• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Finished] Holiday Trading Card Game Online FreePlay Event

Years
  • [Finished] Holiday Trading Card Game Online FreePlay Event

What's Happening?

Throughout the remainder of The 25 Days of PokéCommunity, a FreePlay event of Pokémon Trading Card Game Online will be going on where you can earn prizes just for playing matches against other FreePlay participants in the official Pokémon Trading Card Game Online! There will be 2 prize periods of 10 days each! First prize period runs from December 5th through December 14th and the second one runs from December 15th to December 24th!

How can I join?

All you need to do is post in this thread stating you're interested, and then go out and play matches against other FreePlay participants! Also fill out the information in the short form at the end of this post. Achievements are only valid against other FreePlay participants.

What prizes are up for grabs?

The prizes are TCGO codes.

Ways to Earn Prizes

The below ways are eligible to be won in each prize period:
    Win the most matches
    Lose the most matches
    Play in the most matches (without withdrawing/dropping)
    Deal the most damage in a single attack among all FreePlay players!

These ways can be earned at any point during the event in any prize period, but only once per person:
    Not dropping from a single match, win or lose
    Winning without an EX in your deck
    Being voted as having the most creative deck
    Win a match with all your prizes left
    Win in the first 5 turns (opponent withdrawing does not count!)
    Lose a match with all of your opponent's prizes left
    Come back from being down 2 or more prizes to win
    KO 10 Pokemon-EX
    Dealing over 150 damage in a turn

Redeeming for Prizes

All you need to do to redeem for your prize is to attach the gamelog for the game you made the achievement in!
    You can get this after the match by clicking the Game Log tab in the Match Results window that pops up after each match, then clicking the Export button. This will copy the Game Log to your computer's clipboard. Paste this into Notepad, WordPad, Word, or other text editor of your choice, save the file, and upload it as an attachment to your post stating your achievement and what you achieved!

For the most wins, most losses, and most matches played without withdrawing/dropping achievements, you must provide proof of all your game logs! Prizes will be handed out after both prize periods have finished, but prize statuses will be confirmed or rejected as they come up during the event.

Sign-Up Information!

Here's all you need to sign up:

PC Username:
    TCGO Nickname:

List of Participants

PC Username: donavannj (not eligible for any prizes)
    TCGO Username: donavannj (not eligible for any prizes)

PC Username : Luqman533
    TCGO Username : Luqman533

PC Username: Geras32
    TCGO Username: Geras32

PC Username: GiovanniViridian
    TCGO Nickname: FennekinBlossoms

PC Username: Gamer2020
    TCGO Nickname: Gamer2020

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Hi. I'm really interested in joining this event!
    PC Username : Luqman533
    TCGO Username : Luqman533

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • I really wish I.had a PC that could run TCGO right now instead of my stupid chromebook. But I don't so... But I do offer to supply the code prizes! If that helps?

Years
  • I really wish I.had a PC that could run TCGO right now instead of my stupid chromebook. But I don't so... But I do offer to supply the code prizes! If that helps?

Not completely sure if I'll be able to join, but I should have some spare codes you can use for prizes too.

I've got like 200+ codes just sitting around that I've been lazy about entering into my own collection. I think I'm good for prizes unless there's more than 50 people participating, haha.

And, Geras, all it takes is one match against someone else who's registered for the event to have participated. If you've got a buddy you can play against.

If you know anyone else interested in playing, send them here!

Thank you!
    Now I wait for other participants.

What time zone are you? I might be able to play you at some point as long as it's not awful hours for either one of us (1:31 AM where I am as I make this post).

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    What time zone are you? I might be able to play you at some point as long as it's not awful hours for either one of us (1:31 AM where I am as I make this post).
    It is 5:03 PM here. I think my time zone is UTC +08:00

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'll join in too, although it's been a while since I played it.

Years
  • I'll join in too, although it's been a while since I played it.

One match doesn't take too long, so I could probably manage something one night (GMT -6 for better perspective on what I mean by "night"). Though it's been a while.

Got you both in.

And GMT -6 happens to be my time zone! A match with me is definitely feasible for you.

Years
  • It is 5:03 PM here. I think my time zone is UTC +08:00

I'll join in too, although it's been a while since I played it.

One match doesn't take too long, so I could probably manage something one night (GMT -6 for better perspective on what I mean by "night"). Though it's been a while.

Open to playing any one of you. Message me to coordinate a time!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Will add you to the first post tomorrow!

Up for a match sometime over the next couple of days when I'm not working!
    Sure. Just let me know what time would be best for me to be on. Usually I'm on more but the bugs currently are kind of outputting.

Years
  • Sure. Just let me know what time would be best for me to be on. Usually I'm on more but the bugs currently are kind of outputting.

And then I got busier than I anticipated (family emergency came up) and couldn't arrange a match with you.

With no matches played, no prizes will be handed out.

I'll be running another one of these in February, though, so keep an eye out for it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Wow, no matches made? That sucks. Seeing this even did lead me to download TCGO, but I didn't feel comfortable with pretty much the starter/theme decks and nothing of my own (though was in the process). Maybe next time! Thanks for hosting!

Back