• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fite me 1v1 m8

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • What are your thoughts on fighting? Do you see it as good or bad? Reasons?

discuss below and all that, and I'll answer later on!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Not to get all D&D and all that, but I feel that in the end most of our society comes down to the idea of implied violence; laws are based on the idea that if you break them, you'll be physically forced to go to jail, and the reason weaker people is protect is the implied threat of bodily harm if a stronger person goes after them. Violence is a natural part of our lives as animals.

That being said, on a personal level violence is not something I enjoy seeing or participating in. I can acknowledge the reasoning behind it and refuse to condemn people that do it, but I'll still be afraid of violence and unwilling to watch or participate in it.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • In my family, fighting's always been thought of as a good thing. Great way of getting issues out into the open, stress relief haha. Also, my job kinda ensures that I see and participate in it quite often, so my opinion on it is mainly from external influences.

However, fighting for no good reason is something I frown upon, as it's just a waste of time.

also, fyeah 300 posts

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Sometimes people deserve to be/are just begging to be punched in the face. And then that punch in the face becomes someone remembering all of the other stupid ♥♥♥♥ someone has done and then boom fight. Fighting isn't necessarily good or bad, it can be funny sometimes though like when two skinny white girls try to fight each other and they're just like clawing at each others faces and trying to smack them and pull out their hair. Now black chicks fighting is intense and I do not want to be around that when it happens.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pain is a natural educator, being one of the most immediate ways to communicate without language. There's no morality I'd care to ascribe to violence, although as sapients we can and ought to be mindful of keeping it proportionate to its cause, as disproportionate violence is not healthy for individuals, demographics, nations, or humanity as a whole. Or... perhaps it is; I don't know. I'd say a lot of legal punishments have been and still are extremely disproportionate, but we maintain ostensibly orderly societies through them. And the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction allowed us to be here today... sorry, I'm getting to think of violence in cosmic terms; I hope you don't mind. The violence apparent in the universe suggests to me that life is a rather cheap... thing to be spent, almost, as much at odds with our self-awareness as that may be. Given that, of what consequence is a fight between two people? None at all, really. Go ahead and fight —I'm not worried— just don't involve me, as I haven't anything to prove.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My thoughts on fighting can basically be summed up with: "He who does not understand words must be persuaded by force".

Also, fighting/violence, whether people like it or not, is a necessary part of life.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Physical violence solves very few problems, and heated verbal arguments are not nearly as effective as sitting down and thoroughly discussing problems by seeing both sides of the argument. As cliche as that sounds, that's the only way I see arguments being settled. Yelling and pitching fits does nothing but further anger both sides and throw whatever order there might have been straight out the window.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    idk if it's the girl in me or I'm just too passive aggressive, but I just don't get fighting. I don't get amped to fight anyone ever or really ever feel the need to fight someone. I guess I'm more likely to be that person you piss off and I go out of my way to find out where you live and slash your tires in the middle of the night, granted you would of had to beyond pissed me off. Hey maybe that's just as bad or worse, but it's the only form of violence I understand or have ever done.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I see it as a way to learn from past mistakes, as who wants to get hurt? :p

Getting into a fight and getting hurt, your mind would probably tell you to lay off starting them/getting into them, so you would back off a bit. At least, that's what I do. Fighting's both a blessing and a curse.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • A little pain never hurt anyone.

Fighting is something man has done since the day we first learned to hate each other. It shows who's the strongest, but not necessarily the best. I honestly like a good fist fight every now and then. A nice, clean, FIST fight. No kicking, no nut shots.

The only downside to fighting, is the insane reasons people of today's world find to fight over. I think that the human race is built for fighting. We do our best to keep people from fighting, but in the end, all it does is make us want to fight more and more.

Years
  • I don't like to fight with people, but sometimes it ends up coming on me over stupid things. It doesn't often get to levels of physical confrontation, but it's still not fun when I have to put up with it at all.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm more of the verbal abuser(as in I literally make them cry with my words)than the fist fighter but when it comes to that I won't back down. :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I hate conflicts, physical and emotional. Even when I'm not involved, and most of the time I'm not, I get the shakes. My body will rattle itself. Fights between parents or between peers are the worst for me.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • in my opinion, fighting is perfectly natural. we're just more evolved forms of cavemen, so yeah, of course we will eventually slug someone. if it's just smashing someone to the ground for no good reason, or something so shallow and pathetic as stealing a packet of biscuits then i'll scoff upon it and seek revenge to stop that abusive system.

and cops are supposed to stop this, but they're just a part of the beating-people-to-death-for-no-reason cause. (don't ask, bad experience with cops)

however, if it's just in self defense, then sure, break their face in two. cx

Years
  • Fighting is the last resort when all intelligent reasoning has gone out the window. I find it a primitive method of asserting dominance and now because of this I feel I am superior to those who would willingly fight me; they obviously feel threatened by me. I'm definitely more into talking my way out of a conflict, or more accurately redirecting the conflict towards something/someone else.

Unless we're fighting for sport, in which case it's not for me but I'm not going to stop you from enjoying yourself.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I do not really like to fight with anyone but sometimes I have to fight.
    I think fighting is stupid because someone will get hurt and that is never nice thing to happen.

Years
  • Sparring in a controlled environment is the best stress reliever for me. But if we're talking about spontaneous fighting, then that's usually something I try and avoid. That being said, I can certainly get my hands bloody if need be. Some people say that violence is never the answer and in the idealistic world, perhaps that would be true. But we do not live in an ideal world. The world we live in, aims to reward the weak and punish the powerful which is not the natural order of things, but I suppose it is a necessity in order to prevent society falling into chaos.

"Your argument is meaningless when I am squeezing the life out of you."

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I hate confrontation of any kind, whether it's myself against someone else, or seeing my friends fighting between themselves/with other people.

Personally, I don't like fighting because i'm a small guy (5'3" on a good day and probably somewhere between 110-120lbs), and I know pretty much anyone could take me. I never got in fights at school and somehow i've managed to avoid any whenever i've been out drinking. I've been out with friends when they've been involved in fights, though, and it isn't a nice thing to see.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • fight fight fight kiss kiss

I think fighting is stupid. But unfortunately, that urge to fight in some situations is just human nature. Do I see reasons why fighting may be the best course of action sometimes? Of course, there comes a point in time where you can't get a point across through just words, and sometimes actions speak louder than words. I don't see fighting as something good, but something more akin to a necessary evil.

Also, the high school I went to had a bunch of guys that would always start fights every day just for the fun of it. I can see fighting as a form of stress relieving, but for the sake of fun? That's a weird way to get your jollies out of.

Back