• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
  • Tried doing some QC on your Zygarde sprite.

Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Differences from Sugimori artwork distracted me. ;)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I took your original Floette sprite and used princessofmusics colours to make an AZ Floette. I hope you can accept this, it is only a front sprite and i will work on a back sprite whenever i can be bothered

Yeah maybe! It looks pretty good, but isn't it just entirely princessofmusic's?

Ill post some of them for you mate

Thank you very much
    Audino and Mawile is not perfect yet, hope u can use these as base

I've already done Mega Mawile. I don't think I'll be accepting any of these. They're not very well cleaned up, or relative sizes to the original pokemon.

I like the small improvements, however when you compare it to Chespin's model in-game (ORAS) the bottom part of it's body (just above the feet) look slightly more round, while I feel here it doesn't look the same, haha. ^_^

Also, about that Zygarde sprite: No offense, but the positioning of that sprite isn't the best. It's based off Xous54's unofficial Zygarde art, and it's not really right for a battle. It's looking straight ahead, not at your Pokémon. I understand that it must be really hard to sprite Zygarde, but I feel like a sprite like this would be better:

Eh, I actually made the sprite directly from the XY Model, it's just the angle that makes it look less round.

Zygarde just really didn't fit well into 64x64, and I personally think that this pose is a lot more dynamic. I do agree with you about the head positioning, but I don't really like the other Zygarde sprite.

And I'm back with more Icons.
    Mega Banette:

Mega Blaziken:

Mega Garchomp:

All accepted.

Tried doing some QC on your Zygarde sprite.

Differences from Sugimori artwork distracted me. ;)

Eh the shiny bits turn on and off, so it doesn't really matter all too much where they go, but you're right in that having one on the bottom would look nice.

Since quite a few people are bringing up the Zygarde sprite, I've done some QC myself to try and change the head positioning slightly.

EDIT: I've finished Yveltal. It was pretty tough but I'm happy with how it turned out!

and here is its icon!

EDIT2: I've done some QC on Swirlix because it was really bothering me.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Nah all I did was save your original floette remove the original flower add the eternal flower and used her colours (because I'm bad at colours) :)

Fair enough!

Wow! Kalos icons are now complete! :D

I'm more excited by the main sprites myself :P

Will it be a problem getting Xerneas into 16 colours?

The main issue was getting it to fit into the dimensions. The colours were fine.

Soon, all gen 6 icons will be indexed. :P
    Mega Gyarados:

Probably!

I've finally done Xerneas just because there's not all that much to do.

Credits to Wyverii for the original sprite which I edited quite a bit. It was the only one I could even imagine of fitting into 64x64.

And its icon (credits to Sky High)

This means that there is only one sprite left, and that already has a submitted backsprite! Since Volcanion's not been released officially, its not my highest priority. I will be focusing mostly on making more mega Pokemon.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I'm more excited by the main sprites myself :P

I've finally done Xerneas just because there's not all that much to do.

Credits to Wyverii for the original sprite which I edited quite a bit. It was the only one I could even imagine of fitting into 64x64.

And its icon (credits to Sky High)

This means that there is only one sprite left, and that already has a submitted backsprite! Since Volcanion's not been released officially, its not my highest priority. I will be focusing mostly on making more mega Pokemon.

Well I'm also excited with the icons as much as I am excited with the main sprites... {:3}

And that Xerneas, amazing! Hoopa Unbound's and Volcanion's front sprites and some Mega and Primal Reversions left...

By the way, may we know what sprites are you currently working on and some with progress which are left for the mean time?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hi,

Great work on the sprites!

However, I found a problem with Gardevoir in G3HS where the Shiny palette doesn't display properly; I believe this was because of the head and dress using the same colours in the normal palette (white head, white dress), but using different colours in the Shiny (white head, black dress)

I think I managed to fix the problem (I can't post links):

i.imgur/YsThrm1.png

This one seems to load properly.

lfgamar

lucasfera15
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Hi,

However, I found a problem with Gardevoir in G3HS where the Shiny palette doesn't display properly; I believe this was because of the head and dress using the same colours in the normal palette (white head, white dress), but using different colours in the Shiny (white head, black dress)

i.imgur/YsThrm1.png

theres a mega rayquaza sprite thats have the same problem...

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Attempt at QC for Pyroar;

The white spot (is it supposed to be part of the eye?) doesn't really make sense in my opinion. May be personal favor though.

If you don't believe me, have a look at Sugimori artwork. :P

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • I've finally done Xerneas just because there's not all that much to do.

I am absolutely obsessed with the Yveltal sprite but I feel like the shading on the xerneas body and head could be improved with some QC down the line. The sprite looks flat with the shading around the neck and head but that might just be do to the 16 color limitation.

Good luck with hoopa unbound! You've got this :)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Hi,

i.imgur/YsThrm1.png

right here!!!

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Well I'm also excited with the icons as much as I am excited with the main sprites... {:3}

And that Xerneas, amazing! Hoopa Unbound's and Volcanion's front sprites and some Mega and Primal Reversions left...

By the way, may we know what sprites are you currently working on and some with progress which are left for the mean time?

I'm not working on anything at the moment. I do every sprite in about an hour so I just randomly decide to do them. Live for the surprise.

Hi,

i.imgur/YsThrm1.png

Don't use G3HS to insert sprites. Use Advanced Series.

theres a mega rayquaza sprite thats have the same problem...

That's not a part of this resource so it's not relevant.

Attempt at QC for Pyroar;

The white spot (is it supposed to be part of the eye?) doesn't really make sense in my opinion. May be personal favor though.

If you don't believe me, have a look at Sugimori artwork. :P

Done! Though you were using my outdated sprites.

I am absolutely obsessed with the Yveltal sprite but I feel like the shading on the xerneas body and head could be improved with some QC down the line. The sprite looks flat with the shading around the neck and head but that might just be do to the 16 color limitation.

Good luck with hoopa unbound! You've got this :)

I personally think it's fine. It's definitely BW style, but yeah couldn't add anymore colours even if I wanted to.

right here!!!

No don't use that one, just use my one and insert it with A-series, because that removes depth on the face and arms.

Not sure what I'll work on next. I do have a completed Volcanion and Hoopa Unbound backsprite, and a Mega Ampharos front sprite, so I might try to complete those, but they're pretty tough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Oh...

I'd been trying to find Advanced Series (when I was having a problem with another sprite I inserted, which I fixed with a hex editor), but the only download link I found for it kept getting blocked by my browser, so I never tried again.

All the other sprites seemed fine, though I think I understand why G3HS had issues with that sprite.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Mega Mewtwo X and Y icons have been indexed.
    Mega Mewtwo Y:

Mega Mewtwo X:

I'm glad my other icons were accepted.
    EDIT:
    A Mega Diancie, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Wooh! The Gen VI Pokemon is now complete, however that leaves Volcanion for a while. I feel weird for GameFreak that they revealed Volcanion for at least two years ago (it exists in the game's (X & Y) data), then they are stating that it has not been "officially" revealed, like it's already in the eyesight of everybody (or maybe some hacker just discovered this out).

Back