• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    As said, Kyurem itself is essentially a mega already. I don't think they'd add more onto that especially with B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem. However, they could possibly work on mega forms for the two of them in the near future. But honestly, I think Kyurem already has enough on its plate for a couple of generations and is fine the way it is now. =P I'm not opposed to the idea though! I'm just finding it rather unnecessary and unneeded, especially when Kyurem already has its own forms. :(

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • As said, Kyurem itself is essentially a mega already. I don't think they'd add more onto that especially with B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem. However, they could possibly work on mega forms for the two of them in the near future. But honestly, I think Kyurem already has enough on its plate for a couple of generations and is fine the way it is now. =P I'm not opposed to the idea though! I'm just finding it rather unnecessary and unneeded, especially when Kyurem already has its own forms. :(

Idk if i liked kyurem a lot hes good for a legendary but with the weird forms they look like a mutated poke. Although I must say id like to see him and the other 2 fully transform into the original one. What would that even look like? Also im not sure if kyurem is strong enough as a legendary i mean the few things that allow kyurem to enter ban fusing with Zekrom or Reshiram. Hmm...

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Are you impressed with Mega Abomasnow?

AM I IMPRESSED?! YES I AM! MEGA ABOMASNOW LOOKS AWESOME. HE'S LIKE THE X5 OF ABOMASNOW'S AWESOMENESS!
    What ice type do you want to see a mega for?

Hmmm... what ice type...
    MEGA BEARTIC! He'd be tougher and stronger! If I see a Mega Beartic, I would be surprised. But that's silly. Well, he can be stronger.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Mega Abomasnow looks cool and all, but I hate the fact that it's so slow, especially with that crappy typing and, if you're considering competitive play, weakness to SR.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used Abomasnow few times before, and it's pretty decent, actually; with Snow Warning ability, it's able to summon hail as soon as it gets out of its Poké Ball, and this enables it to take some major advantage with moves such as Blizzard. Blizzard usually has very low chance of striking, unfortunately, but so long as you have hail on the field functioning correctly, it will not fail. If used correctly, Abomasnow is fantastic. Though, I have yet to give its mega-form a try. I did test it in-game a couple of times, but not competitively, sadly. I'm sure it's not bad, however.

What people usually tend to pair with this Pokémon, I believe, is Walrein. It has an ability (whose name I can't put my finger on at the moment, sorry to say) that heals its health every turn during hail, and if you give this Pokémon a set of Leftovers, it's able to recover even further, technically making it un-damageable, if you know what I mean. Have used it few times, and it has always managed to impress.

It'd be nice if they were to give Walrein a mega-evolution at some point in future, if possible. They're said to have seven unannounced megas in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire right now, and perhaps this could be one of them? I feel that it'd be a nice plan to capitalize on; although Walrein might not be as popular among fans outside of competitive scene, it's still native to Hoenn, which is where these games take place.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I've used Abomasnow few times before, and it's pretty decent, actually; with Snow Warning ability, it's able to summon hail as soon as it gets out of its Poké Ball, and this enables it to take some major advantage with moves such as Blizzard. Blizzard usually has very low chance of striking, unfortunately, but so long as you have hail on the field functioning correctly, it will not fail. If used correctly, Abomasnow is fantastic. Though, I have yet to give its mega-form a try. I did test it in-game a couple of times, but not competitively, sadly. I'm sure it's not bad, however.

What people usually tend to pair with this Pokémon, I believe, is Walrein. It has an ability (whose name I can't put my finger on at the moment, sorry to say) that heals its health every turn during hail, and if you give this Pokémon a set of Leftovers, it's able to recover even further, technically making it un-damageable, if you know what I mean. Have used it few times, and it has always managed to impress.

It'd be nice if they were to give Walrein a mega-evolution at some point in future, if possible. They're said to have seven unannounced megas in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire right now, and perhaps this could be one of them? I feel that it'd be a nice plan to capitalize on; although Walrein might not be as popular among fans outside of competitive scene, it's still native to Hoenn, which is where these games take place.
    Yes plz Walrein Mega!. Sadly i doubt itll happen but who knows o_o . Only because Glacia uses it along with Glalie and she cant have 2 Megas but they might just have her go with Glalie give walrein a mega and make everyone happy lol.
    Btw i think that ability is ice body :p
    I haven't used Mega Abomasnow much, but I dig the Snow Warning/Blizzard combo, and using Wood Hammer and Earthquake to cause major damage.

Ive used this combo before the sad part is it doesnt work well. Although the snow warning hail with blizzard works nice for competitive you'd like to go with SpAtk for that to work good and that would make it in best interest to have your other moves be special sadly those great moves are physical. But it can still work ok as long as you have a nature that increases SpAtk or Atk and doesnt decrease the other.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I think Blizzard + Snow Warning is a great combo to use in-game or competitively. While its admittedly not the best thing to ever grace the meta, its still pretty fun to use and is a nice combo overall. I'd even make a blizzard team revolving around him (in-game only) and have fun disregarding type balances just because. Abomasnow's one of the few mons I'd do that for. <3

