• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    In this generation, Feebas was first introduced and practically impossible to catch. It was harder to catch than any other generation in my opinion, and probably one of the hardest to find. Of all time. So did you ever catch a Feebas? If so, how long did it take you?

Years
  • I caught a few Feebas once. After I found the spot they were spawning at that day, I snatched up a few. It took a few weeks at least to find that spot (since I was young then, I was trying out stupid phrases from Dewford's Fan Club every day since they were "RUMORED TO WORK"), but I can't remember the exact amount of time it took for me to figure out how it actually worked and then implement a search method.

I loved resetting my Sapphire and replaying it over again, though, so I didn't keep the Feebas for long. To be honest it was a big waste of time. Magikarp ftw.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I once caught a Feebas in Sapphire. I don't remember how long it took me, but I think it took around an hour or two to find.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Nah, not in Emerald or Sapphire. When those games came out, I wasn't even aware on how to catch it and didn't have the resources to check. I'm playing through Emerald again, though, and plan on getting one so I can get my Milotic.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I was always pretty lucky with finding Feebas. It was evolving it, that I always had trouble with. I could catch about twenty Feebas no problem, but getting their beauty level to where it needed to be was a completely different story.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I just got lucky with the thing

I wonder why this Pokemon was so hard to obtain? It always confused me why they picked this pokemon to be the super rare one.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Only once in Ruby years ago and it was by dumb luck! I'm not even sure if I knew about how rare it was back then or even how they only appeared on those specific tiles!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never found one, though I recall spending long hours trying.

I did eventually get a Milotic from the GTS one generation later, but that is neither here nor there.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I definitely caught at least one, but I can't remember if it was through strategy or through sheer luck. It was certainly worth it when it eventually evolved into Milotic, which is one of my favourite critters.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • I had a very high chance of finding Feebas, in a day at the spawn points i saw 4 out of 10 wild Pokemon appearances. Caught 1, and at another luck because I forgot that I only had one great ball.

Years
  • I never had one before. I knew it was difficult to catch, and I was too lazy to attempt it. Also, I was never interested in getting one.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Wow...reading this thread, I realized that Feebas must be really hard to get. So, I decide to get one for myself and see. Second try, I land one. Currently I have met four Feebas's, two of which I caught: male and female. They are breeding now.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Feebas is common once you actually know how to get one, it definitely didn't give anyone I know problems.

Pokemon like Chansey in R/B/Y's Safari Zone on the other hand? Nightmare. I remember as a kid I literally started to tear up because of how long it was taking me to catch one. All those hours... all those fails.. I just broke down at some point..

1st Gen Safari Zone: It breaks small children.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Dont rember catching one, but i never looked for so yeah :p But I hear it is quite hard to find and catch one if you dont know how.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I found one! This was before I really used the internet for my needs, and I stuck with guide books. I found one...fairly easily, actually haha. I haven't fished for one ever since then...it was Modest also! I think I still have that same one, actually. It's a Milotic now, with a stupid name. Kai Dragon. :| But yeah, I did find one, and even better, I managed to get it to evolve. I'm getting a medal for this, right?

Jason_F

Green Avenger
    Years
  • It actually didn't take too long for me, probably about 15, 20 minutes? Anyways, I got it evolved to a Milotic soon after.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I want to evolve it, but I don't think I can max out its beauty...after all, dry internal battery. Meaning that berries won't grow. So...I only have a certain amount of whatever makes a beauty PokeBlock and I always have to blend with the old man.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I never could catch a Feebas.

I heard you had to go to route 119 and go in front of the guy who is fishing
    near the mimics, but if you battled him, then it wouldn't work.

Nonsense.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • For an hour or so each day for two weeks I looked for Feebas, and eventually I found one. It was one of the most rewarding captures I have experienced. :3 Later on I bred for a good Nature and evolved my Feebas into a Milotic.

Back