• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1]

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I was curious, if I wanted to add just Sharpness ability into my game without the rest of the pack, how would I go about telling the game what slicing moves are? I have copied the script from the pack into the base Abilities script but how do I define what a slicingMove is?

Battle::AbilityEffects::DamageCalcFromUser.add(:SHARPNESS,
proc { |ability, user, target, move, mults, baseDmg, type|
mults[:power_multiplier] *= 1.5 if move.slicingMove?
}
)

*edit*
Found a solution in case anyone else wants to do the same. I am working on v20 btw

Battle::AbilityEffects::DamageCalcFromUser.add(:SHARPNESS,
proc { |ability, user, target, move, mults, baseDmg, type|
mults[:base_damage_multiplier] *= 1.5 if move.slicingMove?
}
)

v20 uses base_damage_multiplier instead of power_multiplier so I just changed that. Also, in the Battle_Move script, I added the following line from the Battle.rb in the download pack,
def slicingMove?; return @flags.any? { |f| f[/^Slicing$/i] }; end

Then just made sure that all slicing moves have the flag which I added manually.
I am sure that it would have been easier if I have just added the whole pack as instructed but as I am very new to programming language and don't really know what I am doing, I am proud that I figured this out.
I will still be crediting appropriately, thank you Caruban for doing the hard work

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The generation 8 resource used have a Sprite wrapper for animated Sprite sheets.How to have animated Sprites for the gen 9 pack.
It never had that. Youre thinking of the Gen 8 Pack, which is a completely different plugin that was designed specifically for adding sprites.

Days
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
You have to set the form in the trainer PBS file. Idk if its a bug or not, but Essentials doesnt automatically set the appropriate form for trainer's Pokemon that hold items.
I gave npc's Zacian a hold rusted sword and it worked but Ogerpon didn't.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I gave npc's Zacian a hold rusted sword and it worked but Ogerpon didn't.
The mechanics for these forms work completely differently. Zacian's item doesn't change its form, Zacian just naturally always tries to change form when it enters battle, it just fails to do so if the required item isn't held.

Ogerpon changes form outside of battle, upon equipping its held item. There is no "outside of battle" for NPC trainers. Their Pokemon don't exist until battle is initiated. If you give an NPC's Giratina a Griseous Orb, you'll run into the same issue. Only base Giratina will be sent out, despite the fact that it should be in its Origin Forme. Because as far as Essentials is concerned, the form change never happened since that form change is supposed to happen outside of battle. So you also have to set Form = 1 for Giratina if you want an NPC to use its Origin Forme.

Ogerpon has one extra layer of complication however, since Ogerpon has 4 "outside of battle" forms (0-3), and then four "battle-only" forms (4-7), and four "terastal forms" (8-11). So if you want Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon to appear in battle as an NPC's Pokemon, you have to give it the Hearthflame Mask item AND set it to the correct battle form. So even though Hearthflame Mask form is normally form 2, the battle version of this form is actually form 6.

Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I am testing Commander things, I found Dondozo can switch out in a double switch when Dondozo is slow than another mon, that is the case, Dondozo do switch, another mon do switch as well and switch in a Tatsugiri, then Commander triggered, but after that, Dondozo is also switched out.
I think this is a little bit wierd, Dondozo with a Tatsugiri should never be able to switch out. Is it a bug? Or just I wrong thought...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Commander's switch out check is only done when you're choosing a new pokemon to send out.
It seems no mechanic so far can interrupt a switch out unless the battle is finished in the meanwhile, so def pbAttackPhaseSwitch seems like a good place to start here, I added a check there if commander effect was active, added a message and it seems to have done the job.
Small note: As I was testing I noticed you can't run away from wild battle if tatsugiri is in dondozo's mouth, I didn't find info on this particular interaction but it seems very likely that it would work this way, not to mention wild double battles aren't exactly common, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any in G9.

There's something I noticed and I'm unsure if it's intended or not (as in, some pokemon hatch steps get so low that maybe it was kept this way on purpose), it seems at some point they replaced steps by cycles which is basically the same, but for example Bulbasaur needs 20 cycles of 256 steps which adds up to 5120 pre-G8.
It seems these cycles in G8 / G9 were reduced from 256 to 128 and according to Bulbapedia / Serebii, etc this seems to check out, they say now it should be 2560 steps.
If I'm not mistaken it seems all Pokemon until Ogerpon seem to have double the hatch steps. If it's only the DLC that got the right values it should be fairly easy to automatically update them if this is unintended.

Last edited:
Back