• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FR LG Monospecies Challange

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    you know what? I am up for a real challenge, give me weedle

something tells me I am going to be in for a very long game due to beedrill's lack of many powerful moves(and most that are I'll only get 1 TM of so 1 to each with those decent moves) but, should be interesting

okay, started my game, naming my character BEEKEEP. I picked squirtle as he seemed a good HM slave choice then beat my rival in the first battle. I then avoided all fights to and from getting the pokedex and went straight to viridian forest. Inside, I caught all six of my weedles, named them Blk N Dkr, Beedril5er, Buzzbomber, Buzzer, Wiggler, and the last one I did not nickname, I then got all to level 5 and went to bed for the night, I am resuming today. I plan to train all six till I make my first HM slave, then bump off whomever has the lowest stats overall(unless that one also has highest sp. att. as I am gonna teach solar beam to one later on) and repeat with my second HM slave later on, to weed out the stronger ones, as my low movepool is gonna be somewhat of a hindrance

next update: I evolved them all into Kakuna, then beat my way through viridian forest, took on the trainer in brock's gym, then saved and challenged Brock. Lost very badly so reloaded to keep the money and went to evolve them all into Beedrill, did it and came back and rechallenged Brock, just BARELY won, I have to admit I got very lucky there at the end, but, regardless, first gym leader is down, now on to mount moon

third update(sorry for all this, but do not wanna multipost): wow, that was scary, I limped out of mount moon with one beedrill with 1 HP left(I forgot to write down who it was), I got so close to losing, and as I played in there, the horror of this challenge set in, not only is beedrill's movepool tiny, its stats are equally terrible, regardless, I fought my rival, down nugget bridge and to bill's with heals along the way, then went and cleared the two trainers from Misty's gym before trying her. Saved and tried and got thoroughly trounced by her starmie, levelled up all of my beedrill to 16 and tried again and again got crushed. Looks like I better settle in for some heavy training to take her down, I am thinking probably 20 so I can get twinneedle

final update of the night: all are between 22 and 23 now save for the un nicknamed one who was weakest so was dropped for my first hm slave, at the moment an oddish, I beat misty badly at level 20 with twinneedle, which has made a HUGE difference in the effectiveness of my team, cleared the ss anne and beat lt. surge without too much trouble, also taught brick break to beedril5er as he is turning out to have by a decent margin the best stats on my team, up next rock tunnel, then celadon shopping spree, brick break and hyper beam for all

Alright, a new day and a new update:
    Made it through the rock tunnel, once again only had one living pokemon(not counting my hm slave), really need to learn to turn back to heal, as I keep using fairly valuable items just to survive, although, I suppose it is not all bad, said valuable items really just tend to get never used cause they are always saved for emergencies anyway, regardless, taught all of the beedrill brick break and hyper beam, then bumped out buzzer because while overall not terrible, buzzer's horrendously low attack made it fairly useless, I then beat erica, and, since I finally have my four guys, I'll do the level/nature/moves thing, have been holding off because I am the only one posting and my post is already enormous anyway :P(in case anyone is wondering how I am moving so fast, using an emulator, no cheats, just that you can hold space bar to make it run faster)

Party:
    Beedrill(Blk N Dkr)
    LV.29 (F)
    Jolly
    -Hyper Beam
    -Brick Break
    -Fury Attack
    -Twineedle

Beedrill(Buzzbomber)
    LV.30 (F)
    Gentle
    -Hyper Beam
    -Brick Break
    -Pursuit
    -Twineedle

Beedrill(Beedril5er)
    LV.29 (F)
    Docile
    -Hyper Beam
    -Brick Break
    -Fury Attack
    -Twineedle

Beedrill(Wiggler)
    LV.30 (F)
    Serious
    -Hyper Beam
    -Brick Break
    -Pursuit
    -Twineedle

HMslaves:
    Farfetch'd(Ch'Ding)
    -Cut, Fly
    Squirtle

Update: Alright, fought my way through the game corner and the tower, pursuit has served me well. Then I went to fuscia to try to take on Koga and first went to the safari zone and got the HMs. Then went and cleared the gym other than koga before healing and returning and saving right next to him. then I tried 10 times before giving up due to his infinite hyper potions making it so that every time I almost won, he healed his muk or weezing(depending on whether or not I beat the muk), I instead went back to saffron, beat silph co, then sabrina's gym, then with the levels was able to come back and beat Koga, though even then just barely, darn hyper potions, ahh well, on to cinabar next

Next Update: Got through the mansion and cinnabar gym without TOO much trouble, then the hell of catching the birds for pokedex data, and also so I could use Zapdos as an HM slave, beat viridian gym and my rival, this time it actually gave me a little trouble and things looked hairy for a bit, but I pulled it off, now am going through victory road, then to level grind for the elite four

Edit: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I accidently deleted my save, all the progress in the game is gone, back to square one X3

Last edited:

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    New Update:
    Beat Erika (it was a little tough, because she got off a Stun Spore early, but Imbris was bulky enough to take her down).
    Dismantled the Team Rocket base and got Silph Scope.
    Headed for Lavender town to take on the tower.

