• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Fire Red's In-Battle Textbox

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Hi.

I am trying to modify the In-Battle Textbox of Fire Red. I found out through a quick Google searchFire Red's In-Battle Textbox (which pointed me on a thread on PokéCommunity itself) that the offset of the Textbox is 0xD00000. I also found out that if you exceed the maximum amount of bytes editing it and thus repointing with NSE, it will crash as soon as you get to the Tilescreen of the ROM. So you must be careful.

My problem is: I don't know how to find the Palette offset. If someone would be so kind to help me I'd really appreciate it. I am using Fire Red 1.0 patched with MrDollSteak's ROM base and NSE.

StynaMN

I make music.
    Years
    In the original FireRed Version ROM, when using APE, the offset for the FIGHT/BAG/POKEMON/RUN textbox should be 0x47190C, if I'm not mistaken. Is this what you need?

If you're looking for the textbox in which the information is displayed, that gets kind of messy, as the palette doesn't load correctly in APE. However, the hex offsets that can be edited with a hex editor are the following:
    Text Color: 0xD004E8
    Text Shadow: 0xD004EA
    Border Shadow: 0xD004FA
    Border Color: 0xD004FC
    Textbox Background: 0xD004FE

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm pretty sure that the palette is a compressed one, which is why it may not appear correctly in APE. Try loading a compressed palette about the offsets StynaMN gives, and you should have no problems. Unless of course I'm wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    I used the hex offsets that StynaMN provided and did it. I think I owe you a big one! :) Thanks a lot.

Back