• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Guys I didn't quite understand how to get the games code . Do I need to actually go to the stores in order to get it or I can have it via the network or any other way ?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • Pokemon ORAS (Updated) Demo Information

For all of you wondering when the Demo for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be coming out for your respective countries, Serebi.net has released info regarding ways on how to get the Demo in Europe, Italy, Belgium, UK, and The Netherlands. No information about the U.S. was mentioned, but the post is expected to be amended throughout the day, so we can only hope they release official information regarding a Demo for the U.S.

Europe/UK Demo Release:

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. GAME Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.

The Netherlands Demo Release:

The Netherlands has announced that you can get the demo at their firstlook event on October 11th/12th, or at their autumn tour

Italy Demo Release:

Italian details have been revealed. You can get the demo in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November., during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls), during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity & at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.

Belgium Demo Release:

If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th

France Demo Release:

French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

Germany Demo Release:

For those of you in Germany, the details of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed in German McDonalds restaurants utilising the Nintendo Zone on your Nintendo 3DS from October 15th. To access it, you simply access the option in the Nintendo Zone to receive a code that can be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop

Serebii also mentioned that the demo code cannot be redeemed until October 15th. The post also mentions that the demo will be available for all of the mentioned countries until the release date, which will be November 21st of this year.

[Source: Serebii.net]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    wait so i will be able to get the demo code without having to go to the store?
    i didnt quiet understand how this works hehe ^^

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Ugh why can't they just put the demo up on the eshop to be downloaded by anyone easily, instead of all this jumping through hoops nonsense. At least it seems more reasonable than the Smash Bros demo

Anyway, how do I get myself in these UK databases?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I guess the NA will need you to go to Gamestop or EBGames as always. And how are you getting a code from amazon ?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Seems most of the ways for Europe to get the Demo are to attend conventions, or buy magazines/have a subscription: Edit @ 09:10: They have also revealed details on the demo in Europe, coming in various areas on October 15th. The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. GAME Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.
    Edit @ 09:25: The Netherlands has announced that you can get the demo at their firstlook event on October 11th/12th, or at their autumn tour
    Edit @ 11:20: Italian details have been revealed. You can get the demo in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November., during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls), during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity & at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.
    Edit @ 11:33: If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th (Source: Serebii)

Thus far we also know Japan can get their's from Corocoro.
    I sure hope that it'll be easier in America. Like going to Gamestop to get the code.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You'll most likely get the code from Amazon is you pre-ordered. You may get an email and maybe it will give you a code, who knows.

That makes more sense then just sending out codes to everyone who has an Amazon account or an account with the other places :P Though they may want to use the demo to advertise to more people, I don't know. Either way I only need one code...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I knew it would be around mid October but I'll definitely be going down to my local GAME store on that day. (:

Edit -French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

Last edited:

Elite Four Lucian

Years
  • I knew it would be around mid October but I'll definitely be going down to my local GAME store on that day. (:

Edit -French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

Thank you Hoenn. I will add that to the OP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    And I wanted to just buy the game on eShop since I had to pre-order Smash Bros Wii U so I could have something to play meanwhile, just like I will do with Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life.

Lauren92

#pokemonforlife
    Years
  • Moreover usually demos do not have any funcionality that might enable you to send the demo save-data to an actual game. Let's say you train a Pokemon during the demo... then that's a Pokemon you know you're not getting back.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong please :)

Obviously I don't know for sure, but it seems like maybe they would let you use Pokemon Bank if that was the case?

I really hope I can say this as I am playing the demo,

"Holy S***! That Mega Milotic is Beautiful!"

Hmm, so I am hoping for an oceanic scenery for the mega reveal, but it seems like they would take this time to reveal a legendary pokemon, so perhaps you right about Deoxys, or even Jirachi in relation to the Space Center.

YES! Totally agree lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I hear anybody attending MCM Comic Con London next month can also get a code.

Years
  • I don't know if I like the fact that they're giving a demo out. Hopefully, it plays out in their favor and more buy the game because of it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Kinda annoying how they're not just putting it up on the e-shop. I wonder how the 'play every day' reward will work if everyone is getting it at slightly different times? Will it be everyday after release, or maybe even every day after the demo has been downloaded? Hopefully in the US/Australia the demo code will be available from Gamespot/EB, I don't wanna go to too much trouble just for a demo version.

Elite Four Lucian

Years
  • Well the Demo may have more in it then you think. They want to reward people who play it everyday right, it wouldnt make any sense unless they planned on having a pretty big chunk in the game for us all to play, otherwise that would make the whole "Play Everyday" Reward thing pointless.

Back