• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi,

First, thank you for these fixes and sorry for my english.

I noticed these animations has focus on target too, but I'm not sure it's the root issue. Do your fixes consist of redoing the animations with user focus instead of target focus ?
    I found this thread with a very similar issue a few years ago : thread 319297, page 11 (can't post link before I've made 5 posts, this is my first, sorry).
    The solution was : In PokeBattle_MoveEffects a lot of the targets say "nil" when they should say "opponent" or "attacker" for "pbShowAnimation".
    In the moves.txt PBS, where you specify the target, it seems to bug when the target is "UserSide" or "User". Maybe this "User" argument is not correctly processed, so the animation uses nil instead and that's why the animation appears in the top left corner ? In that case, the original animation could be correct (even if we see it on the opponent when we run it), and the "User" parameter should make it appear on the correct pokemon ?

I would like to try but I have no idea where to find the script processing this "User" argument (previously in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, which doesn't exist anymore), and of course not even sure if it could be the real issue... Someone knows where to find this script part ?

Last question, do I have to import one by one each .anm file or is there any way to do it faster ?
    Btw, when I import MUDDY WATER animation, the animation is renamed SURF automatically, probably a mistake.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Are you gonna update the project to Pokemon Essentials v21?

bump. It would be really cool to see this project be compatible to v21. DM me and I will be willing to help going forward if it's possible!

Hello there,
    Just a quick response.
    I am currently working on the next update of my fangame. It is my absolute priority right now. Unfortunately my fangame is still in Essentials v18, so I cannot afford to learn another version that I'm not using.
    Also, the animation editor is VERY painful to use, which doesn't motivate me! ^^"

Hi,

First, thank you for these fixes and sorry for my english.

I noticed these animations has focus on target too, but I'm not sure it's the root issue. Do your fixes consist of redoing the animations with user focus instead of target focus ?
    I found this thread with a very similar issue a few years ago : thread 319297, page 11 (can't post link before I've made 5 posts, this is my first, sorry).
    The solution was : In PokeBattle_MoveEffects a lot of the targets say "nil" when they should say "opponent" or "attacker" for "pbShowAnimation".
    In the moves.txt PBS, where you specify the target, it seems to bug when the target is "UserSide" or "User". Maybe this "User" argument is not correctly processed, so the animation uses nil instead and that's why the animation appears in the top left corner ? In that case, the original animation could be correct (even if we see it on the opponent when we run it), and the "User" parameter should make it appear on the correct pokemon ?
    I think this bug comes from the fact that these animations were made in Essentials v15 or v16 (there were dinosaurs back then) and after v17 something changed in the way targets were handled.

I would like to try but I have no idea where to find the script processing this "User" argument (previously in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, which doesn't exist anymore), and of course not even sure if it could be the real issue... Someone knows where to find this script part ?
    A good place to start would be to look for the equivalent of "pbAnimationCore" in your version of Essentials. (Mine is v18, the main animation function is pbAnimationCore)
    By reading this code, you find the class PBAnimationPlayerX that seems to actually play the animation.

Last question, do I have to import one by one each .anm file or is there any way to do it faster ?
    As far as I remember, only file by file. So we are such this is painful in every place.

Btw, when I import MUDDY WATER animation, the animation is renamed SURF automatically, probably a mistake.
    Because the name of the animation is stored somewhere in the animation file, and the animation Muddy Water is probably a copy/paste/edit of that of Surf ^^"

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Hey can you please update the DEV folder bc I don't want the .rxdata file to overwrite my mega evolution animation. The DEV file you posted has a lot of missing moves and is not as updated as the PkmnAnimations.rxdata file.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hey can you please update the DEV folder bc I don't want the .rxdata file to overwrite my mega evolution animation. The DEV file you posted has a lot of missing moves and is not as updated as the PkmnAnimations.rxdata file.

No, I'm not going to edit my file just for you.
    Find a way yourself.

And if you need me to edit a whole file, JUST FOR ONE OF YOUR ANIMATIONS, maybe just learn how to export animations?

And if so many animations are missing, why would you use this project?

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    No! I'm not asking u to edit anything other than updating the DEV folder. I just can't use the PkmnAnimations.rxdata file. Sorry for not wording it properly

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey can you please update the DEV folder bc I don't want the .rxdata file to overwrite my mega evolution animation.

