• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds,..Like it or not?

Like GB Sounds?

• Total voters

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i liked the old game corner and victory road. but they sound messed up, the first part of victory road sounds like a march fanfare or something, rather than the funky techno thing from the gameboy version.

ShiShi

Shorts! <3
    Years
  • I love the GB sounds, especially when I'm either riding my bike or surfing.

While a lot of the new music is very nice, it's good to be able to listen to some of the older music.

Clone25

I wish I didnt have to grow up
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    I recently started playing the original Pkmn Gold (since HG/SS came out) and thay had some pretty good Poke sounds

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
    Years
  • i dont have hg/ss but i love gb sounds in general. especially the sounds when you hurt a boss or kill a boss in gb zeldas :)

Years
  • GB Sounds is an actual item you get for having beaten all 16 gym leaders. I personally think it's great, and it has also helped me appreciate some of the newer music, too. I personally think the new Ice Cave music is better than the generic cave music they had there before, but I like the old route music better, so I being able to pick and choose which I want to hear where is great.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • GB Sounds is probably one of Game Freak's greatest Easter eggs. As soon as I got it I rushed over to the Indigo Plateau to hear the nostalgia. Best idea ever!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    i like the GB music tracks,there 8-bit awesomeness,brings the old memories of pokemon back into are lives....maybe they will bring the 8-bit music featre to black and white version .

i love the GB music tracks,there 8-bit awesomeness brings back memories to the pokemon fans and pokemon games.

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • For me, it's a fantastic feature brought down by the fact that pokemon doesn't have a new game+ feature that a lot of rpg's have that would allow you to utilize it early on in the game and just have a full burst of nostalgia from beginning to end. It would've been cool if there was some event pokemon that allowed you to unlock it earlier in the game to fully enhance the experience.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Some I like and some I dont. My most favorites are route 2, 35, and lake of rage. It brings back a lot of good memeories.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It's an awesome item. I love it.
    There is no reason to think it's a bad item, because it doesn't even force you to use it, and is totally optional.

Back