• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got any advice for starting competitive?

Sirfetch’d

Which format are you looking to try? I'd recommend checking out somewhere like Smogon for some guides to basic competitive battling but VGC is completely different than something like Smogon Overused so you'd have to make sure you are reading up on the specific format you want to get into.

Years
    Read my Competitive Concepts guides on PC Daily xD

Also Smogon articles and viability ratings. It would definitely be helpful to know what format you're intending to play though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It's all about knowledge and making middle-ground plays, so I suggest just playing a lot, and reading up on what the user above me has noted. I'd add to that by telling you to focus on a specific tier you want to play at first. You can always branch out at a later time, but it's good to have a "main" tier.

Back