• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] (Fire Red) Modifiying Exp Gain?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I was doing some experimenting with a Fire Red ROM, and followed a tutorial to allow Pokémon to reach up to level 255.

While the tutorial worked and I can get Pokémon that high, unfortunately, I quickly realised that actually getting to level 255 via manual experience gain would be somewhat a pain (even if this was all just for fun)

I placed some very high level wild Blissey somewhere to test how much Exp they would give, but these only seem to give at most 9000 Exp or so.
    A trainer with 6 level 255 Blissey only gave about 15k Exp per Blissey... and this was with an outsider Pokémon holding Lucky Egg (I'm not sure if the Exp All patch I have is affecting this value, as I don't remember where that patch came from).

I did some searching to see if Exp gain edits in Fire Red had been done before, but only managed to find a topic where the offset to change the multiplier for Lucky Egg was given, which makes the Blissey now give ~27k Exp.

Question is, how can I modify the Exp gain formula so that I can gain more Exp? From what I've seen, apparently it will break if you earn more than ~54k Exp, though I never found out why this happens or if it can be prevented somehow.

Would it be a binary edit, or something I can do in XSE (or both)?

Back