• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fight Radius

Years
  • Look, I have a question about essentials, so sit and listen to the story.

So, I made a Pokémon Trainer (HOLY CRAP A POKéMON TRAINER) that will fight when you walk where he is looking. The issue is, I want where he looks to extend all the way down, or else you can skip him. Is there any way to fix this?

ALSO, if you have time, is there a way to make a .gif loop? If so, please answer that in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370405

Best,
    Mike

Years
  • Vendily said:
    Well, I don't know how far you want the line of sight to be, but if you name the event "Trainer(X)", where X is the range of sight, that should work.
    Also, there is a wiki page for Trainers, and this is the first bit of information it gives you.
    Is it required to be named Trainer(X)? Can it be named Vendily(X), TheMikningBolt(X), etc?

Years
    • Seen today
    Is it required to be named Trainer(X)? Can it be named Vendily(X), TheMikningBolt(X), etc?

Pokemon Essentials Wiki said:

Setting up a trainer event

To do this, create an event with the name "Trainer(X)", where "X" is the number of tiles the trainer can "see" in front of it (i.e. if the player steps within that range, the trainer will automatically notice them, move towards them and talk to them).

The wiki says Trainer(X), so I would name it Trainer(X).
    Pretty sure it wouldn't work otherwise.

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • If you want the game to recognise the event as a person who will challenge the player if s/he moves into their line of sight, the event has to be named Trainer(X).

You can give the Trainer themselves a proper name when you set them up in trainers.txt. Again, refer to the wiki.

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
  • Just to reiterate what you name your events on your maps makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to the actual battle portion of the trainer battles. Their names aren't defined through the event name, but the pbs file, so having trainer(x) won't affect his name whatsoever.

Back