• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 6 Rom Hacks

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Has anyone successfully made a Generation 6 hack yet?
    And is anyone currently in the progress of making tools to make them?

I would like to start a Gen 6 Rom Hack in 2018 if possible. ^^"

Also was unsure if this was the best place to ask, so I apologize if it wasn't.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Gen. VI ROM hacking is pretty much unheard of at this point, beyond what a few people have done. And certainly none of them are posting about it on here.

And 2018? Are you sure you're willing to wait that long?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Yeah, I'm sure. I'd like to develop my current hack first. And then my Generation 5 hack before then.
    Of course, I'm doing all this while working and doing school, so I'm sure I can wait.

Years
  • What emulators can run Gen VI games?
    I only use VBA, 'cause I reeeeeeeeeeeally like Fire Red, and because I never found anything good to play Gen IV games with (at the time they were first released).

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    What emulators can run Gen VI games?
    I only use VBA, 'cause I reeeeeeeeeeeally like Fire Red, and because I never found anything good to play Gen IV games with (at the time they were first released).

There aren't any emulators that can run 3DS games. There is one that's in development, called Citra Emulator, but that's it.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Ain't people able to play DP in No$gba?
    'Cause I played it once, if I recall it correctly (my memory is very bad, but when I remember something, I remember something!).

You seem to be confused. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (Gen. IV) and Black/White/Black 2/White 2 (Gen. V) are for the DS and can be played just fine with an emulator like No$ or DeSmuMe. This topic is about Gen. VI games (X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), which are for the 3DS and cannot presently be emulated.

Years
  • You seem to be confused. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (Gen. IV) and Black/White/Black 2/White 2 (Gen. V) are for the DS and can be played just fine with an emulator like No$ or DeSmuMe. This topic is about Gen. VI games (X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), which are for the 3DS and cannot presently be emulated.

Yes, I was indeed confused. Thanks for clearing that up, Lost Heart.=P
    I thought that if one game of DS (Gen IV and V games) was playable in an emulator, the other (Gen VI) would be too.
    But that's nice to know. Good to have another option to be hacked other than Gen III games.
    Shame there's no game in the later Generations with Kanto as the main area.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Yes, I was indeed confused. Thanks for clearing that up, Lost Heart.=P
    I thought that if one game of DS (Gen IV and V games) was playable in an emulator, the other (Gen VI) would be too.
    But that's nice to know. Good to have another option to be hacked other than Gen III games.
    Shame there's no game in the later Generations with Kanto as the main area.

It'd make sense, but the 3DS is a separate console than the DS, not a newer model with 3D. Nintendo just likes to be confusing.

Years
  • It'd make sense, but the 3DS is a separate console than the DS, not a newer model with 3D. Nintendo just likes to be confusing.

Oh yeah! DS/3DS. Forgot there was a new version of the console.
    Well, DS is not receiving games anymore, then?
    That's a shame, I was hoping for a new Kanto game from the newer Generations...

Years
  • Nope, there's probably just the rare shovelware title being released, otherwise the DS is essentially dead at this point.

There's a few hacks, mostly model hacks (Like giving May a bigger bust, I kid you not a hack with that actually exists!) or 72X hacks (I cbf to remember how many there are now) to catch all Pokemon, as well as text hacks. They aren't really that special IMO. You'd be best off sticking to Gen 4/5 at this point, at least they are relatively similar and can be emulated to test them rather than having to put it on a flashcard every time you wanted to test.

Yeah, something to think about indeed.
    I'm just going off-topic, and way out on information about what can be done, but what the hell...
    Ain't it possible to make a ROM became actually a game? No need for VBA or anything, and the possibility to expand it?
    Storing more Pokémon, limited controls, some changes maybe in the battle system would be much easier.
    Is it possible to expand the ROMs, and turn them into executable games?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    I've found some places where you can download Pokemon X and Y and even an emulator. I guess we just have to wait for someone to make an engine or assets for rom hacking and such.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Did you actually tried to download it?
    Do they work ok?

There are a couple out there, even a 3DS emulator, I've seen some people use them on YT and have seen comments and reviews where you get these things.
    I assume they work, I will be downloading them this weekend.
    I'll let you know if they work in my experience. I mean, I have seen TTar's nuzlocke adventures, and that's quite different than the original ORAS as far as graphics go, not to mention the randomizer. I'm sure making a modpack for XY and ORAS isn't too difficult really. But actually making a rom hack is a step beyond.
    If I was a genius with time, I would work on something... But I'm a normal person with too many projects. o.o

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    There are a couple out there, even a 3DS emulator, I've seen some people use them on YT

Hate to break it to you, but those "emulators" are modded 3DS called [3DS Capture Card]. You can look it up on Google.

As far as I know, a completely running 3DS emulator is still in the works. Therefore, no, there is currently no "working" 3ds emulator available. Be careful with downloading those so-called "3DS emulators" in the internet, for they might be viruses or will just lead you to monetized surveys and will let you download crap.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Hate to break it to you, but those "emulators" are modded 3DS called [3DS Capture Card]. You can look it up on Google.

As far as I know, a completely running 3DS emulator is still in the works. Therefore, no, there is currently no "working" 3ds emulator available. Be careful with downloading those so-called "3DS emulators" in the internet, for they might be viruses or will just lead you to monetized surveys and will let you download crap.

Ahh, makes sense. Although, confusing considering that Capture Cards hook up to a 3DS too.
    I'll be careful to download them. Good thing I use computers that reset all data each restart.

What about the XY and ORAS games themselves then? Are they actual files of the games, or what are they?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    My idea of a hack involves an eevee that can mega evolve into every one of its evolutions. I think that could be possible to do with modding gen 6 games

Back