• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Water Starter

Favourite Water Starter

• Squirtle

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Piplup

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Froakie

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    My favorite is Piplup, because it was my first ever starter and it's just so adorable. Not to mention how badass the entire evolution line is. It's just so sweet ♡

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have to go with Piplup. I loved the pokemon as soon as I first saw and and I just really love Penguins as well.

Not to mention, Empoleon is still the only pokemon with Water/Steel typing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Totodile <3
    Literally love totodile, and if merch wasn't so damn expensive, I would collect him as well as Rapidash, but cannottttt.
    My point is, totodile is adorable. But the evolutions, less so. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    piplup is my favorite because of empoleon. he became my fav starter to use in the fourth gen

Poke Ches

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    For me it was very close between totodile and mudkip.
    Totodile > Mudkip
    Croconaw > Marshtomp
    Feraligatr << Swampert

But because that 3rd evolution, i go with mudkip

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    My two favorites are squirtle followed by totodile. My real-life fondness of reptiles probably has something to do with it.

Years
  • For me, it's definitely Oshawott as far as the existing lineup goes. However, with the new generation on the horizon the newcomer Water starter Popplio has already become a fave of mine.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like a lot of the base forms buuuuut the evolutions? Not so much. Probably in order maybe

Piplup > Popplio > Totodile > Oshawott > Squirtle / Mudkip / Froakie

Not really sure. I like them all in their own ways though.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I like almost all the water starters, but out of all 6/7, Totodile is for sure my fav of them all, and my fav starter too. Fast? Hits hard? Solid coverage options(Ice fang anybody)? And starting off cute and themn becoming badass as a Feraligatr is also a plus. But one of the main reasons I like it is cause it was also the first mon I had ever brought to the league in any of the games, so I have a bit of a soft spot for it as a result, haha.

Froakie is for sure a close second. Again, a speedy heavy hitter, and all the Greninjas I had ever used have been so OP it's not funny. Now I see why it is popular.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The one that stands out to me the most is Piplup. It was the easiest of the three when choosing and it has the most adorable design for a Water-type starter. Mudkip and Totodile are pretty cool too!

novafire91

I love my family!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I like Squirtle the most out of all of them because it resembles a turtle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Squirtle! Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, and Squirtle's line is my favorite Pokemon line, so it was an easy choice (although a lot of the water starters are great). Squirtle was my first Pokemon ever, and I always try to use one on my team these days when I can. I'm a little sad that I won't be able to have one early on in Sun and Moon (the early Kanto starter availability was one of my favorite features of X and Y), but I'm sure I'll use one in the newer games sometime before too long.

Back