• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered A RebooT [Build 8]

What feature would you like?

• New kinds of battles like inverse

Votes: 45 17.6%
  • Long but Great Sidequests

Votes: 144 56.3%
  • Sevii Overhaul

Votes: 99 38.7%
  • More Pokemon

Votes: 102 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • Are you going to implement unlimited TM's?

Nope It's a neat feature in Gen V but I believe we dont need it in gen 3 since only a few TMs are actually useful imo

Thanks splash, managed to download and patch, ill let you know how I get on

Cool!

Progress:
    Kinda spent the day with my girl so I'll start working again on my hack tomorrow. The schedule of the release date is still 31st of May since I'm kinda sure I'll be able to pull the feature off one way or another. But for now you can just start playing the withbugfixesonly patch.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • yeah hey cute game, great concept etc but I've encountered a few bugs which I haven't seen reported here which makes me think it might just be my rom but I'll report them anyway.

The game freezes when Bulbasaur evolves and when I chose Charmander it didn't know any moves and then when it leveled up the game froze too.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • yeah hey cute game, great concept etc but I've encountered a few bugs which I haven't seen reported here which makes me think it might just be my rom but I'll report them anyway.

The game freezes when Bulbasaur evolves and when I chose Charmander it didn't know any moves and then when it leveled up the game froze too.

Hi what version are you using?

That happened to one of my testers but it turns out that he patched it wrong or have been using a different version of firered..
    I'll try my bestto make sure the next build will have minimal bugs.

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Just dropping by to show you guys a new feature which the casual gamers will surely enjoy:

Instead of grinding in wild grass searching for pokemon. You can take your time battling Stuffers inside the cozy Pokemon Center. It costs a bit of cash as you battle higher levels though so keep that in mind. Starting pokemoney(?) needed to train with Simula is 100 Pokemoney(?)

Build 5 is in the testing phase right now check the current progress in the original post for more information.
    Restarting a playthrough is recommended but continuing your save is possible(use savestates)
    Please use a clean Firered V 1.0 rom before reporting bugs cause it really wastes my time checking all of them out.
    Look at the Bugs section of the original post for all the bugs found. Thank you to all who are reporting them.

Btw Expect the patch 18 hours from now it's still 30 after all xD
    I'm gonna test it out first so that no major bugs might show up or something.

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Build 5 is Released!
    Here are the features:
    *Changed Atlas' Sprite
    *Removed first person view in Viridian Forest because it looks buggy
    *Fixed Black Silhouette Bug
    *Inserted Love ASM credits to FBI Agent
    *Inserted Critical Nerf Hack credits to KDS
    *Implemented the Training Simulator
    *Added Player Facing ASM credits to Jambo51
    *Slightly increased wild pokemon levels
    *Increased the amount of money obtainable
    *Implemented Some of JPAN's Specials
    *Added New Pokemon:
    -> All Cross Gen Evolutions
    -> Goomy Line
    -> Deino Line
    -> Gible Line
    -> Durant
    -> Litwick Line
    -> Croagunk Line
    -> Shinx Line
    -> Tyrunt Line
    -> Larvesta Line

Patch it to a clean Firered V 1.0 rom so that you wont be hassled with any bugs.

Because of the new pokemon this will not be compatible with older saves you can continue however if you use savestates but thats only for those who finished the main storyline and is in the post game..

Last edited:

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • Build 5 is Released!
    Here are the features:
    *Changed Atlas' Sprite
    *Removed first person view in Viridian Forest because it looks buggy
    *Fixed Black Silhouette Bug
    *Inserted Love ASM credits to FBI Agent
    *Inserted Critical Nerf Hack credits to KDS
    *Implemented the Training Simulator
    *Added Player Facing ASM credits to Jambo51
    *Slightly increased wild pokemon levels
    *Increased the amount of money obtainable
    *Implemented Some of JPAN's Specials
    *Added New Pokemon:
    -> All Cross Gen Evolutions
    -> Goomy Line
    -> Deino Line
    -> Gible Line
    -> Durant
    -> Litwick Line
    -> Croagunk Line
    -> Shinx Line
    -> Tyrunt Line
    -> Larvesta Line

Patch it to a clean Firered V 1.0 rom so that you wont be hassled with any bugs.

Because of the new pokemon this will not be compatible with older saves you can continue however if you use savestates but thats only for those who finished the main storyline and is in the post game..

