• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 12 Event Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Name of Activity: FC&G Fandom Trivia Stumper
Description of Activity: Basically it's a quiz/trivia event that will consist of between 25-50 questions based on the current clubs that are running at FC&G (Doctor Who, MLP, Homestuck, Animal Crossing, etc). Participants can only use one source to go through this quiz, will be mentioned later. Participants will obtain an emblem, as well as a 1st place winner for answering all or most of the questions correctly. The latter is subject to change though.
Other Judges Involved: Sonata will be co-hosting. :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
So everyone knows, we are currently selecting events up to post #42! If your event is selected, you will be given an Event Organizer badge (as I currently wear next to my avatar) and will get access to the Get-Together planning forum. From there, you can begin preparing your events and check out this year's theme!

All events from post #43 (Meganium's post) will be approved later, but be sure you're submitting events soon or else you may not get a chance!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I really shouldn't have procrastinated on this (eheheh), but here goes nothing!

Name of Activity: Big Bang Duelists ~PC's Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament~
Description of Activity: In this tournament, participants can freely challenge each other to a Yu-Gi-Oh match (via YGOPro), and gain points for each time they win a match. There are no restrictions to who you can challenge or when you must duel, but anyone is allowed to decline a challenge if need be. At the end of the tournament, the person with the most points will be crowned the winner, and there are also spots for second and third place as well.
Other Judges Involved: Judging will not be necessary, as all points will be periodically updated on the front post. Participants will need to report the outcome of each match after they're finished.

Years
Meant to post this earlier, but things and stuff happen. Anyways, I'd like to see this event make a return!

Name of Activity: Pokemon Song Parody Competition (final name TBD)

Description: Similar to Get Togethers in the past, this is where members take their favorite songs, and Pokemonify the lyrics (and even sing them if they wish)! Users are judged based on their creativity, and by the resemblance of their parody to the original song. The top 3 will receive emblems for their parodies, with the possibility of emblems being handed out for participation as well.

Other Hosts Involved: Currently none. This may end up being done by popular vote, unless a few people are keen on judging this event as well.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Meant to post this earlier, but things and stuff happen. Anyways, I'd like to see this event make a return!

Name of Activity: Pokemon Song Parody Competition (final name TBD)

Description: Similar to Get Togethers in the past, this is where members take their favorite songs, and Pokemonify the lyrics (and even sing them if they wish)! Users are judged based on their creativity, and by the resemblance of their parody to the original song. The top 3 will receive emblems for their parodies, with the possibility of emblems being handed out for participation as well.

Other Hosts Involved: Currently none. This may end up being done by popular vote, unless a few people are keen on judging this event as well.

I'm down with helping judge the event :3

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Well, why not? I can host, I'm off the whole week, so I can probably manage a good amount of time. My time zone is GMT+2, so that covers West-Europe.

Welcome (officially) on board mate ~!

Just need about 2-3? More, specifically to cover for the middle east /southern east and New Zealand and Australia of course. Maybe even another for us North Americans (USA & Canada)...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
Welcome (officially) on board mate ~!

Just need about 2-3? More, specifically to cover for the middle east /southern east and New Zealand and Australia of course. Maybe even another for us North Americans (USA & Canada)...

I'm in the Midwest U.S. (Eastern Time Zone), and I'd be glad to help if you need me to.

A little late, I know, seeing as the deadline was June 13. But hopefully it's not too late.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
It's not too late. We're taking last-minute submissions while we work on getting people added as Event Organizers.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Name of Activity: Let's Play Doom Shareware Competition

Description: I wasn't going to do a Let's Play event for GT, primarily because coming up with a way to make it fair is pretty hard. But since Doom's first episode is completely free, and the new Doom is going to be shown at E3 soon, Wynaut? Players will compete by Let's Playing all or part of the first episode of Doom, Knee Deep In The Dead. The LPs will be judged based on commentary rather than speed or completion, so a couple extra judges will be necessary. LPs will be played on Chocolate Doom so as to preserve the original gameplay while also allowing just about any Operating System to run it. You don't have to be a comedian to compete, as humor is only one category of what makes a good Let's Play. Videos will be submitted through YouTube and then embedded in the competition thread.

Other Hosts Involved: None yet.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years

I think I can help? I mean, I don't live in Aussie or NZ but I live quite close to their timezones, only a few hours early. Although, I have Summer classes Tuesday morning, Friday morning and 'til Thursday afternoon. Morning is easy to deal with since an American host is mostly likely awake then, so it's not really a problem.

If unavailability on Thursday 'til the afternoon is ok with you, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise, feel free to reject my offer lol.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

Years
I think I can help? I mean, I don't live in Aussie or NZ but I live quite close to their timezones, only a few hours early. Although, I have Summer classes Tuesday morning, Friday morning and 'til Thursday afternoon. Morning is easy to deal with since an American host is mostly likely awake then, so it's not really a problem.

If unavailability on Thursday 'til the afternoon is ok with you, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise, feel free to reject my offer lol.

I'm in the Midwest U.S. (Eastern Time Zone), and I'd be glad to help if you need me to.

A little late, I know, seeing as the deadline was June 13. But hopefully it's not too late.

Welcome aboard! Klippy, when you see this when you are not so busy, add the two, to the team, and thank you for your time and hard work ~ and of course add on Twiggy, as he PMed me asking a few days ago.

Thank you to every staff on the approval commitee and get together commitee for all they have done, we all appreciate everything done thus far. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
I am very sorry to have Yo do this, but I am going to have to withdraw from the Skype event judging. I'd rather keep the reason private, but I'm just not in a place to judge or help out with such an event. I'm sorry for letting you down. :(

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
not quite sure how this'll fly but it never hurt to try i guess.

Name of Activity: Speed Mafia / Mafia Olympics

Description of Activity: It's pretty similar to the mafia games held here on the forums but it's much quicker. Rather than the games stretching over the course of several days the games will last up to 20 minutes varying on the the size of the game and the amount of chatter. There will be several rounds of games with various setups. Also, as a sidenote, this will be held on Epic Mafia and the games will be passworded so only members of PC can play.

Other Judges Involved: This event doesn't really call for judges but extra help would be appreciated.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

Years
It is absolutely no problem at all. The Skype event can be hectic so I can understand. You are not letting anyone down, so don't worry.

I hope to work with you in the future and take care.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If there's something I can help organize, let me know. If it's something I can help with, I'll do it. :)

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I really shouldn't have procrastinated on this (eheheh), but here goes nothing!

Name of Activity: Big Bang Duelists ~PC's Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament~
Description of Activity: In this tournament, participants can freely challenge each other to a Yu-Gi-Oh match (via YGOPro), and gain points for each time they win a match. There are no restrictions to who you can challenge or when you must duel, but anyone is allowed to decline a challenge if need be. At the end of the tournament, the person with the most points will be crowned the winner, and there are also spots for second and third place as well.
Other Judges Involved: Judging will not be necessary, as all points will be periodically updated on the front post. Participants will need to report the outcome of each match after they're finished.

When were you going to have this? I really want to join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back