• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequent Flyers: Flying-Type Pokemon Fan Club

Which is you FAVORITE new Flying-Type Pokemon?

• [IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/Mat_the_Werewolf/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20sprite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
Years
  • Username: Tomandgreen
    Partener: Charizard! Flying starter bro.
    Least Favorite Flyer: uggg, woobat and swoobat are so ugly. I also dislike emolga. Annoying.

My fav flying move must be Fly. Useful, powerful, and unique since it can cancel the opponents next attack. I'm doing a flying type UMC, :). Pideot, Charizard, Crobat is current team.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Since this thread hasn't had much activity... I'm just gonna post something that I thought of that relates to the flying types.

As some of us were reminded of in the Normal Pokemon fan club, there is only one pure flying type, Tornadus. There are also several Normal/Flying types and the non-normal flyers have some sort of elemental niche. Lastly we have the expression that birds are "rats with wings." Could the definition of a flying type be... anything able to fly/float with wings and the few rare "wind element" Pokemon? This could cover just about every flying type.

What do you people think classifies a Flying type Pokemon as a Flying type Pokemon?

Btw... I love birds -.- I'd never call them "rats with wings."

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
  • What do you people think classifies a Flying type Pokemon as a Flying type Pokemon?

Btw... I love birds -.- I'd never call them "rats with wings."

^Ikr!

Anyways, as I said in the normal-type group, nearly all Normal/Flyings should be changed to just flying, With some exceptions:

- Starpator, Rufflet, and Bravairy: Flying/Fighting
    - Togetic/Togekiss should stay Normal/Flying due to their pre-evo, Togepi.

Anyways, that question...
    A flying type is any Pokemon that can, well, fly or glide with wings, or, like Tornadus, control the wind. (I might even say that Whimsicott could be a flying type) It is NOT one that levitates/flies with psychic power (Elgyem, Lunatone, Jirachi, etc.).

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
  • The definition of a flying type pokemon? Hm.... the flying part would be the wind, the sky, and creatures of it's domain, and then a mix of the other type. So tornadus is pure flying because he IS the wind. No mix ins at all. Braviary can fly in the sky, but thats NORMAL, he's a bird. Xatu flys and predicts things, like a PSYKICK (I know thats the wrong spelling, I dont know the correct one) FLYING POKEMON! Make sense? If any other pokemon embody the sky, and don't just live it, they to will be pure flying. Makes sense, right?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • The definition of a flying type pokemon? Hm.... the flying part would be the wind, the sky, and creatures of it's domain, and then a mix of the other type. So tornadus is pure flying because he IS the wind. No mix ins at all. Braviary can fly in the sky, but thats NORMAL, he's a bird. Xatu flys and predicts things, like a PSYKICK (I know thats the wrong spelling, I dont know the correct one) FLYING POKEMON! Make sense? If any other pokemon embody the sky, and don't just live it, they to will be pure flying. Makes sense, right?

But you have to admit that you could say the same for many other pokemon.

Pikachu is a pure electric pokemon, even though it is a rodent like rattata.
    Ninetales is a pure fire pokemon, even though is just a fox.

You could say this for almost every pokemon.

NEW UPDATES (FINALLY)

- We have three more members
    - The poll is soon ending with Braviary with a huge lead!
    - New questions

What would you guys like to poll next?

Imagine if you were designing a pokemon for gamefreak, and they asked you to create a pure-flying type pokemon. What would your concept be?

Sorry about the delay in updates!
    Enjoy your flight!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Imagine if you were designing a pokemon for gamefreak, and they asked you to create a pure-flying type pokemon. What would your concept be?

Here's my idea for a pure Flying-type: It would be somewhat based on a phoenix, a fiery bird. But, in place of the fiery designs, it would be wind and/or clouds. Obviously, this would be a legendary, somewhat of an essence of wind.

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
  • Pure flyer ehh? I'd go with a Latiku-like mon who sits on a cloud, or maybe he is connected to the cloud some-how, Named cyclomulus, after cyclones and cumuluses, both wind and cloud related things. Legendary? Hm... Nah, just a pokemon found later in the game, maybe high up on a mountain? it'd have a pre-evo who is smaller and rides a less developed cloud, maybe a breeze even. Named Dewnimbus, it'd evolve at around level 38.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    - Username - BinaryPeaches
    - Your Partner - OH GOD THIS IS HARD uh... Togekiss because I think I had that in the other Flying club before it died.
    - Least Favorite flying-type - THIS IS HARD TOO. Can I get back to you on this. D:

I love Flying types. Flying is basically my second favorite type after wate. <3 For the poll I definitely choosing Swanna as my favorite from the fifth generation. It's a Swan with is such a gorgeous creature, it's flying/water (one that is not wingull and such) and it learns the best wind move imo (Hurricane).

:D;

As for a pure flying I think something like a cloud would be cool? Maybe it could be like castform and change into different types with different forms, or have just one form which is like a water form that makes it water/flying. Maaaybe one that is electric flying is it's a thunder cloud? idk i have lame ideas.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
  • - Username VelocityQ
    - Your Partner PIdgeot. Completely original here. No one has chosen it. And my favorite flying type <3
    - Least Favorite flying-type Probably Pidove. Can't get the voices out of my head....!

"Mine? Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • OHMAHGAWD! I wanna sign-up!

Username: sherreamethyst
    Partner: Dragonite
    Least Favorite Flying Type: Zubats, Golbats, Spearows, Fearows, Sigilyphs, and GYARADOS.

I'm happy to see an Archeops fan! Archeops is my favorite 5th gen Pokemon! :D

OOOOHHH!! @VelocityQ I absolutley ADORE Pidgeots! A lot of my friends don't like Pidgeots...I have to say Pidgeot is one of my top favorites!

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • Username: Harebrained
    Your Partner: Skarmory

Least Favorite flying-type: Pelipper

I also think y'all might enjoy some really nice flying-type art I stumbled on!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    Username: BlazingVolt646
    Your Partner: Archeops
    Least Favorite flying-type: Chatot

Favorite move is Air-slash its cool!!

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Username: Avishka
    Partner: Staraptor