• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game RAM

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Hello everyone. I have a question to ask. I want to download Dragon Saga online on my PC. But i'm confused about the amount of RAM (Random Access Memory) I need in order to play it. On one site (the link is this one ---> https://www.mmobomb.com/review/dragon-saga), it says that i need 512 mb of RAM. The game's main site however (https://www.playdragonsaga.com/downloads/clientdownload.aspx) says i need 2GB of RAM. The amount i have is 1.00 GB. Which site should i trust for the system requirement and is the amount i have enough to play it?

Years
  • You should always go with what the official website says for stats (and RAM), and never a 3rd-party distributor, so you'll probably need to upgrade your RAM if the game website says 2 GB is the minimum. However, before doing so, make sure your computer has the capability to have its RAM expanded beyond 1 GB by checking out the specifications of your system as well.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    thanks for that advice. I guess i'm not downloading that game anytime soon...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Well, just a random suggestion. If you do upgrade your RAM, I suggest you go for 4GB or plus for a higher compatibility with some recent games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    What operating system are you running? Is it Windows, if so what version? XP, Vista, 7, or 8? Or is it a Mac operating system?

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • Hey the Big man ! Usually there are minimal requirements and then recommended requirements for playing any game. With only 1GB worth of RAM, I'm guessing you're using Windows XP, since Vista won't run properly only on 1GB worth of RAM and 7 will struggle X_X (or it's a mac.)
    Best way to find out what RAM you may need is take out the current RAM stick and post the information on the sticker here. I'm guessing it may be DDR or DDR2. Also how many memory slots you have on your motherboard may help us make a good choice :) !

Back