• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    erika and sabrina. sabrina's just... awesome, and erika's fun to play.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years
  • Roxanne is the cutest! I like her dress and her red stockings and her hairstyle. I'm not fond of her choice of Pokémon (I'm look at you, Nosepass) but that's all easily disregarded when you realize how adorable she is.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • Flannery and Blaine are my faves just because they use Fire types(especially Arcanine, that thing is beast!).

Now, if only there was a Dragon-type Gym Leader in Gen III...

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2019
    Brock

Brock is just so loving to his siblings in the anime and was always so responsible. Even if he is a little strange.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    I voted Tate and Liza. Not only do I like the Psychic theme to their gym (the gym in R/S was better), but I love the double batte. It was different and was the most challenging to me. However Winona was a close second. When battling these two, the game plot was also at its climax, which might have added some of the excitement.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Although I voted for 4 leaders, my favorite leader of the two generations was Sabrina. Aside from liking psychic pokemon, I even more so like that her character has psychic abilities as well. I remember watching the anime with her and Kadabra in her gym, and the episode in which she transformed Misty/Brock/Erica's mother into dolls for her dollhouse. Really? Do these other leaders have a background more interesting than that?

I don't remember Erika's mom being turned into a doll. I do love that episode though (episode 22). Plus, it had Mr. Psychic (Sabrina's dad).

Sabrina (obviously) is my favorite gym leader of all time (favorite video game character of all time). So I will always pick her. I like all her designs prior to HG/SS, but her HG/SS design wasn't so bad -__-'. I also like Lt. Surge, Koga, Giovanni, and Blaine (that was even before reading the manga and finding out they are all Rockets).

As for RSE, I like Flannary cause she is kinda hot (in both looks and she uses fire pokemon, my second favorite type after Psychic). Then Wattson and Roxanne. I didn't really care for Winona, or the others, the twins were cool and tough though.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    I decided to choose Misty because of her upbeat personality and her passion for water pokemon that I admired in the anime as well. I do love Staryu and Starmie.
    For R/S/E I would choose Flannery because I found her 'newbie' status as a gym leader rather endearing and a bit funny as well. I also just lover her name and her appearance, though I don't care much for the pokemon she uses. I don't think they fit her as well as a Flareon or Rapidash would.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • In order.
    Sabrina
    Erika
    Misty
    Flannery

I have always loved Sabrina. She's just awesome. And she has the same color as my beloved Sailor Pluto. :D

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Flannery since she has the punk/emo style going for her.

Last edited:

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    ..probably Giovanni of LG/FR, since he was the gym that remotely put up a challenge, regardless that he is the final gym leader, and because he is just awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Sabrina for the Kanto games, I don't know why, I just know I like her, probably because of her design,same can be said about Flannery and Winona

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • I like Misty and Flannery because they are cute and they are simply sticking to their type (and with that, are relative easy to defeat). For the easy defeating I would cont Brook in and nearly Roxanne, but I don't like Nosepass

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
  • Misty for Kanto, because she's, you know, Misty.

Flannery for Hoenn because I really don't like any of the other Gym Leaders and at least she's "hot." :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Misty. She's always been my favorite Kanto Gym Leader no matter what. I don't know why, though...

Winona. I love her appearance and how challenging she was.

Back