I think Glacia could have the ability to use a Mega Walrein should one be revealed. Mega Glalie was released earlier but I think a Mega Walrein would be more likely as its the stronger mon out of the two and therefore the better choice for a E4. I don't think one E4 would stop its creation completely however. That'd just be really strange. ;v; Mega Walrein would be great though! The one and only most badass walrus getting a huge buff in terms of stats and a cooler form. Do it please, Gamefreak. :D

Dedenne1

Years
  • I think Blizzard + Snow Warning is a great combo to use in-game or competitively. While its admittedly not the best thing to ever grace the meta, its still pretty fun to use and is a nice combo overall. I'd even make a blizzard team revolving around him (in-game only) and have fun disregarding type balances just because. Abomasnow's one of the few mons I'd do that for. <3

I think Glacia could have the ability to use a Mega Walrein should one be revealed. Mega Glalie was released earlier but I think a Mega Walrein would be more likely as its the stronger mon out of the two and therefore the better choice for a E4. I don't think one E4 would stop its creation completely however. That'd just be really strange. ;v; Mega Walrein would be great though! The one and only most badass walrus getting a huge buff in terms of stats and a cooler form. Do it please, Gamefreak. :D
    sadly i believe it was confirmed glacia will have mega glalie and a froslass and her walrein. Idk would we rather have a mega glalie or a mega walrein? Id have to choose walrein because i hardly use glalie walrein is more powerful, cute and hes got that little walrus fat lol.

Years
  • sadly i believe it was confirmed glacia will have mega glalie and a froslass and her walrein. Idk would we rather have a mega glalie or a mega walrein? Id have to choose walrein because i hardly use glalie walrein is more powerful, cute and hes got that little walrus fat lol.

As far as I know, in the initial battles she'll be using two Glalie, two Froslass and her ace Walrein. She has Mega Glalie for her ace in the rematch according to the data dump. Again, there's a significant lack of Ice-types in the Hoenn Dex so yeah that explains the duplicates. It's often been a problem when a regional Dex heavily lacks a specific type.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Uh...
    well...
    can someone tell me an example of a bad pokemon?
    i'm trying to make a gif of a bad pokemon that snatched presents from a delibird which is trying to take it back.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    So basically the pokemon version of the Grinch who stole Christmas?

I think an ice-type stealing from a fellow ice-type would make the most sense. The ice type would be used to navigating the environment, could of possibly interacted with Delibird or poor old Santa and all sorts of other stuff that different types could not accomplish. So even if it's only for a GIF, how about a Sneasel? Sneasel's dex entry from quite a few games states that they steal eggs from other pokemon whether individually or working cleverly as a pair. I think they'd make the perfect thieves as they're pokemon that can get away quickly while Weavile is probably even more capable of doing the exact same thing.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Maybe a dog Pokemon like Houndour or Poochyena?
    Ohh!
    Dogs! Those are great examples! Houndour and Poochyena are dark types too. Poochyena can be a great example since it's an AGGRESIVE Pokemon. But it has too HIGH attack so it can make an OHKO to Delibird with Bite. Well, I am gonna fight a bad Lvl. 10 Pokemon. But Poochyena learns Bite at Lvl 10...
    Houndour's a great example too. But it learns Ember before Level 10. And it has VERY HIGH Special Attack. I'll try it. But if it can OHKO Delibird, I'll lower it and try again.

So basically the pokemon version of the Grinch who stole Christmas?

...So even if it's only for a GIF, how about a Sneasel? Sneasel's dex entry from quite a few games states that they steal eggs from other pokemon whether individually or working cleverly as a pair. I think they'd make the perfect thieves as they're pokemon that can get away quickly while Weavile is probably even more capable of doing the exact same thing.

Sneasel! A very good example! Well, I am using Sneasel since it's a TRICKY Pokemon. But I can't seem to find an appropriate sprite for it. But since I'm using a Sneasel, I'll use a Zigzagoon sprite for the alpha version of the gif. I'm gonna try to make a Sneasel sprite.

I'll upload the alpha gif when it's done.

The rombase I used was Pokemon Fluorite. I had problems editing the scripts. I only edited some scripts because I was toooooo lazyyyy...

And since this my 15th post, I'm able to upload pics now!

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Christmaswallpaper.png
    201404221800484.jpg

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I do have a question: How do you build an Ice team that is offensively/defensively strong against Fire?

Not sure about a whole team, but I can give you a start.

Mamoswine is a good Pokémon to use. 110 HP, 130 Attack, 80 Speed, Thick Fat, Earthquake, and Stone Edge make it formidable on both sides and it has usable speed. Walrein gets 90 for both defenses, 110 HP, 95 Special Attack and any Water-type move you choose.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I do have a question: How do you build an Ice team that is offensively/defensively strong against Fire?
    My mono does pretty well like wicked said mamoswine is great and I love using him.
    Others to think about would be the water and ice duals. ex. walrein, lapras etc.
    And a personal fav which does surprisingly good is auroras with rockslide to take out fire types.
    Hardest typing to beat with an ice mono is fire especially again fire and fighting types which we have a lot of ;)
    Also using mega abomasnow and making use of hail and blizzard is what I use and it works pretty great in my opinion ;)
    and another thing if you use mamoswine icicle crash, earthquake, rock slide/stone edge, along with a move of your choice, (I use protect and ice shard on mine with life orb) and thick fat to fight off against pesky fire types.
    (he really is the best btw haha)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back