• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Years
  • So today I've started hearing things about a 'secret' adventure. No one really seems to know how to unlock it, but it exists, by the looks of this load of screenshots on Imgur. Anyone know anything about this? Or, has anyone unlocked this themselves...? It appears there's more to this demo than meets the eye... there's still the mystery of the reward for playing it every day, too!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So today I've started hearing things about a 'secret' adventure. No one really seems to know how to unlock it, but it exists, by the looks of this load of screenshots on Imgur. Anyone know anything about this? Or, has anyone unlocked this themselves...? It appears there's more to this demo than meets the eye... there's still the mystery of the reward for playing it every day, too!

I feel like the surprise is something related to the invisible blockade in front of Steven's house. Unless that was in the original games too? Never got a chance to play the originals.

Years
  • I feel like the surprise is something related to the invisible blockade in front of Steven's house. Unless that was in the original games too? Never got a chance to play the originals.
    The original games had invisible blockages in the form of Kecleons, but never in front of that house in Mossdeep (I don't think, anyway). You could be onto something!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    Not gonna lie if I were new to pokemon and I played this demo I would not be interested in picking up the game. This makes me bored to play as there is nothing really to do. It is just fight these 3 trainers or find this person. I am not saying the game is gonna be bad just the demo didn't show the good parts of pokemon.

Years
  • The original games had invisible blockages in the form of Kecleons, but never in front of that house in Mossdeep (I don't think, anyway). You could be onto something!

Considering all of the references to things within the game itself (the two guys in front of the PokeMart, the various Gym Leaders, the people looking for Shoal Salt, etc), it was probably just a reference to the Kecleons that appear in that way while also finding a way to prevent the player from entering Steven's house without using the same old 'it's locked' excuse they did with everything else.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Y'know, I haven't got my newsletter yet. :<

Dang, I'm so itching to play, and it's almost the 23rd in the US.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Haven't gotten an email for the demo code yet. :/ I'm just glad someone gave me their spare code. ^^

Anyway, the blabbering lady on the bottom screen was a nice feature, my little bro and I agreed on that. We also agreed that after a while, she turned into an annoying distraction. I wished the bottom screen would just simply go black DURING events! -,-

Ahem, anyway, I like how things are faster now: evolution, wild battles, player sending out his PKMN~ And the music was really so magical. <3

...but is there a way to start a new game? I let my brother play the demo first and I did not expect the game to save after the first mission. -,- I don't wanna be stuck with a Blaziken for the rest of the demo. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm just saying, and I'm not up to that point yet, but I don't think there's a point in using Glalie's Ice Fang and Frost Breath when Refrigerated Headbutts exist. 'Course, you can use either of them when Headbutt is running low on PP.

Years
  • I am not sure, I haven't visited over there in awhile, if I didn't is there a way to still get the code?

Nintendo announced a few other ways to get a code.

Speaking of codes, though, it looks like they aren't sending out anymore for now. From the Support Center:

Our service provider indicates that all Newsletter emails have been delivered. We're seeing a relatively large volume of tickets from Gmail users indicating that they have not received their newsletter. If you're a Gmail user, and this applies to you, we suggest that you try the following:
    On your desktop computer:

• If using the default view in Gmail, make sure you check the "Promotions" Tab
    • Use the search feature and type "Pokémon" (with or without the accented e) and click search
    On your mobile device:
    If using the Gmail app:

• Tap the mail icon in the upper left of the screen until the toolbar pops out, and then select "Promotions"
    • Use the search feature as outlined above if you're still unable to find the message
    If using another email client:

• Use the search feature as outlined above to find all mail with the word "Pokémon" in the message
    We also recommend that you check your junk email folders and again make sure that [email protected] has been added to your safe senders list.

...but is there a way to start a new game? I let my brother play the demo first and I did not expect the game to save after the first mission. -,- I don't wanna be stuck with a Blaziken for the rest of the demo. :/

Not without uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no (which should be possible- it shows up under Redownloadable Software in the eshop). Although you only use the one starter for the first mission of the demo. You use all three of them plus Glailie after that.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Not without uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no (which should be possible- it shows up under Redownloadable Software in the eshop). Although you only use the one starter for the first mission of the demo. You use all three of them plus Glailie after that.

Thank Arceus for that then! ^_^
    But...

Speaking of codes, though, it looks like they aren't sending out anymore for now. From the Support Center:

• If using the default view in Gmail, make sure you check the "Promotions" Tab

Nothing's on my Promotions tab, unfortunately. The last email on that tab that I got was from Nintendo with the email title "Settle it in Smash today!" ;_;

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Nintendo announced a few other ways to get a code.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

The date on that link says the week of the 31st though.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Hopefully we're able to switch the 'channel' of the bottom screen so we don't have to look at the very distracting lady news reporter (or something) all the time. I also still really miss being able to see the time in the bottom screen (time can really get away from me when I'm playing Pokemon, whoops).

So far though, I kinda enjoyed what little there was in the demo. Hearing the soundtrack made me all nostalgic and excited for the actual game.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    What if I wasn't signed up to receive the news letters?

I have no idea. I signed up but didn't get a demo code. :/
    But maybe you should sign up to receive newsletters now, so hopefully we can get one on the 31st.

Back