• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite location

Years
  • For me, Kanto is unrivaled in terms of its memorable locations and design. Of course, it gets crazy bonus points for being the first region. But regardless of the reason, Kanto is king. Choosing a particular section of Kanto as a favorite is tough...

I think I have to go with Pallet Town. At the risk of sounding insane, I experience strong emotions every time I return to that area. The music. Red and Blue's house. Oak's lab. This is literally where Pokemon begins. Very significant. It's the Mecca of Pokemon. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't have a clear favorite, but there are a number of spots I like.

Gen 1:
    -Pallet Town: Not because there's actually anything to do there, but I like the music, and I like that it's where everything began.
    -Vermillion City: It's on the water, and is an interesting hub. I also think of it as being the last part of the early-mid-game (I think of start to Pewter as early, Mt. Moon to Rock Tunnel as early-mid, Lavender through the rest of mainland Kanto as late-mid, and Cinnabar (post Silph Co.) to Indigo Plateau as late), and I feel like my team is really starting to get established by the time I reach there.
    -Fuchsia City: Home to the first Safari Zone, and for whatever reason, I've spent a lot of time there.

Gen II:
    -New Bark Town: Again, I like starting towns.
    -Goldenrod: So much to do!
    -Ecruteak: Not sure why. I guess I like the rustic feel.
    -Mount Silver/the route outside Mount Silver: This is the culmination of my journey, and I recall doing a lot of training here when I was younger. It also represents the culmination of my efforts in both gen I and gen II (as Red is the champion from Kanto, and the GSC protagonist has finally reached the journey's end and become the best trainer out there).

In gen 1, my favorite place is Fuschia City, because I spent hours training around that area.
    For gen 2, my favorite place has always been that shore in the Kanto region. You know the one. Where the guy runs up to you and tells you you've just entered the Kanto region. Playing Crystal for the first time, that was a big moment for me, huge after the heartbreak of having to try three times to beat the Elite Four.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I really like Ecruteak and Olivine, but the Dragon's Den is probably my favorite place in Gen 2. I LOVE the music there. Like, love it. I'm not a big fan of Dragon-type Pokemon, but the whole atmosphere was really neat and getting the Extremespeed Dratini was fun in Crystal.

I'm also partial to the shrunken down GSC Route 2 in Kanto, because of the upbeat Viridian Forest remix.

In Gen 1, I love Route 23. I was very disappointed back in the day when I got there in my Crystal version and it was gutted. It was just a really cool place and made the journey to the Elite Four feel even cooler.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Gen 1: Celadon City: To me it's the music and the expanded Department Store.
    Gen 2: Goldenrod City: Not only it has the expanded Department Store, but it also has a Radio Tower and the train station. I also liked how it is also close to the Daycare Center and the Park which has the Bug Catching Contest.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I used to love the themes from Cherrygrove City, Goldenrod City and Goldenrod Game Corner, naturally those were my favorite locations!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of Kanto, but if I had to live there, Lavender Town for sure. I love spooky things and creepypasta. And those underground cycling roads were wicked cool to me.

Can I say all of Johto and call it a day. I have a few favorites when it comes to cities ... Olivine and Violet come to mind because I always get excited to visit them, but the other cities have such cool landmarks too. But, I guess for secondary location, the National Park or the Ruins of Alph. Oh, but, Lake of Rage ... Goldenrod Radio Tower ... The Bullet Train! ... dont make me choose

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Violet City, that music alone bring me back to when I was kid and playing this game on the GBC. Memories will fountain through me when I hear it.

Back