• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fight for the DW Starters!

Do you think that Pokemon will release the Dream World Starters?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    https://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml

We all know that the Japanese have got the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters, we all know how everyone wants Speed Boost Torchic or Chlorophyll Bulbasaur, and we ALL know that people outside of Japan haven't gotten them. Why? Why haven't we gotten the DW Starters yet? Is it Pokemon giving exclusives to people in Japan? Are they going to try and surprise us? Are they ever going to release them at all? Voice your opinions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I dunno, I figure it would be fun for all of us to have them but unless there's reason to give them out (aka maybe R/S starters on R/S anniversary & Johto/Kanto at some point idk) then chances are they won't do it randomly. There's also the fact that they're eventually going to have to release Unova Pokemon with hidden abilities and when that does occur then maybe they might do something with the starters for all of us. :x

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Japan hates the rest of the world. That's why we don't have the starters. =( At least it feels that way... ugh speed boost Blaziken is amazing LOL

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I would've liked it if the US got the DW starters right at this moment, but I think that GameFreak may make them a hidden surprise as an event.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Japan keeps like 70% of all Downloadable events and stuff like that to themselves cause it makes them more money there. There isn't much point spending money to enhance things in places you don't make much money when you'd end up wasting more money than you'd earn.

The issue are the players who are always "Well its to far for me to go out and download!" or "Its stupid they make this download only! They should make it easier to get!" <--Most of the time its cause people are generally lazy and don't want to do anything that doesn't benefit themselves more than a pat on the back.

Out of Japan Pokemon is a small hobby like reading a book. Pokemon gets more publicity, have more fans, and is more of a small fan club in Japan (There really ARE actual fan club bases and some "teams" in Japan just for Pokemon devoted people.)

Its the level of want. Internationally as a whole, we don't produce good enough numbers to have heavy support.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Japan keeps like 70% of all Downloadable events and stuff like that to themselves cause it makes them more money there. There isn't much point spending money to enhance things in places you don't make much money when you'd end up wasting more money than you'd earn.

The issue are the players who are always "Well its to far for me to go out and download!" or "Its stupid they make this download only! They should make it easier to get!" <--Most of the time its cause people are generally lazy and don't want to do anything that doesn't benefit themselves more than a pat on the back.

Out of Japan Pokemon is a small hobby like reading a book. Pokemon gets more publicity, have more fans, and is more of a small fan club in Japan (There really ARE actual fan club bases and some "teams" in Japan just for Pokemon devoted people.)

Its the level of want. Internationally as a whole, we don't produce good enough numbers to have heavy support.

I wish we did produce the numbers but it's odd at my college I see more people playing now because a group of my friends play quite often there. I really do hope they are released, mainly for my friend who is dying for a DW Typhlosion and I wouldn't mind some of them either.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I reckon becvause Japan gets the games first they get the events first. Then we get 'em later. They have to release them eventually, it's just a matter of time. Eventually every pokemon will be released with their dream world ability.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    It wouldn't bother me if the United States did not get the dream world starters because I rarely use dream world anyways. But for some odd reason, I don't think we are going to end up getting these starters because I think we should have gotten them by now. We may end up getting played over again (the first being Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the Wii).

:t354:TG

Pingouin_7

Japan hates the rest of the world. That's why North America, Europe, Australia and South Korea have had Pokémon games specifically translated for them and had event Pokémon targeted at them.

"Hate" is a strong word, and Japan definitely doesn't hate nor dislike us.
    I believe that it is up to Nintendo of (insert respective region here) to release a Dream World event Pokémon, since I doubt Nintendo of Japan handles the other region Global Links.

Back