• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] FireRed 1.1 Tools

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    I have been working on my own hack and have already edited a decent amount but now, going to edit the trainers, I'm finding out most tools only work with FireRed v1.0.
    Had I known this was an issue before I would've used it but I started with 1.1 and have put dozens of hours into it and don't want to start over.
    Are there ANY trainer editing tools that work with Fire Red v1.1?

Years
  • I have been working on my own hack and have already edited a decent amount but now, going to edit the trainers, I'm finding out most tools only work with FireRed v1.0.
    Had I known this was an issue before I would've used it but I started with 1.1 and have put dozens of hours into it and don't want to start over.
    Are there ANY trainer editing tools that work with Fire Red v1.1?

There may be, but I would advise to start from v1.0. You will face a lot of errors when proceeding.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Always use Fire Red 1.0, it is used as the standard within the community. Since you mention ''dozens of hours'', and not some longer time span, it's worth to switch for sure.

I'm not sure about a trainer editor that's compatible with Fired Red 1.1 either.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Here's the best solutions: Either use Fire Red 1.0 to make create the changes, then copy the changed bytes and paste them in their respective locations using a hex editor. Or you can switch to using decomp, instead of binary hacking. Or modify the hack tools themselves by using a hex editor on the .exe. Or just use 1.0 without fixing any of the bugs that were fixed in 1.1.

I would still recommend using the latest, because of the amount of bugs fixed in 1.1 and text corrections.

The thing is, the tools only need a minor adjustment to them, because the offsets in the ROMs are different between revisions. And usually it can be done through reverse engineering the hack tool itself.

Back