• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First and latest ROM hack you played?

Years
    What was the first ever ROM hack you ever played?
    Pokemon Quartz by TehBaro, I actually enjoy it since unlike other ROM Hacks on Pokecommunity it is more edited. I also enjoyed playing the sequel Pokemon Marble and seeing Zorak and Yuoaman's Let's Plays of Quartz.

What was the latest ROM hack you have played? Was it fun?
    The one I'm gonna play next is Snakewood, before that was LP (in English) and Flora Sky C. Dex version. I find all of those ROM Hacks to be fun, even Flora Sky which I have guilty pleasures for playing. After Snakewood I plan on playing Quartz and Marble, which will be exiting!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
    Pokemon Topaz by Bazza,it was okay,I liked playing as a team rocket,but those sprites gave me some nightmares
    Pokemon Liquid Horizon which was pretty decent, it was basicly firered but you can get missingno and actually train it and stuff so it was cool,I'm thinking of trying pokemon liquid ocean or darkcry

Melloeta_Step

I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.
    Years
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends

Pokemon Flora Sky. It was really fun. i still play it because i can't find Araragi's LAB

CharmanderFan123

Death is only an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    Well I'd have to say it'd be, Pokemon Sienna. I'm new to ROM hacking and the idea of choosing to join TR sounded the coolest!
    The latest one would have to be Ash Gray. And I loved it. The idea and gameplay of going through the anime in the game is awesome and fun. Plus to add on top of that the Kanto Season of the anime was my favorite!

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    The first hack I ever played was Shiny Gold. It was mainly the reason I sought out hacking, too.

The latest one I played is Elite Quest. It's a decent hack that I hope will grow even bigger in its all.

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years

Like most people I assume the infamous shiny gold... took me a while to work out it was a rom hack though i downloaded it from cydia to play on my ipod and i thought it was heart gold until very late in the game.

Mine! i have only made it up to the 3rd city and I have had to play it through so many times I know the god dam thing word for word. I don't have the time to test any hacks out at the moment and can't remember the last time i did have the time.

Kimura-chan

The Quiet One
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    False Red. It's a sad story. A good one though. The ending is quite bittersweet with a bit of creepy mixed in. Not as bad as Lost Silver, but that's technically not a ROM hack. If it does count, then that was my first. :)

ShinyGold. It's fun, but starting to get a bit bored... Oh well, looks like there's lots of other hacks out there that are fun! (I'm new to this world of ROM hacks...)

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years

It was Quartz that first introduced me to the world of rom hacking. I can remember getting hooked when I first started playing it.

Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians pre beta 5. So far, it's looking pretty good and it's definitely one of the best GBA hacks I have played.

Last edited:

barkalar

I think the first hack I ever played was Light Platinum Beta 3. I couldn't beat the 4th Gym Leader and stopped playing.

Years
    First was Shiny Gold, I believe... or Prism. Pretty sure it's the former, though. Liquid Crystal was the last one I played (have yet to finish it). I seem to really like Johto hacks.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    First hack I played was Ruby Destiny, I found it awesome, the latest I've played is Pokemon Gust (I think) It was alright.

Crystal Spirit Version

Awesome mapper, Smart fella
    Years
    Mine!

Mine!! that is all C: hehehe, I don't play hacks, I make em O:. If your wondering how i know about them when I have just joined cos I saw them on youtube

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    1)quartz on the gameboy advanced sp, beta3 or 4.... and it was...now i hate it

latest: would have to be pokemon light platnum. (even though i have no idea what the game says) yes very fun, still playing it

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2011
    First one was Old White, I think, ever since I've downloaded all pokémon hacks I could find on poke-mega.org, and right now I'm playing Lilac, and I'm trying to make my own hack... Which is pretty tough :$

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    PokéMobs!!!
    Helluva hack. Hilarious and stuff 8-)
    and latest would be Sienna!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It was Pokemon Shiny Gold, got it somewhere in the web back two years ago.
    Pokemon Light Platinum, it was really fun. The graphics are just impressive. :'o

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    First ever was Pokemon Ash Gray. Was nice but got bored after a while..
    Latest is Pokemon Flora Sky. Apart from the horrible, horrible grammar everything about this hack is good.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    What was the first ROM hack you ever played?

Pokemon Brown. I found it on some romhacking site. It looked interesting, so I played it, and it was actually really fun.

Pokemon Light Platinum. At first, I was skeptical, thinking it was just a Platinum remake, but... it wasn't. I really liked it.

Back