.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Two and a Half Men post Sheen. Yes Post Sheen. I just find it funny now.

Also Raising Hope is well done too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Yes Scrubs! EAGLE!!!!!!!
    Also love Happy Endings
    Don't forget old school: Cheers, Frasier, Seinfeld - seen em all
    oh and....PARKS AND RECREATION!!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have too many to list, so I'll just list my top five: Roseanne, The Vampire Diaries, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and All In The Family.

Really, if I watch a show for more than two episodes, I like it. But the five above are somewhat of an obsession. Roseanne is my bible, The Vampire Diaries is my obsession, The Big Bang Theory is my life, How I Met Your Mother is my future, and All In The Family is my oxygen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I mainly like a lot of older shows. The shows I like now are just a bit obscure and aren't really related at all haha. Here's what I like:

Roseanne
    Family Matters
    Boy Meets World
    Full House
    Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    That's So Raven
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Glee
    Family Guy
    Restaurant Impossible
    Chopped
    Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
    Judge Judy

Hmm, that's more than I thought. lol

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Some very great choices of favorites. Now "scrubs." I find that show to be..yck. How is that show funny? Maybe the show just doesn't match my style, I don't know. I do find "Everybody Hates Chris" to be hilarious. At first I've always wondered why one of my nephew's like obsessed with the show. Now, I see why. To funny lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    ..too much to list, too much to remember, but I'll just post a few that will pop out the first.

The Big Bang Theory
    Scrubs
    Criminal Minds
    The Wire
    The O.C
    Smallville
    Prison Break
    Lost (excluding the calamitous last season)
    Community
    House
    Family Guy
    Friends

..yes, that's pretty much the shows I can remember well; note that they are listed in no significant order.

Years
  • Two and a Half Men post Sheen. Yes Post Sheen. I just find it funny now.

Also Raising Hope is well done too

Well, I also like Two and a Half Men Post Sheen, I found a lot of ppl who can't stand it, but i guess is because they were too atached to Sheen, but Post-Sheen. what people doesn't seem to understand is that Kutcher isn't a replacement for Sheen, he is just a new character

Years
  • The only things I'm watching right now really is Bones and Grimm. Nothing else really catches my attention.

But when Legend of Korra starts, I'll definitely be watching that. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I can provide two lists in answer to this question: favourite TV shows currently airing, and favourite TV shows of all time.

Favourite TV shows in production

• Community
    • Louie
    • Misfits
    • Mad Men
    • Treme
    Roughly that order, as well. More than anything else, I admire sheer inventiveness in television, which the top three have in spades, but in entirely different ways. Both Mad Men and Treme are fascinating look-ins at potentially impenetrable subject matter, but they each do so in remarkably different ways, and are distinct from their creators' previous show (The Sopranos and The Wire respectively) to stand completely on their own. And I'm surprised there's mention of British TV, as I've been a fierce detractor of it in recent years, but Misfits is the glorious exception, and yet it's still ridiculously British. Huh!

Favourite TV shows of all time

• Arrested Development
    • The Simpsons
    • The Wire
    • Deadwood
    • The Sopranos
    The top two are jockeying for first place, with my position wavering depending on which show I've re-watched last. Of course, when I talk about The Simpsons I do so with the massive caveat that this only goes up to 1998. Anything after that is some unusual bastardization of the once-glorious show, and should be considered a separate entity in and of itself. The bottom three also jockey for my affections, so much so that I call them the 'HBO trifecta'. All are completely distinct studies of character, society and the choices we make, filmed wondrously and with characters we'll probably remember until we die. Glorious!

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    First and foremost, Friends. That is my all time favorite TV show. The adventures, well, adventures being a loose term here, of Monica, Chandler, Joey, Rachel, Phoebe and Ross have never failed to entertain me. Well, I cannot stand Ross, but he does have his moments ("WE WERE ON A BREAK!"). I own all ten seasons of Friends and I love that show to death. I miss the Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston from those days :(

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love television, so I have a lot of favorites:

Archer
    The League
    How I Met Your Mother
    Parks and Recreation
    South Park
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Friends
    30 Rock
    The Office
    Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide
    The Kardashians (STOP YOUR JUDGING RIGHT NOW)
    The Cosby Show
    Sister Sister
    Boy Meets World
    Lizzie McGuire

The ones near the bottom of my list were from when I was younger but still like them nonetheless :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    So many!

The golden Girls
    Roseanne
    Designing Women
    Sex and the City
    Gossip Girl
    Ru pauls drag race
    I love Lucy
    Days of our Lives
    Rasing Hope
    Desperate housewives
    Mad Men
    Downton abbey
    Mary Tyler Moore
    Rhoda
    That Girl
    Dynasty

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I mainly like a lot of older shows. The shows I like now are just a bit obscure and aren't really related at all haha. Here's what I like:

Roseanne
    Family Matters
    Boy Meets World
    Full House
    Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    That's So Raven
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Chopped
    Glee
    Family Guy
    Restaurant Impossible
    Chopped
    Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
    Judge Judy

Hmm, that's more than I thought. lol

It might be because you've listed at least one show more than once.

But anyway, I've got a lot of favorite TV shows.

- Jeopardy!
    - Judge Judy & Joe Brown
    - Auction Hunters
    - Pawn Stars
    - Auction Kings
    - Parking Wars
    - Intervention
    - Dirty Jobs
    - Mythbusters
    - 1,000 Ways to Die

Not sure if there is more, but it's very possible - there are also some shows that I liked to watch, but are no longer on the air (for the time being.)

Back