• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Good place to grind in Hoenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    Hi, I'm stuck on the 7th Gym Leader ( Tate & Liza) in Pokemon Ruby, and I was just wondering what would be a good place to grind my Pokemon, as they are quite under leveled.

Team:
    Kecleon Level 40
    Pelipper Level 37
    Breloom Level 33
    Combusken Level 33
    Weezing Level 36
    Slakoth Level 5 (HM Slave)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Let me think. I haven't played Ruby for awhile and trying to remember where all you can go at this time. IMO the best spot to train would be in that tall grass where you come across Tropius, Absol, etc. For they give a good chunk of EXP. Good luck on beating the 7th gym. I always had a problem with them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ah I'd say go back around Mt. Pyre- above, in, below- and do wild Pokémon for a while; also check your Trainer's Eyes thing because they are great sources of experience. Make sure you haven't missed any trainers along the way too!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Kecleon Level 40
    Pelipper Level 37
    Breloom Level 33
    Combusken Level 33
    Weezing Level 36
    Slakoth Level 5 (HM Slave)

Let me give you a good tip, it's gonna take a while but totally worth it. Catch an Absol and get it to about level 45 because Psychic attacks will not effect it and it's also super fast. Also try to get a water Pokemon for their Lunatone and Solrock. I hope I helped

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    Thanks guys, I'm going to catch an Absol, and i'll be grinding it for like an hour or so. Again, thanks for the advice!

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
    Heres the best way to train pokemon i found at least take turns putting pokemon in the day care then use a mach bike then just go left to right on the straight path that's in front of the day care door (left to right) just do that for a while and your pokemon will be fighting fit in no time i suggest getting a ghost type from mount pyre and using that also.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Chase around Gabby and Ty. Grind levels, and get money. You've gotten plenty of answers now though, so no point in merging this to the Q&A thread. In the future, please use it for your questions. Thanks!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back