• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fix a Shiny Pokémon

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • Well, I could have made a "least favourite Shiny" thread, but I didn't feel like being a buzzkill. Instead, I made this for you to post ideas on how you would fix a Shiny Pokémon you think is not all that great - or even one that has potential, but never actually reached it.

You can post sprite/Photoshop edits if you wish, so that we have an idea of what it would look like. The sky's the limit!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have been, and will continue to be in love with Shiny Ninetales! The Alolan version was lovely, too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'd change Shiny Ursaring to a much darker green so it looks less radioactive. And I'd maybe change Tauros's shiny entirely. Maybe make it a shade of blue since its current shiny color makes it look so ill. I'd change it in a heartbeat, if I could.

I'm not going to open photoshop and do recolors, I'm way too lazy.

Years
  • Make shiny Espeon a good pink or even a nicer shade of green, would have looked a lot better than that terrible green shade it has now. Dragonite would have looked lovely if it retained the same color as its pre-evolutions too. @_@ Oh, and I would have loved it if shiny Growlithe and Arcanine could have been white instead of that yellow tbh. Snow puppy would be cute ❤️

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • MAKE (BASE-FORM) NECROZMA WHITE Seriously, wouldn't that be so much cooler than the random dark blue?!
    Also, while we're at it, make shiny Cosmog red like its evolutions.

On a similar note, I'd also change Arceus - I feel that the neutral color scheme aside from the ring, etc. was designed so it would go with any colors when you changed the type, and the yellow just completely throws that off and also reminds me of scrambled eggs. I'd just switch the white parts of the body and the grey parts.

Appletun's shiny is just not at all striking, Flapple's is a bit better but still sorta just blends into a blur of green, so I'd keep the green apple thing but make their bodies red. Maybe Applin as well. (I'm realizing as I write this post just how much I like inverted shinies.)

I'd have Blissey, Typhlosion and Haxorus keep the same color scheme as Chansey, Cyndaquil/Quilava and Fraxure (with the blue accents) respectively.

I don't hate Houndour and Houndoom's shiny forms, but I'd prefer dark red.

This is a common one, but: autumn-colored Leafeon instead of the barely tinged form we have now.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Spoiler:

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I will go with the eeveelutions since i love them lol
    i will start with probably the one that most people hate... Espeon.
    i feel like Espeon would work nice with either an soft shade of pink or an dark blue, im talking like Tangela type of dark blue.
    moving on to Glaceon and Leafeon,
    for Glaceon, i think some light purple color would work, and for Leafeon, i will play safe and go with a brown-ish color because of fall, or even the Glaceon shade of light blue because of the winter, both would work well lol
    I feel like an blue Flareon would work, especially because blue fire, that is also found on mega-charizard X
    i like Sylveon shiny, so its not really a fix, but if i had to change it, i feel like either purple or red would work for it.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'd fix many shiny Pokémon that were that ugly green color in early generation games, such as Machamp and Ursaring. I think shiny Machamp would look better red with a shinier black and gold belt. As for Ursaring, I would make its fur black as a reference to black bears and the ring on its tummy a shiny glowing brown.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Fix a Shiny Pokémon

I second shiny Dragonite. We could have had a big pink/purple cutie pie like in this picture:
    Spoiler:

Fix a Shiny Pokémon
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon

Shiny Zapdos is so unloved. There is barely a difference. It would be a really cool shiny if its colors were inverted. I'd be happy with just a darker orange to mirror its Galarian form. A nice sunset-y orange would make shiny hunting for it much more rewarding.
    Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Make Pikachu a little darker. Maybe Raichu's colors. I think Pikachu has an awful shiny. It should stand out a bit better.

Leafeon needs a huge revision. Maybe her body can become a shade of green and her leaves can be a golden color.

Glaceon, as well. How about making it a dark shade of blue.

Cosmog: change it to purple. It can be a cool cosmic purple. Face can stay black, though.

Kubfu: maybe make it a darker shade of grey, at least. So more changes than just its mouth.

Elgyem is supposed to be "a little green man" LGM. Give it a green shiny.

...Komala doesn't change at all. Maybe it can be brown in a revised shiny.

Bulbasaur should revert its colors back to the sprite era. Its current shiny & normal version are too hard to differentiate.

That's it. I can't think of any others I'd fix. x_x

Huh... Wait. Have I posted in here before?
    Alright. My point still stands.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Just make gengar white lmao.
    Charizard x should copy Charizard.
    Make Rapidash have blue fire.
    Make Macargo Grey.
    Make espion Light Blue.
    Make Mewtwo Black with a darker green tail. Trust me it'd look sick.
    Make Ho-oh rainbow.
    Make Garchomp Pink, It'd be funny.
    Make Nidoqueen look like nidoking.
    Honestly just change crobat. It's not hard.
    Make Pikachu different.
    Make togepi different.
    Make Lucario Red.
    MAKE BUTTERFREE PINK.

Years
  • Pretty quick edits, but basically:

Make Espeon yellow/Golden. Anything would be better than that irradiated green though.
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon

Make Glaceon Blue or potentially purple. Just make it stand out more.
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon
    Fix a Shiny Pokémon

Attachments

• Fix a Shiny Pokémon
      196.png
      26 KB · Views: 31
    • Fix a Shiny Pokémon
      471-s.png
      31.6 KB · Views: 31
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Reshiram and Zekrom's shinies should each be the opposite's colour, it would fit perfectly with the themes of Black and White.

Coalossal's in-game G-Max sprite could show the shiny off more effectively. In HOME it looks pretty good, but in a battle you can barely tell.

Mewtwo's shiny should keep the dark purple, but the lighter pink parts should be blue just like Mew. I'm not sure if that would actually look good but I like my principle behind it.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Make it so that Komala and the Tinkatink line actually change color, and not just their equipment. Seriously, who at Game Freak decided that would be the only change?

I'd fix a lot of Scarlet and Violet's shinies, but to be honest, considering how they've removed most indicators that you've come across a shiny, I'm willing to bet that these shinies were made to be that way on purpose (Paldean Tauros and Flamigo seem specifically tailor-made to troll you).

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    For some reason I've probably seen shiny Abra the most, which still means like twice. Shiny Abra is pale yellow with pale brown shoulder pads. I guess I would make it white, or maybe pink. And instead of the brown shoulder pads, they would probably be yellow or something.

Mystiqo

Meowstics are cool
    Years
  • Minccino and Cinccino: Naturally a bunch of clean freaks.

Shiny form: The rare outliers
    Spoiler:

Back