• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Things You'd Want Pokémon to Do that they Probably Never Will

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    1. Make a game with at least an one other region to explore, after defeating the Elite Four/Champion. Or at least give us something more substantial to do for the post-gameplay.

2. Move away from the same old formula of defeating the eight Gym Leaders and Elite Four/Champion

3. Retire Ash as the main protagonist of the anime and replace him. I haven't even watched the anime since I was 11, yet it annoys me that after 18 years, I still see that they're using Ash and claiming he hasn't aged past 10. This one can be accomplished by either killing Ash in a fiery explosion (unlikely) or time-skipping ahead to the point where Ash is married to any one of the many female companions he's had (or to more than one of them ;):P) and has his own kid and then have that kid take over as the main protagonist (more unlikely).

4. Make gyms that aren't based on type

5. Instead of having the Pokémon League be just you defeating the Elite Four/Champion, make it into an actual competition between players. Have it be a tournament between willing participants that can battle each other over wi-fi, or have the player face computerized, pre-programed trainers.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I'll probably add on to this.

6. Mega Evos on Pokemon that we want to have a mega evo on.

7. Making a region an open world environment. Like having virtual reality.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    To make things clearer for everyone: What five things would YOU want Pokémon to do, but they probably never will?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm going to assume that you're talking about everything: the Pokemon, the anime, games, cards, characters, etc.

1.) Reveal Ash's dad

2.) Let us customize our characters more

3.) Have Team Rocket return in a Gen VII game

4.) Have Snorlax learn fly (it could in Pokemon Stadium apparently)

5.) Create an official MMO type of game

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    1. I'd also like to see them reveal Ash's dad, I kept on wondering it a lot when I was a child.
    2. Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost Ninetales
    3. Have all Ash's previous travelling companions meet up
    4. Also a more diverse movepool for Ninetales
    5. Porygon and evolutions in the anime

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • 1. Allow us to make our custom moves. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion let you make your own spells, a feature I liked reading about a lot considering I don't have the game. It blends skill and costs and creates a spell of varying types. If implemented in the games, we could have moves of varying types, base power, PP and distribution.

2. I'd personally like to see more customisation options in relation to player characters. No, not more presets, I mean full on player-input customisations. It's your character, you should be able to specify everything about him or her. Again, like Elder Scrolls - that game allowed a fair bit of customisation. Not too little, but not too much, either.

3. I second the idea of Ash being replaced, but who with? Red from Origins. Besides the fact that he has Naruto's Japanese voice actor (which I like a lot), I find Red to be a better protagonist. The kid actually gets things done, unlike Ash who loses where the battle means everything all the time. I really liked how Origins was made, it's a shame that it was a one-off.

4. The return of an old evil team (i.e. Rocket, Aqua/Magma) in the games/anime. The latter especially, considering OR/AS' release, should make a resurgence. I'm done with those two odd-coloured-hair idiots roaming around and stalking Ash, I think we should bring back some real villains. d:

5. Online-related Pokemon League battles. By that, I mean make the Elite Four + Champion battles based on your friends! Based on their teams from battles you've had with them, you can battle your friends in place of the original E4/Champion. Wi-Fi is already a strong force being used by Game Freak, why not use it to an even greater advantage?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    1) Make a game with more regions with a lot of sidequests to do post-game. A quest-based game (Like WoW) after the E4 would be great.
    2) Make it possible to catch all Pokemon in one game, without trading and event-based legendaries.
    3) Change the battle system to a more... active style. Imagine battling like in Super Smash Bros, where the special attacks are the attacks the Pokemon knows. That'd be so awesome.

Well, that's it, I currently don't have any more wishes for the games.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    1: Make all Pokemon obtainable without trading, hacking, or limited-time events
    2: Allow the player to deviate from the standard "beat all gyms" formula, and become a Pokemon Breeder, evil team member, etc. instead
    3: Lots of sidequests, before and after the Pokemon League
    4: Have your Pokemon actually talk
    5: Type altering of some Pokemon (Electric/Dark Luxray, Grass/Fairy Lilligant, etc.)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    • Either start downgrading event exclusives to normal legendary Pokémon, or remove them from the National Pokédex. What we have right now really feels like GF is trolling people who can't attend events.
    • More differences between versions. For instance, a story that starts exactly the same way in both versions, but diverges completely by the end.
    • One more when it comes to differences between versions: why not use the already existing 700+ Pokémon to have completely different faunas, instead of just the 10-12 version exclusives?
    • Bring back the key system from B2/W2 and make it a standard.
    • Let Pokémon forget HMs. With HMs now permanently in the Player's bag, they only have to forbid the player to trade from their team, and the question of "what happens if the player gets stranded somewhere and doesn't have the necessary HM move to get out" becomes completely moot.

