• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Getting the gold shield in Emerald is waaay harder than i imagined

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    The builds, the hax, the strategies get crazy after the 70 win streak. Furthest i got was at round 75 before losing to a Dragon Dance Latios which there was nothing i could have done against at the time it appeared.

From what i have seen the teams people use are very specific. Unlike mine, they are not simple OU builds with good synergy but instead, they are teams made to exploit the AI's incapacities like switching. They also incoorate more indirect methods of fainting the AI's pokemon like toxic or pp stalling.

The pokes i have built rn, they did get me 6 Golds and do great on Colloseum but they cant get to 100 wins in BT.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah the battle towers can be really hard to do well in, the win streaks they usually ask of you are a little too high. Like getting 49 wins in a row is really good by normal standards, but in the Battle Tower you get nothing just because you lost one fight. There's just too much to cover and always the possibility of getting RNG screwed to really expect consistently huge win streaks a lot of the time.

I think that the only time I ever got past 50 wins was in XY, and that was mostly because Mega Kangaskhan was kinda broken lol

100 wins in Emerald sounds crazy

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    Yeah the battle towers can be really hard to do well in, the win streaks they usually ask of you are a little too high. Like getting 49 wins in a row is really good by normal standards, but in the Battle Tower you get nothing just because you lost one fight. There's just too much to cover and always the possibility of getting RNG screwed to really expect consistently huge win streaks a lot of the time.

I think that the only time I ever got past 50 wins was in XY, and that was mostly because Mega Kangaskhan was kinda broken lol

100 wins in Emerald sounds crazy

i got around 150 wins in ruby's batle tower which is easier due to having less pokemon for the AI to choose from. In emerald, i peaked at 75 still trying though haha.

Back