• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First there was Myspace, then there was Facebook, now, Twitter and Oovoo..

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • I want to make a google plus but it's in closed beta :'(
    It will kill Facebook, just like googles YouTube killed everything else. Googles blogger killed all opponents (cept twitter, which is kinda a blog thing) google killed yahoo and is killing bing.
    I hate googles ads on YouTube and stuff, but they're not as common as they were 2 months ago, so I think google is learning from mistakes.

Google is gonna have a social monopoly by 2013.

WordPress is hardly dead at the 18th most popular site. Not including WordPress blogs that don't use the wordpress.com domain. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's been a trend lately... Myspace > Facebook > Twitter > that other site I never even heard of. It's just how the people go with trends. I don't think it's going to stop. I'm sure in a few years or so, there's going to be another website that miiiight dethrone facebook...just a prediction.

Years
  • Do you guys realise that Facebook itself is not littered with Apps/Games. It's your friends that choose to post that rubbish. If you keep the right company, you won't have to put up with all of that. I think that all I see is the odd horoscope here or there.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Anyway, you can choose to ignore the stupid games. I think Facebook is going to be around for a while, but it depends on how much G+ takes off.​

Zet

Years
  • Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Anyway, you can choose to ignore the stupid games. I think Facebook is going to be around for a while, but it depends on how much G+ takes off.​
    Google+ has already a lot more hype than it's previous social networking, but then again I guess it's just because people want an alternative over Facebook.

(Also to anyone on PC, if you're in the Google+ beta, there's already an iphone/pad/touch app coming to the app store)

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Time for some statistics!~ :3

2009:
    AK-SN3.gif

AK-SN2.gif

Facebook: 133,623,529
    MySpace: 50,615,444
    Twitter: 23,573,178
    Linkedin: 15,475,890

http://www.b2bsocialmediaguide.com/category/social-stats/facebook-social-statistics/

http://www.b2bsocialmediaguide.com/category/social-stats/myspace-social-statistics/

http://www.b2bsocialmediaguide.com/category/social-stats/twitter-social-statistics/

Can't be bothered to paste the statistics

regimeen

Alt + F4 user
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    yeah i dont know, it still looks like twitter is only endorsed by celebrities and such and people that i talk to think that its still a joke of a social network.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Well Twitter does call itself 'microblogging', not a social network. It's really only part of a social network.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    So it looks like everyone on facebook is migrating to twitter and Oovoo, just like they did from Myspace to Facebook, will this "migration" of social networks ever stop?

Statistically Facebook is still far ahead of Twitter with active users and such. The rate at which facebook is getting users is slowing down....but it is still growing fast.

Back