Last edited:

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • 1. Let us play the antagonistic side.

2. Let Pokemon forget HMs.

3. Deviate from typical game formula.

4. Have sky routes that are accessible via Fly, much like Dive routes.

5. Be able to travel on lava/fiery terrain using Fire pokemon. I don't care if it's a HM or not but I believe that my Rapidash can carry me across lava and back.

Years
  • 1. Retire Grass Ketchup as the main char
    2. Make event Pokemon actually obtainable in the games
    3. NO MORE VERSION-EXCLUSIVE STUFF
    4. Let Pokemon forget HM's
    5. Make all Pokemon obtainable without those dumb events

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • must...resist...crushing...hopes...and...dreams...

1) Let Pokémon forget HMs on the spot
    2) Try a little harder on the story? Nothing super indepth (that's possible though) but something like BW?
    3) god please no new mega evos in OR/AS PLEASE :(

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
  • About games:
    1. Increase the moveset limit from 4 to 6 or more or even infinite. (Make these programmer play battle pets first before they make a game.)
    2. Physical attributes must given a look into. (I've made a thread dedicated to this very purpose in Pokemon General forum already: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324857)
    3. Status moves do not need types. I don't see any sense in giving type to certain moves such as iron defense, sing, growl, roar etc. These are basic abilities of any living creature and do no need typecasting.
    4. Be more sensible. The concept of PP doesn't make sense. (Again for details refer to the refer to the thread link above.)
    5. They should keep in mind an anime is being made on the game every time it is launched. The story should be designed so that syncing with anime would be easy. (This they should have done since lauch of gen ii games itself. Now it is too late.)
    6. Most important of all. WHY ISN'T THERE A OFFICIAL 3D CONSOLE GAME ON POKEMON???

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    1. Remove trade evolutions

2. Remove IVs and natures

3. More detailed character customisation

4. An evolution of Ariados

5. A Normal/Ghost type pokemon

but mostly the first three.

Years
  • 1. POKESUPE (a.k.a. Pokemon Adventures) ANIME PLEASE KTHNXBAI.

2. The ability to choose what path you follow in a main game rather than make your goal getting all eight badges and becoming Champion of the region. If you wanna be a Coordinator, you can do so. If you wanna be part of the evil organization, go right ahead. Obviously the paths you can take would be limited, but it's better than having one set path.

3. A Pokemon game where you can travel to all the main revealed regions + Orre.

4. Be able to ride your own Pokemon, and depending on the Pokemon you're riding on, you'll be able to access certain areas you couldn't on foot or on other Pokemon.

5. Have gyms and the Pokemon League specialize in something other than types, such as a certain battle style or theme or something that makes them more challenging :<

Years
  • The only thing really coming to mind right now is an open world MMORPG version that would let your character travel a large new region (in each server or something I guess) potentially opening a gym or something in said world would be cool too.

I'm sure I'll think of more, I'll edit them in later.

Years
  • 1. A Pokemon contest where people can draw Pokemon for the new Pokemon game and 151 of the best will be picked as the next gen's Pokemon.I can dream.

2.A Pokemon center shop in the UK.

3.Alomomola becoming Luvdiscs evolution (It would of made a decent evo to quite a weak pokemon)

4.All non event Pokemon being able to caught in one region,making completing the pokedex less of a pain.

5.A Pokemon game where you can control the Pokemon within an arena of sorts.Kinda like battles in the anime so you can make your Pokemon dodge moves,ones that can fly can have battles in the sky,etc etc.This may have a possibility of happening one day though,I like to hope.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    ... learning more than 4 moves
    (The world has a collective gasp and millions of people's heads explode from trying to wrap their heads around the thought of 5 moves)

Back