• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Favourite lyrics

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I really like the lyrics to Meat Loaf's "I'll Kill You if You Don't Come Back." The first half of the song portrays the relationship between the singer and his lover as a turbulent one; the singer feels spiteful for needing his lover so much. The second half of the song shows that the singer has become cynical and hardened to the ways people express romantic love... but he realizes he just can't stay away from his lover. It's both heartwarming and heartbreaking:

Spoiler:

I also love the lyrics to "Orange" the ending theme of the anime ToraDora. The singer compares herself and her difficulty handling her emotions to an unripe orange that's still too sour.

Rebecca Sugar's "Love Like You," the ending theme to her show Steven Universe, proves that simple lyrics can be very effective. The song describes the feeling of not feeling good enough for the ones you love:

Spoiler:

Finally, I like John Grant's "It Doesn't Matter to Him," just for the vivid metaphors:

Spoiler:

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
  • Definitely My Dearest from Guilty Crown, because it's about the dedication of a friend (or lover) to their own. The English lyrics are really heartwarming to me and I've quoted them a couple times my self.
    Spoiler:

Another song from Guilty Crown is Euterpe which is a song about the world and it's problems. I used to sing revere these lyrics when I was feeling down or something.
    Spoiler:

And then finally I think of the song Nirvana from Inu x Boku SS when I'm feeling lonely.
    Spoiler:

Years

• All of that

hahahaha it was actually this song I had in mind when I made this thread

I especially like this part:
    Spoiler:

His flow at that part with the beat is sublime

Reactions: Cay

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll come back and be serious later but the first thing that popped into my mind was "wrist icicle ride dick bicycle" because I just wasn't expecting that. lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    You are my instigator
    You are my aggravator
    You are my space invader
    Cautionary warning
    I propose...

that show was probably my first real introduction to hard rock

Bay

Years
  • Er, yeah so it's been a while since I mentioned Hamilton haha. My favorite lyrics are from "Wait For It."

Spoiler:

There are similar lines some verses back where it was "Love doesn't discriminate", but I love the "Death doesn't discriminate" version better because it adds Burr's rivalry with Hamilton there.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Breathe Carolina - Skeletons (legit every site has at least one line wrong, but these are the actual lyrics)
    Spoiler:

Breathe Carolina - Gone So Long
    Spoiler:

Breathe Carolina - Chemicals
    Spoiler:

These three stand out to me in particular. Not because Breathe Carolina's my favourite band, but rather I guess the lyrics just speak to me and stuff. ='p yup..

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • bumping this before it hits 30 days

Been listening to a lot more of Thrice and Brand New lately (cause I've recently seen them live) so I'm gonna post some of my favorite lyrics by them.

Spoiler:

- Hurricane, Thrice

Spoiler:

- I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light, Brand New

Spoiler:

- Image Of The Invisible, Thrice

Spoiler:

-At The Bottom, Brand New

Spoiler:

- Broken Lungs, Thrice (this whole song is just..... just listen to it)

Spoiler:

- The Sky Is Falling, Thrice

Also the entirety of this song; Play Crack The Sky by Brand New. I love this type of songwriting where it's kind of like storytelling. Lyrics in spoiler.

Spoiler:

These 2 bands have such great lyrics all around. Jesse Lacey and Dustin Kensrue are incredible lyricists.

Back