• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Time for Everything

Years
  • I'm officially starting my first ever quest of soft-resetting for a shiny legendary (or any Pokemon for that matter) and I chose Reshiram in Omega Ruby. I figured this would be a good legendary to pick since it was locked in the other games it was available in: "Black" and "White 2". Since I'm on Winter Break between semesters at college, I figured I would give it a shot. Some words of encouragement are always appreciated as well as your own experiences/stories that you have to share about soft resetting for a shiny! Let me know!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It takes long enough to soft reset for ones with the correct IV spread! I Soft Reset for two weeks to get a Latias with 31/x/31/31/31/31 (and in that particular scenario, Synchronize works 100% of the time for that 1 pokemon, unlike all the other legendaries which are 50%, and even then I got 6 5IV variants within that time but none of them were the correct spread so I kept trying) so there's no way I will ever even try for a shiny, lol! But having said that, you very well could get it on your very first try, that's part of the fun, you never know what you'll end up with or when!

Years
  • Wow you had some real dedication to getting that perfect Latias haha that's awesome! I've only ever soft reset for natures before such as events and legendaries. I have a modest Gardevoir with Synchronize leading my party hoping for this shiny Reshiram, so only 50% chance for mine. I'm currently at 200 soft resets and I'm hoping i find it before 2000 SRs. That would make me VERY happy :)

Back