Hell yeah Chandelure!
    Things are getting better and better on this hack~ :P

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nice new features, I wound up losing track a bit of recent progress but I'll be sure to come back to this once I get home from work today.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Hell yeah Chandelure!
    Things are getting better and better on this hack~ :P

There are still 25 slots left actually I just havent decide what to put in those slots..

If you guys would like to suggest a pokemon you'd like to be in the game just post what pokemon you'd like.. If others agree I may insert them in the next release

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • There are still 25 slots left actually I just havent decide what to put in those slots..

If you guys would like to suggest a pokemon you'd like to be in the game just post what pokemon you'd like.. If others agree I may insert them in the next release

Honedge maybe? I don't know.

Hoping that someday they have their proper cry,there's a tutorial on how to insert high quality cries with Sappy.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Honedge maybe? I don't know.

Hoping that someday they have their proper cry,there's a tutorial on how to insert high quality cries with Sappy.

I'm not really that great yet in hacking so inserting cries is one of my many weaknesses aside from mapping, spriting, asm'ing, hex editing, spriting and spriting so I doubt I'll be able to insert cries at the moment. And about the honedge line. I really really really want it in my hack but my hack doesnt have stance change in it so having an aegislash with another ability other than stance change is mighty weird O.o If you guys are okay with that I'll add him in but if not then we'll settle for something else i guess

Full Disclosure on how one of the asm i inserted affects the game:
    If you dont have enough friendship(ie. dying all the time, not healing etc) and you overlevel your pokemon theres a chance t wont obey when you dont have the right badges. that's all.. check out the links in the current progress for more information regarding the asm i inserted.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    There are still 25 slots left actually I just havent decide what to put in those slots..

If they aren't in already I would love Tyrunt and Tyrantrum. They are my all new favorite having toppled Squirtle as my all-time favorite pokemon. I love dinosaurs and the fact we got a representative of the family tyrannosauridae at long last makes it a must have IMO.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • If they aren't in already I would love Tyrunt and Tyrantrum. They are my all new favorite having toppled Squirtle as my all-time favorite pokemon. I love dinosaurs and the fact we got a representative of the family tyrannosauridae at long last makes it a must have IMO.

If you read his build 5 post, you'll see that tyrunt's is already in.

someone suggested riolu's and i think i've seen that you added it in since build 4 right? i'm requesting for starly and pawniard's line btw.

i started the game again and haven't spotted a bug so far good job :)

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • If you read his build 5 post, you'll see that tyrunt's is already in.

someone suggested riolu's and i think i've seen that you added it in since build 4 right? i'm requesting for starly and pawniard's line btw.

i started the game again and haven't spotted a bug so far good job :)
    yeah i just forgot to list riolu but he's in the game. I'd also like pawniard line and starly line cause theyre too awesome haha

Anyways build 6 i believe will just be a minor patch with some game improvements and rebalance. Im planning to put in set battle as the difficulty of the game drops due to simula. Ev berries is also planned to be in the next release but I dont know how to add items yet so dont get your hopes up xD

Edit: Build 6 is released. Check out the current progress spoiler for the changelog.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Downloaded yesterday but won't be updating to build 6 as really hate "set" mode. I think the levels are difficult enough, require a lot of grinding. Shame really.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Downloaded yesterday but won't be updating to build 6 as really hate "set" mode. I think the levels are difficult enough, require a lot of grinding. Shame really.
    I really suck at playing pokemon but believe me after using simula the game was a breeze.
    That's why set battle kinda balanced it a bit. I dont even think it's a difficulty game anymore right now haha

For casual gamers who can't casually look through the first post:

Simula The AI

Grinding = Gone in this game

Edit: Build 7 will contain new pokemon. Expect the patch 2-3 days from now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I am not at a pokemon center where that's available yet. I have literally just defeated the rocket outside of Mt Moon with Charmeleon - 27, Swablu - 24, Nidorina - 25 and Gyarados - 20. Set mode kills it.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I am not at a pokemon center where that's available yet. I have literally just defeated the rocket outside of Mt Moon with Charmeleon - 27, Swablu - 24, Nidorina - 25 and Gyarados - 20. Set mode kills it.

Sorry if you don't like set mode but yeah I'm not gonna change it back..

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • I played the game up to Vermillion. haven't challenged Surge yet. gonna continue tommorow/later xD found some bugs/oddities along the way.

these are build 5's so i don't know if your aware of these. i won't update to build 6 for now 'cause i still don't like force set mode xD

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back