• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Console?

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Me, I'm building an HTPC, and when I'm done building it, it will be my favorite game console.

I said console so much that it has lost all meaning.

Yes, it did as soon as you called your HTPC one.

I presume you mean you'll have a ton of emulators. Very lame.

Years
    Favorite consoles... I got a bunch of them.

First off... the NES! You can't go wrong with the gray box of fun. I grew up with that thing. I also like... the SNES, PS1, Game Boy Advance SP, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, DS Lite, PSP, Xbox 360

As you can see... I will play ANYTHING! Just as long as they have good games. Along with the NES, the PS1 and PS2 are my all time favorite consoles.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I have only Wii, so my favorite is Nintendo Wii. (My brother has original XBOX but I don't like it so much). I bought it because I really like it more than XBOX360 or PS3 (have played with all of them many times). Wii has good games like Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, I like Nintendo's games and consoles.

XBOX360 and Playstation 3 are going to make more kind of Wii too (Project Natal and that other on PS), because they saw that Wii is better.

Don't get me wrong. XBOX and PS is still good.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    X Box 360. I Like Wii and PS2 also but I favor X Box. Mainly because all the cute guys I know play one.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    The Xbox 360 and Wii, as they are the ones I own, even though I am sure that the PS3 is a great console. If will made a few games that I would like them to, I would definitely pick up my wii from my bottom draw again though.

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I like my PS3 most. I own pretty much every console and I seriously think my PS3 is the best. I only ever really play my 360 if I'm going to play Halo online or sometimes Bioshock. My Wii is only used for DBZ BT 3 and occasionally Battle Revolution. My Ps3 is the only console I can play to kill time. It's probably because I have Rock Band and LittleBigPlanet for it but oh well.

Also I'm just going to put this out here but I think that the Wiimote is ----. Not many games work well with it, except all the Wii-Something games and any kind of Mario game (except Kart, can't play it without a GC controller).

Last edited by a moderator:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The 360 pretty much. Even though I don't have a PS3, there was a time when I would have voted for that. But lately, I've been finding more and more reasons why I don't like it as much as the 360 lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    Hi buddy
    I will go for ps3.If we think about games than now all games support most of all station .So go for PS3

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    What's with this assumption?

Please back it up

He's only 10, it's just his opinion dude. It's probably down to all the shovelware like "ninjabread man" "my first French coach" "Party pigs" and the hundreds more etc. I'm not looking for an argument, and I'm sure he wasn't either, this is just a thread about what people like best, not a debate.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't recall actually posting my favorite console. XD;

My favorite would have to be the 360, purely based on the fact that I use it most. I have a Wii, and have played a PS3 and the Wii's been collecting dust for almost six to seven months, while I've been too bothered by the price of the PS3 to run out and get one, but I've been considering it lately for some time. We'll see though.

Purple., please stop antagonizing members. Just let people post their opinions. They don't need to back it up.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I didn't notice his age.

Sorry about that.

But I just can't stand the claims that the whole console is kiddy.

It has plenty of shovelware...As did PS2..But no one claimed that that was kiddy.

I just don't see why people can't look pass the piles of crap that money loving developers induce onto nintendo's console.

Not every game on 360 or PS3 is actually good..Oh but it's rated 18, so no one cares.

There are so many good games on the Wii + WiiWare and Virtual console support.

I just feel like I have to defend it from alot of narrow minded people who loabel it as a gimmick or just for families and kids.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I didn't notice his age.

Sorry about that.

But I just can't stand the claims that the whole console is kiddy.

It has plenty of shovelware...As did PS2..But no one claimed that that was kiddy.

I just don't see why people can't look pass the piles of crap that money loving developers induce onto nintendo's console.

Not every game on 360 or PS3 is actually good..Oh but it's rated 18, so no one cares.

There are so many good games on the Wii + WiiWare and Virtual console support.

I just feel like I have to defend it from alot of narrow minded people who loabel it as a gimmick or just for families and kids.
    Number of games that scored over 80 (81 or higher) on Metacritic, by console (3 years after release of console):
    Wii: 49
    Xbox 360 (limited to games released before 2009, since console was released in 2005): 108
    PlayStation 3: 106
    PS2 (limited to games released before 2004, since console was released in 2000): 156

I'm not going to judge, but the numbers kind of explain themselves.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Buy those 49 games then; You'll have a whale of a time.

I really don't think that anyone even needs more than 20 games per console anyway.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    ps3 is the best because it has the best graphics

Then I guess the worst console ever created is the NES now isn't it? Graphics should be nothing more than a bonus and by the way, I measure graphics by how it looks to my eye. I don't like my games looking like puke and with a color palette consisting of brown, gray and too dark to see!

Example:

Super Mario Sunshine and Jet Set Radio Future: 10 in the graphics department for being colourful, bright and nice to look at.
    GTAIV: 5 in the graphics department for looking like vomit

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Then I guess the worst console ever created is the NES now isn't it? Graphics should be nothing more than a bonus and by the way, I measure graphics by how it looks to my eye. I don't like my games looking like puke and with a color palette consisting of brown, gray and too dark to see!

Example:

Super Mario Sunshine and Jet Set Radio Future: 10 in the graphics department for being colourful, bright and nice to look at.
    Gears of War and GTAIV: 5 in the graphics department for looking like vomit
    I agree on GTAIV, but the graphics of Gears of War match the mood. It's supposed to be dark like that.

Back