• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I suppose I could add blue milling cards with my current one, there's probably tons of options to choose from

Years
  • Username: Krazzikk :3
    Favourite Colour: blue
    Favourite Deck: I'm not sure what you would call it because I make most of my decks, but it's like a red/blue control/OTK deck with Kiln Fiend in it as the main win condition.
    Mode of Play: I have Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 (which I don't play very often, just for when I want to play with people online), and casual paper play with my brother.
    TL;DR both

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Maybe we can duel using Xmage :)

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's just clicking and choosing choice if there's multiple effect.
    and sure I can teach you how to use it later on

Years
  • That's a pretty good idea actually, would people be interested in playing online?
    If so what would people prefer playing with? So far I'm only aware of Cockatrice and XMage that are free but feel free to share some others if you know them!

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I remember the simulator online that is MTG one, but I forget. I always use xmage due to it's graphics and it sometimes hiccups. Other than that, there's a site to play TGC like this one, but I just recommend download xmage or any other stimulators

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
    Years
  • Has anyone here ever used Puca Trade before? If so, what is your opinion on it? For those of you who don't know, Puca Trade is a website that allows players to trade with people from anywhere via mail. I'm not 100% certain, but from what I understand it works like this. You have "money" associated with your account, you get some for free when you make an account, I believe. You can use this money to "buy" cards from other people, who then send you the card in the mail. Whatever you spent on the card is then added to their account, and that person can in turn buy cards from other people, repeating the cycle. In other words, it's one-way trading in exchange for points to do another one-way trade.

A few friends have told me I should try it, but I'm skeptical. Most of the cards I have that I'm willing to get rid of are just junk and bulk rares. And at this point, anything I need is usually either something from the latest set and thus always in stock at my local card shop, or it's something really old and worth a lot of money (Mana Drain, Dual Lands, etc.), and I doubt I'd get anything like that from Puca Trade. Plus, those shop owner is usually able to get me whatever I need, and quickly too. And unlike my friends who are telling me to try it, I can actually afford anything I need (Well, almost anything. I'm looking at you, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale >_>), so I'm not sure it's really worth it for me, anyway.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I did pull out a Drain Chain that makes double loop and with gooning reflection and bond would makes twice as deadly :P

Years
  • That's a pretty good idea actually, would people be interested in playing online?
    If so what would people prefer playing with? So far I'm only aware of Cockatrice and XMage that are free but feel free to share some others if you know them!

I believe Cockatrice's servers are no longer running.

Years
  • I've used puca trade before, it was a pretty decent experience from what I remember. It took a while for the other person to register them as arrived (had to message them, apparently they forgot about it) but other than that it's been pretty good.
    Only downside I've ever had though was someone sent me an italian Teysa v1, then had a go at me for not stating I only accept English cards (it says so in the T&C that it's english cards only).

I believe Cockatrice's servers are no longer running.
    The servers are down, but the client is still alive and kicking and there are loads of other servers we can use. Maybe even make one ourselves.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Probably you need VPS to make our own though and it's cost money

Years
  • New discussion time! :D

When did you first start playing?
    What was your first plane?

I first started playing just after M13 came out, I went out and bought a starter kit when people at my uni tabletop society persuaded me to build a deck and from there on I was hooked! I pulled an Olivia Voldaren in my first pack out of it so I guess my first plane I really visited was Innistrad.
    I went on to build a really crappy B/r vampire deck, which has now been transfered to a B/r vampire tribal commander deck, headed by my wonderful Olivia <3

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Started playing at about the time of the release for Fate Reforged. My friend let me play with his sliver deck and then a BRU Zombie Vampire deck that literally did nothing. Nobody uses creature decks in EDH. I ended up buying my first planeswalker. I still haven't managed to pack one even though I've gone through about $200 worth of cards. Pretty sad. But anyways, first walker I got was either Tibalt or Domri Rade. But I'm leaning towards Tibalt since everyone had Tibalt.

Years
  • I remember the first planeswalker I pulled, it was Gideon Jura and I was so confused by the card I had to Google what the hell it was. I just slammed it into an old white weenie deck and forgot about it until last Christmas when I found it again and realised it was foil :D

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I would like to join!

I love MTG, but I haven't played since college, because I haven't yet found anyone else where I live who's into it. Still have all my old decks and cards though ^^

Username: Sopheria
    Favorite Color: Red
    Favorite Deck: don't really have one in particular
    Mode of Play: paper, but I'm also looking to start playing online

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I never play it on RL and just online and I want to test new tgc to enjoy

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I saw the top post in the FC/G forum was a YGO fan group - so I looked through here to see if an MTG group existed, and it totally does 8D

Username: Ullion
    Favourite Colour: Blue and Red
    Favourite Deck: Probably my Red/blue passive aggressive deck
    Mode of Play: Paper mostly, I do have cockatrice but I try to avoid it

I started a little over a year ago when Born of the Gods was first released and my friends held a drafting tournament for it, so I started then. I loved it so much, I kept buying lots of boxes and coming up with my own ideas for decks. (Seriously, I have too many ;-;)

edit: I play modern, because my friends and I have such a wide variety of cards from different sets, so standard would limit us too much. At the sametime, I did make 2 standard decks - one is a jeskai deck that is really fun to play!

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What other cards shared the effect of Saigune Bond and Exactive Blood (SP)? I'm trying to make a decent combo out of it

Years
  • Welcome both Ullion and Sopheria! Lovely to have you two join :)

Favourite Deck: Probably my Red/blue passive aggressive deck
    I've never heard of a passive aggressive deck, what does it do?
    Also what sort of modern decks do you play?

What other cards shared the effect of Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood (SP)? I'm trying to make a decent combo out of it
    I don't think there are anything that is similar to Exquisite Blood, but Vizkopa Guildmage has the same effect as Sanguine Bond. I personally think if you'll have the mana (like in a game of EDH) the guildmage is better because on its own you can activate the second ability multiple times and make people lose a ton of life!

Back