• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
  • the first one i played...i believe it was Shiny Gold.

though i have to admit, Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition ended up replacing it as my favorite. >.>'

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Mine was Pokemon Topaz which isn't a hack of the Pokemon games. That was when I was about 13, last year I was looking for an Emerald rom and found a link to Chaos Black. I tried it out but I didn't like it all that much. On the same site I found a bunch of hacks that had only the first town and starters edited until I found Shiny Gold beta 3.

Then I got to the Lighthouse and couldn't work out how to get in so I searched Shiny Gold and found myself at PC.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I dont remember the name of my first played hack. It had you start as a team rocket member, and work as team rocket. Then I played Shiny Gold beta 4 and 5, and really got into playing ROM Hacks.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I think the first one I actually played throughout was Emerald 386, which wasn't a big hack. Then it's probably Shiny Gold.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    ....Pokemon Sako....The one not suitable for 10 year old ppl and below...
    Found it from searching for Pokemon Dark Cry lol.
    Didn't know Dark Cry was a hacked version ......................-.-

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, the first hack I actually played was Pokemon Brown. And that's what got me into hacking.

At first I though hacking wasn't possible, and some of the videos on YouTube were just made using a video editing program....I was really dumb back then....

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    Hmm!

One of my friends had one of those bootleg quartz cartridges even though I didn't really know much about it. But, I messed around on it a bit and I knew he used it to trade with ruby and sapphire to make the console give flying moves to Kyogre (the two games have different types for certain pokemon) and then completely unrelated I found shiny gold on youtube and was transfixed but I couldn't work out how to get the game for a few months the I found WAH and then I completed shiny gold beta 4 :D so that was the first hack that brought me into rom hacking.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    The first i played was riegn of legends and i still cant complete it :P

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • My first hack is Strange Mario Bros. 1 for the NES. And Pokemon Brown is my first Pokemon hack I played. I joined PokeCommunity because not if I am a ROM-Hacker in general but I love to play Pokemon hacks as well. I love to hack Pokemon Fire-Red sometime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back