• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Get Your Reckless Emboar!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The event that started in Japan on January 16 is available elsewhere starting tomorrow right now using "POKEMON500". Will you be getting it? If you have it, are you already breeding perfect 6IV babies with it for trading? Do you plan to put one on your team?

The Shell Armor Samurott, BTW, comes February 5, but again has already been out in Japan.

So nice to finally be getting some decent Events, and hopefully Nintendo will make more of these events available. Better than having to clone trade for them or having to search high and low for a "random ability mythical Event Pokémon you have three others of" to trade for a baby bred from the Event (though some will trade clones anyway).

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    How do you get it? the wiki says "wonder card"... Doesn't say where to get the card, is this going to be another theater distribution?
    Beginning tomorrow, you can redeem a code, and enter "POKEMON5" (it's POKEMON500, but the 0s autopopulate; the full code is POKE-MON5-0000-0000). The code will be recognized and you can download the event. If you try it right now, it will simply say "the event is not there".

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • It's an event, I got Contrary Serperior, why not? Emboar isn't my favorite, but cmon who would pass on one of these events?

Years
  • Why would I get one, I totally hate Emboar

But yes, I am getting it. As long as it's level 50, I'm happy.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Why would I get one, I totally hate Emboar

But yes, I am getting it. As long as it's level 50, I'm happy.
    Even if it's lower, feed it a bunch of Rare Candies. {XD}

But then it's not "untouched". {XD}

accursed

Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • Beginning tomorrow, you can redeem a code, and enter "POKEMON5" (it's POKEMON500, but the 0s autopopulate; the full code is POKE-MON5-0000-0000). The code will be recognized and you can download the event. If you try it right now, it will simply say "the event is not there".

Thanks! The last one was a code too... After browsing the forums I saw people say they reset the pokemon if it wasn't what they wanted, I had no idea you could do that I figured that if you could only enter the code once per system and if you didnt save after taking it you lost it for good. This is nice to know. Normally these event pokes just get stuck in a box labeled "collection" and forgotten about.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks! The last one was a code too... After browsing the forums I saw people say they reset the pokemon if it wasn't what they wanted, I had no idea you could do that I figured that if you could only enter the code once per system and if you didnt save after taking it you lost it for good. This is nice to know. Normally these event pokes just get stuck in a box labeled "collection" and forgotten about.

yep, just enter the code, get your gift, load the game, save directly in front of the woman who appears in the Pokemon Centre BEFORE you speak to her and then just keep resetting for the nature/gender you want. Some people reset for IVs but psh, I'm going to be breeding anyway so why bother! :D

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • The event that started in Japan on January 16 is available elsewhere starting tomorrow. Will you be getting it? If you have it, are you already breeding perfect 6IV babies with it for trading? Do you plan to put one on your team?

The Shell Armor Samurott, BTW, comes February 5, but again has already been out in Japan.

So nice to finally be getting some decent Events, and hopefully Nintendo will make more of these events available. Better than having to clone trade for them or having to search high and low for a "random ability mythical Event Pokémon you have three others of" to trade for a baby bred from the Event (though some will trade clones anyway).

I just got my serperior, nearly missed out. so do oyu know if this goes off the clock, when it hits 12:00pm can I claim an emboar do you know?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I have already claimed my Emboar :p

So it seems it depends on where you are ATM. It's up in the UK.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Awaiting Emboar despite it not being my favourite starter, ever.
    Can't miss out events. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Only getting this event for the HA. GTS breeded starter trading is the best way to get starter pokemon of different regions.So if that's what you mean by "clone trading" then thats me :3

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I was wondering when this would be comming, but i was not expecting it to be so soon :) I'll be getting it the first chance i get tomorrow, or maybe tonight if i end up being awake late enough :P

I don't plan on breeding it though, it will most likely sit in my box as if on display for the rest of eternity.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I just got my serperior, nearly missed out. so do oyu know if this goes off the clock, when it hits 12:00pm can I claim an emboar do you know?
    Nearly missed out? It's on until November 30. They all are. :)

I presume it's at 12 midnight EDT, which is 9 PM PDT. I have to make sure there's already an AR entry before I go and download it so it doesn't lose trade value if I clone it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Nearly missed out? It's on until November 30. They all are. :)

I presume it's at 12 midnight EDT, which is 9 PM PDT. I have to make sure there's already an AR entry before I go and download it so it doesn't lose trade value if I clone it.

What do you mean by "AR entry"?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    What do you mean by "AR entry"?
    You can find pretty much any event, whether from your region or not, on Power Saves hardware through use of associated software. They are very popular particularly with Pokémon games (moreso than others) because you can get all of the Japanese events through them.

Events, however, have static dates on those memory cards (usually the first day of the event). Therefore, there is a list of them here so traders can make sure, in most cases, that their events are legit. What I want to do is make sure my Emboar doesn't match the date of the Wonder Card in Power Saves; otherwise, it could be seen as a hacked one even if it's legit. I have that issue with my Torchic from X/Y even though it's legit.; because I downloaded it right away, and it was put on the software the same day, mine is now considered by some as potentially hacked even though it's legit.

I've seen several of the Surfing Pikachu on there, too; they seem to have varying dates for that one. It makes it harder to ensure you're getting valid events because someone with a legit. one can be denied because of the acquisition date. That said, some do hack and trade events, and get away with it. It's unfortunate, really.

Back