• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny Pokemon names

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What are Pokemon names you personally find amusing? I hear there's a lot of funny German Pokemon names...

I still find Boober (Magmar's Japanese name) hilarious.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Upah reminds me of the celebratory Greek "opa," which makes me think Wooper's always partying. xP

Funny Pokemon names

OOPAA!!!

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Beldum's Japanese name translates to "Dumbber". Would've been a pretty ironic name for a Pyschic type if they called it that in the English version.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Japanese and German names of Articuno are funny, in german it's Arktos, named after the villain of Tabaluga, in japanese it's Freezer which is what most dubs call the villain of DB - Freeza (Frieza in english speaking countries, Holland and lector of AXN Spin)

Also Gardevoir's japanese name - Sirknight, it looks like a lady to me, the dawn stone evolution of male Kirlia should of have been named Sirknight

TBC

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Crab. just Crab. (Krabby's japanese name)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Crab. just Crab. (Krabby's japanese name)

LOL and i thought Female Sylveon saying that the yankies naming him Krabby was lazy

Also Schlurp (Lickitung's german name) reminds me of the polish word slub (marriage)

Traumato (Drowzee's german name) reminds me of tomato everytime i hear it on RTL2

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Alomomola sounds... weird. Girafarig did it better

Back