Party:
    Blastoise (Imbris)
    LV.49 (m)
    Sassy
    -Tackle
    -Water Gun
    -Rapid Spin
    -Bite

(HM slaves)
    Rattata (Cut)
    Pidgy

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    im up for a crazy challenge
    give me PARAS
    EDIT: im in for a real headache, i hate paras
    never have i even LEVED one

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Okay my first and probably only update (meaning i will just edit this one)

To start i out i made Bugkeep and my rival OMNED (lol i spelled owned wrong)
    I choose charmande and owned OMNED.
    I proceded onward to the next town (can't remember name) with no battles and deliverd OAK his package (almost put pancake lol) and went through viridian forest accidentaly battling one trainer and battleing the one at the end. I reach Pewter City and soon realize i need to beat brock to proceed.
    I train my charmander which i forgot to mention i named him HMSLAVE to level 10 and decided to try the Gym. I spammed Ember on the first guy and beat him (surpirzingly) and lvl HMSLAVE to lvl 12. then went to get heals at the PC.
    I did that and battled brock and leveled to 13 getting Metal Claw and renewed hope (thought you got it at lvl 14) it soon passed as i used it once then got OHKOed by his rock tomb. My next try i was level 13 (i mean HMSLAVE was) and owned his GeoDude and started on his Onix, this was really wierd because it only hit me once out of the 6-10 times it attacked, but anyway i got the badge and posted this.

Umm... i updated it but it didn't save my post!
    and i lost my game and haven't had time to look for it so ill update again when i find it and get to play it

Last edited:

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Next update:
    Completed Pokemon Tower.
    Woke up and caught Snorlax (for the Dex data and HM slave).
    Fought my way to Fuchsia city.
    Went into the Safari Zone to get the HM, and caught several Pokemon for data.
    Beat Koga.
    Picked up the Fly HM and Tea, since I forgot to pick them up before.
    Headed to Saffron city.

Party:
    Blastoise (Imbris)
    LV.63 (m)
    Sassy
    -Tackle
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Bite

(HM slaves)
    Rattata (Cut)
    Pidgy (Fly)
    Snorlax (Strength)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    okay... i cant edit posts on my psp and cant get on the computer so, sorry for spelling errors

*caught 5 paras
    *trained them some
    *my team
    CrabApple lv 8 paras(F)
    Shelia lv 11 paras(F)
    Periwinkle lv 12 (M) Paras
    Wizzle lv 11 Male paras
    Paradude lv 9 paras (M)
    *continueing (err cant spell) to train

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Big update:
    Beat Team Rocket.
    Got Lapras and the Masterball.
    Beat Sabrina.
    Headed to Cinnabar.
    Got through the Pokemon Mansion (and caught a Ditto for future breeding).
    Destroyed Blaine.
    Beat Giovanni.
    Got through Victory Road.
    I'm now going to level up Blastoise some before taking on the E4 for the first time.

Party:
    Blastoise (Imbris)
    LV.78 (m)
    Sassy
    -Tackle
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Bite

(HM slaves)
    Rattata (Cut)
    Pidgy (Fly)
    Snorlax (Strength)

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Update:
    Well, I managed to beat the E4, so now I'm catching/evolving more Pokemon, so I can continue.
    I've got about 44 Pokemon, so it shouldn't take much longer.

Party:
    Blastoise (Imbris)
    LV.82 (m)
    Sassy
    -Tackle
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Bite

(HM slaves)
    Rattata (Cut)
    Pidgey (Fly)
    Snorlax (Strength)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hey all sorry for not updating, and im currently going to suspend all challenges that I'm doing, i got pokemon Blue for Christmas and Red is coming soon.
    I really want to beat them soon.
    I hope you understand.
    Rizyq

Ps I'll let others take my challenge for now if thats okay with you guys.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Update #1

Sorry I started before you accepted me, but I am really bored.

-Picked Squirtle as my Starter
    -Got my Pokedex
    -Caught Pidgey
    -Trained it to level 9
    -Went to Route 22 and beat Gary
    -Old man showed me how to catch a weedle
    -Saved at the entrance to Viridian Forest.

Pidgey (Lvl 10)
    Mild Nature
    Tackle
    Sand Attack
    Gust
    ----

Squirtle(Lvl 6)
    HM SLAVE
    What are you monospeciesing with, because pidgey is already taken???

I think I'll do this with Nidoran. 3 kings and 3 queens in the end ( I hope ).

Uhh, no, only one species, either Nidoran Male, or Nidoran Female, oh and there currently being played so wait your turn please.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Update: Got 60 Pokemon.
    Got National Dex.
    Got Rainbow Pass.
    Bred the rest of my team.
    I'm now leveling up/completing the Sevii Island quest so I can battle the E4 a second time.

Party:
    Blastoise (Imbris)
    LV.83 (m)
    Sassy
    -Tackle
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Bite

Wartortle (Pontus)
    LV.32 (m)
    Mild
    -Tackle