• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gameshark Help

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    (I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, but this is the closest thing I could find to it.) I have an extremely noob-ish question. How do I actually use Gameshark? I downloaded it, but I don't know what to do with it. I'd really appreciate the help.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Emulation would be the correct forum, as this has nothing to do with ROM-Hacking.

Well, the primary question is, what did you download, and for what purpose?

If you want to use GameShark code on your ROM, then you can easily use TGBs/VBAs integrated Cheat-code feature, accessible via the "Cheats" menu.

If you want to use it on a real cartridge, then you have to buy a device for GS-code, and you have most likely downloaded an updater for that device, which is pretty useless without the actual device.

~moved~

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I'll go through my problem step-by-step, because that didn't answer my question.

1. I downloaded the ROM for Pokemon Emerald.
    2. I downloaded the Gameshark.
    3. I opened the Emerald ROM.
    4. I went to the Cheats function, clicked on the Gameshark button, and typed in the name and code.
    5. I tested it out to see if it worked, and it didn't.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Most GameShark codes require a "Master Code" to be activated, before any other codes work.
    Be sure that you have activated the Master Code for the correct version of your game first, then activating the other codes.
    An important thing to watch, is the game-language, as the codes differ from language to language.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    The Maste Code is a GameShark code like any other, just with a special function, and has to be activated before any other code.
    It should be listed with all the other codes on the list you got the codes from.
    If not, try checking the GameShark website for it.

Back