• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
  • Hello, people. Back awhile ago, I went to check to see how to get pokemon animated in battle, but it said I needed a folder for every frame in a animation. Is there a way I can just make it work by using a gif? Thank you whoever answers.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    From what I've seen your gonna need to make a whole module to integrate .gif images. What would be easier though, is using frames on a canvas and then using rects. =/

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    @me2hack: module? Rects? What are they? (I'm not a technologically smart person...)
    A module is a whole load of scripts that figure out how gif files work, how to get each frame of a gif and display them properly and update them at the right speed.

Rects is the way the Pokémon icons (used in the party screen) and trainer back sprites (showing the player throwing a Poké Ball) currently work to display animation. Each frame is placed in a line in a single file, and then the game takes everything contained within a rectangle out of that file (i.e. a frame) in turn and displays/updates it like that.

If I were you, I'd just wait until someone else is nice enough to make a tutorial to show how to do this.

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Program: RPG Maker XP
    Version: Poccil's Starter Kit
    Help Type needed?: Graphics help

As many of you may know CrazyNinjaGuy recently released his B/W style starter kit and I noticed the Pokemon Sprites are 192x192 in size where as Poccil's are 128x128. What I want to do is use larger sprites so I can use Gen 5 sprites with Poccil's kit. I am wondering if there is anything in particular I need to change or can I just update all my sprites to 192x192? If I do have to edit something could someone please walk me through it as I have been away from RPG Maker for some time now and am just getting back into it. All help is appreciated and I hope I stated my problem/question clearly enough for easy comprehension.

Thanks in advance.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Is there a way to make a game make on RPG Maker run faster, like the x400 that makes GBA roms run faster?
    Is there a way to use running shoes on a RPG Maker game?

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
  • (This doesn't exactly concern anything related to game making, but as the program itself) when I was going to buy rpg maker xp, it blasted an error at me (and yes, I did have internet connection), it said that the pti-whatever wasn't allowing me to do it. How do I get pass this?

Alias-

It was Suicidally Beautiful.
    Years
  • I've been gone from RMXP for a long time and I come back seeing something called Neo Mode 7 that apparently lets you makes your RMXP project 3D. I found a nice version, but I was wondering if there is a modded version for Poccil's kit, or does script simply work as is?

Years
  • I don't know if this question is asked or not, and I don't feel like reading alot because im kinda in a hurry.
    But I need a program to change battle sprites, and it has to be animated like in Black and White.
    Anyone know/have one?

EDIT: I also need a cry editor.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I've been gone from RMXP for a long time and I come back seeing something called Neo Mode 7 that apparently lets you makes your RMXP project 3D. I found a nice version, but I was wondering if there is a modded version for Poccil's kit, or does script simply work as is?

Nope, needs a complete rewrite for it to be able to work in essentials, but, help-14 has actually released essentials with Neo Mode 7 which is in the resource section somewhere.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Does anybody know how to modify Essentials so when you play it the resolution and size is the same size as a normal GBA game? Help.

Look in the spriteresizer code and change the width and height values to double the size of the GBA screen resolution. And mess around slightly with the $ResizeFactor code as well.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Didn't work. I've also tried Glitchfinder's script, but that came up with the.. argument blah blah blah error.

Considering I'm pretty sure the part he's referring to is exactly what the game takes to determine the size, then I think you probably changed the wrong thing. Can't say I know what the right one is though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Not sure where to post this, but i am having trouble using poccil's poke essentials for RMXP. I am used to using advance map for making my mapmaking. I am designing the first floor of the house. The dimensions in advance map for this room are 13x10, but RMXP only allows me to have a minimum of 20x15 map dimensions. How do deal with this?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Not sure where to post this, but i am having trouble using poccil's poke essentials for RMXP. I am used to using advance map for making my mapmaking. I am designing the first floor of the house. The dimensions in advance map for this room are 13x10, but RMXP only allows me to have a minimum of 20x15 map dimensions. How do deal with this?

Fill the space you aren't using with black tiles. This is standard with RPG Maker in itself.

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    How do I add new pokemon to the starter kit?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Hi!
    I'm new in hack pokémon roms, and i really need to know if i can CREATE (not edit) new maps and connect them?
    My idea is create a pokémon hackrom who the player can play on kanto, johto and hoenn... (a lot of maps)

Thanks a lot :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back