No! I'm not asking u to edit anything other than updating the DEV folder. I just can't use the PkmnAnimations.rxdata file. Sorry for not wording it properly

Ok so first off, no that is exactly what you meant. You want him to "update" his files so that way you can use your own animation. Secondly, the PkmnAnimations.rxdata is already fixed. Your Mega Evolution Animation is in you're current PkmnAnimations.rxdata, and our animations are in the resource's PkmnAnimations.rxdata. If you wanna import you're own stuff into it, just export and re-import it. Thirdly, some animations are just not finished. We all aren't exactly free like we use to be when we started the project, so missing animations are bound to exist. (Plus, this is meant to be used along with Pokemon Reborn's Animations) The list of animations that haven't yet been worked on are already on the main thread.

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Ok so first off, no that is exactly what you meant. You want him to "update" his files so that way you can use your own animation. Secondly, the PkmnAnimations.rxdata is already fixed. Your Mega Evolution Animation is in you're current PkmnAnimations.rxdata, and our animations are in the resource's PkmnAnimations.rxdata. If you wanna import you're own stuff into it, just export and re-import it. Thirdly, some animations are just not finished. We all aren't exactly free like we use to be when we started the project, so missing animations are bound to exist. (Plus, this is meant to be used along with Pokemon Reborn's Animations) The list of animations that haven't yet been worked on are already on the main thread.

Alright, let me clear myself up! That mega evolution animation is FROM A PLUGIN in a form of a *rb file* so I can't just do the export animation thing, since it's not in .anm file.

Edit: lol i tried ur method of re importing but then the animations stopped working lmao.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Well, here's a simpler (but potentially problematic) way to import it. First copy the "Audios" and "Graphics" folders into the game root directory, then put each .anm file into a folder with the same name as the file(You can use .bat batch processing to quickly accomplish this step), then put these folders into the "Animations" folder, and Select "Import All Battle Animations" in the game.
    For New animations, this should work just fine.
    For Fixed animations, this will not delete the original animation, but after testing, it seems that the newly imported animation will have a higher priority.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hey so I'm assuming you want your game to utilize the Mega Evolution animation from Essentials Deluxe/ZUD despite this resource pack overriding it with the Reborn Mega Evolution animation, correct?
    To perform this, all you gotta do is go into Debug > Information Editors... > Battle Animation Organizer.
    From here, delete these 2 animations:
    - 13: Common: MegaEvolution
    - 14: Common: MegaEvolution2

Save your changes, then now your game will use the Essentials Deluxe/ZUD mega evolution animation

Hope this helped :)

DarrylBD99

Years
  • any plan to continue this project?
    I don't want to make animations, so unfortunately, no, this project is discontinued.
    Well... I was gonna say indefinite hiatus but... nvm. Though StCooler, would you mind if I pick up the project once I'm done with my university shenanigans (or when the new animation system comes to essentials. Depending on which comes first)?

Years
  • Well... I was gonna say indefinite hiatus but... nvm. Though StCooler, would you mind if I pick up the project once I'm done with my university shenanigans (or when the new animation system comes to essentials. Depending on which comes first)?
    I've just finished reorganizing all the moves so that they're grouped by generation and alphabetized. Was planning to put up a Gen 9 project thread later today. Me and another developer (Nut0066) have been fixing old broken animations and adding Gen 9 animations for a few months now, and with this project officially discontinued, it seems like a good time to put our PkmnAnimations file out there to make importing them easier.

DarrylBD99

Years
  • I've just finished reorganizing all the moves so that they're grouped by generation and alphabetized. Was planning to put up a Gen 9 project thread later today. Me and another developer (Nut0066) have been fixing old broken animations and adding Gen 9 animations for a few months now, and with this project officially discontinued, it seems like a good time to put our PkmnAnimations file out there to make importing them easier.
    Oh wow, thats great. I noticed ur page as well. I'll see if I can help you guys out if I have time and you guys need any.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well... I was gonna say indefinite hiatus but... nvm. Though StCooler, would you mind if I pick up the project once I'm done with my university shenanigans (or when the new animation system comes to essentials. Depending on which comes first)?
    Yes! Do as you wish!
    I've just finished reorganizing all the moves so that they're grouped by generation and alphabetized. Was planning to put up a Gen 9 project thread later today. Me and another developer (Nut0066) have been fixing old broken animations and adding Gen 9 animations for a few months now, and with this project officially discontinued, it seems like a good time to put our PkmnAnimations file out there to make importing them easier.
    I saw your project, good job! I'll probably use it :P

Back