• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galar Region Birb

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The starter bird pokemon have always been Normal/Flying until Gen 6 broke the mold with Talonflame.

Gen 1 - Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot
    Gen 2 - Hoothoot, Noctowl
    Gen 3 - Taillow, Swellow
    Gen 4 - Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
    Gen 5 - Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant
    Gen 6 - Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame
    Gen 7 - Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon

What do you think Galar's birb will turn out to be like? Typing? Do you think they should continue the Normal/Flying for consistency?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Dunno about typing, but a blackbird would be cool - and they're common in the UK, as well. Assuming it's not Normal/Flying, Dark/Flying is the obvious choice. Ghost/Flying could work, too, or they could completely turn it on its head and do Fairy/Flying.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It would be nice if they broke the Normal/Flying tradition again! My first thought was maybe a Dark/Flying raven/crow/blackbird but we've had that already with Murkrow. Fairy/Flying would probably fit a dove lookalike. A cute puffin or little robin might make an appearance too!

Years
  • i agree that a dark/flying bird fits galar perfectly! a normal/flying won't be bad though as long as they can make it good

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    How about a cockerel in honor of Tottenham, one of the most famous Premiere League teams?

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • anything other than Flying-Normal type of course, it's rather dull at this moment, and Rufflet/Braviary line was already included in the trailer so... the northern map of Galar is covered nicely by snow, another Flying-Ice type to accompany Delibird and Articuno would be nice. Or Flying-Steel to blend in with the heavy industry focused on southern Galar, imagine an offensive Flying-Steel type birb counterpart to what Skarmory offers...

Years
  • I'd quite like a magpie myself. Also, to echo others: not normal/flying please. With a magpie I'd guess dark/flying would seem most appropriate.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I'd really like it to be Electric-Flying, at least in the second and third stage. That might also fit with rainy climates and with the industrial aesthetic.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I don't really care about the typing as long as the design is cool, and after Talonflame and Trumbeak I'm confident the design will be cool. I plan on using the starting bird pokemon regardless of the type.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Gimme a pink Flying/Fairy dove please!

Last edited:
    Back