• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Follow Me

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    As you all know, In the game Hg and SS there is a feature in which the Pokemon who is placed first in your party list follows you around. so as the thread title says, which Pokemon do you like the most following you in term of design. I like Pidgeot the most cause when its following me it looks like its flying behind me. :)

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Hmm, TOTODILE ! my favorite. I really loved that cutie honey pie :3 i have to agree Totodile was awesome in everything. But when it grew to crocnow and Freligator i just stopped taking him out with me, It feels kinda weird to me to hangout with a Big giant monster! ;3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I miss the feature so much it's unbelievable. I am so cut it wasn't included in the games following HGSS. I don't really have a favorite Pokemon to walk around with...maybe Ho oh and Lugia considering how huge they were haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yup, it was definitely a nice touch. Although it's understandable that our Pokémon are meant to remain in their PokéBalls and whatnot, I don't believe it would precisely hurt to have at least one member of your party out on the field following you behind. It's rather cute, actually! It sucks to see that the feature did not make it into future games.

Years
    I wish this was included in the following generations.
    Luckily I am playing SS for 3 months now, and it's a really fun feature. Makes the game more personal. Its like you're having a friend follow you around.

I like to have any of my Pokemon follow me (in my signature are the one I am using in SS), but I would probably go with Umbreon. It's an equivalent of Ash's Pikachu.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    Totodile was my favorite until I got Umbreon in my party. Now Umbreon is always first in my party to follow me around

I wish this was included in the following generations.
    Luckily I am playing SS for 3 months now, and it's a really fun feature. Makes the game more personal. Its like you're having a friend follow you around.

I hope they do implement this again in a future game for the same reasons. Pokemon Amie + your pokemon following you would be amazing.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I loved the follow me feature. It really added a connection between the trainer and their pokemon so I was sad when they didn't add it to the future games. but what can you do :(

I used to always have my Arcanine follow me seeing as it was my favourite pokemon and it was basically the same as walking a dog. :D

Years
    Totodile was my favorite until I got Umbreon in my party. Now Umbreon is always first in my party to follow me around

I hope they do implement this again in a future game for the same reasons. Pokemon Amie + your pokemon following you would be amazing.

I havent played the recent games yet but I can imagine Pokemon Amie being a good substitute for pokemon following. But as you said, both of it would definitely be a win.

Years
    I really enjoyed this feature in HG/SS so I can understand some people feeling sad it never appeared in any future games again. My fave Pokemon that I liked having follow me around would probably have to be my beloved Miltank, who's a strong performer in the Pokeathlon's Stamina course.

Years
    I loved this feature soooo much. Seeing my adorable pokemon follow me around was awesome. My favorite pokemon to have follow me around was Kingler. He always walks sideways which I found hillarious.

Years
    I don't rely have a favorite pokemon follower, as my training involves switching the line up to have the weakest ones first.

However, I am amazed that the bridges there can handle my Snorlax.XD

Last edited:
    Back