• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Graphics Event

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    This is the planning thread for the graphics event. Basically what I would like is for just any suggestions for the eevent in general, as well as emblems. I don't know really any of the details, so I would like to get help with this if possible.
    - Theme
    - Events
    - Emblems
    - Duration
    - Anything else

I know from last time this was run we had the three events (icon, sig, LP) so I would maybe want to keep that. It's actually more the theme I would like to really think about, as it would need to be broad, as well as suit everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    It's a bit annoying that the 10-Year Banner Collab is a seperate event, we could've have totally done that. xD

The theme I think should be something as simple as "commemorating 10 years of the community/Pokemon."

You can draw a lot of different ideas from just the surface of that sentence already, but the fact that we have a huge number of members who have all come here for, and experienced different things while being here should make for a wealth of different takes on what these 10 years have been like and have meant to them.

I know it's a very broad theme, but I think you could go with something simpler and end up with some much less meaningful pieces. This is 10 YEARS baby!

As for piece sizes, personally I'd pit them all against each other in one competition. (icon, sig, lp); I don't think we'd have enough entries for each competition otherwise.

What we could do is have a best icon/best sig/best LP winners, along with maybe a best overall winner, all from that one event. These could also be emblems maybe?

As for the duration I don't have any idea right now, just woke up. We need to have the entry time as long as possible though, and we can't drag out the voting too long.

i'll bbl with more xoxox

p.s. I'd love to do the thread design.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It's a bit annoying that the 10-Year Banner Collab is a seperate event, we could've have totally done that. xD

The theme I think should be something as simple as "commemorating 10 years of the community/Pokemon."

You can draw a lot of different ideas from just the surface of that sentence already, but the fact that we have a huge number of members who have all come here for, and experienced different things while being here should make for a wealth of different takes on what these 10 years have been like and have meant to them.

I know it's a very broad theme, but I think you could go with something simpler and end up with some much less meaningful pieces. This is 10 YEARS baby!

As for piece sizes, personally I'd pit them all against each other in one competition. (icon, sig, lp); I don't think we'd have enough entries for each competition otherwise.

What we could do is have a best icon/best sig/best LP winners, along with maybe a best overall winner, all from that one event. These could also be emblems maybe?

As for the duration I don't have any idea right now, just woke up. We need to have the entry time as long as possible though, and we can't drag out the voting too long.

i'll bbl with more xoxox

p.s. I'd love to do the thread design.
    I honestly do think that something along the lines of the whole thing with commemorating 10 years would be good. I was more thinking maybe something special which has happened to you on PC could work, since it's still a broad theme and it can be made much more personal. So for example if one of the things you like about the place were the friends you made, you can make something suited to that theme. It would be different to everyone, and make it much more meaningful. We could also try to make people just write a small summary on the theme they chose and why they chose it.

Which brings me to my second point, the emblems. Having one for all three categories is good, but I feel that should we agree to go wth the more heartfelt point of the why you chose the theme and so on, we could have a judges' choice emblem, for the graphic that mostly resembles the theme and how connected they are to it, instead of something they worked on for 30 mins. That could well be a hidden emblem as well if you wanted it to be.

I take back what I said about the large piece. Considering last year when we tried it, we only had two people enter that portion of the contest, so it's not really as popular. Perhaps we could make it a theme instead? The icon/avatar/whatever has to match the signature which can be used as a theme, possibly for themselves or someone else.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    This was all written on my phone over the course of a few hours so forgive me if it's a little to at all disjointed. ._.'

Alternative said:
    I honestly do think that something along the lines of the whole thing with commemorating 10 years would be good. I was more thinking maybe something special which has happened to you on PC could work, since it's still a broad theme and it can be made much more personal. So for example if one of the things you like about the place were the friends you made, you can make something suited to that theme. It would be different to everyone, and make it much more meaningful. We could also try to make people just write a small summary on the theme they chose and why they chose it.

Which brings me to my second point, the emblems. Having one for all three categories is good, but I feel that should we agree to go wth the more heartfelt point of the why you chose the theme and so on, we could have a judges' choice emblem, for the graphic that mostly resembles the theme and how connected they are to it, instead of something they worked on for 30 mins. That could well be a hidden emblem as well if you wanted it to be.

I take back what I said about the large piece. Considering last year when we tried it, we only had two people enter that portion of the contest, so it's not really as popular. Perhaps we could make it a theme instead? The icon/avatar/whatever has to match the signature which can be used as a theme, possibly for themselves or someone else.

In regards to the theme that's actually exactly where I was hoping people would go with it, but I just didn't think we needed to spell it out; The theme should be as open to interpretation as possible.

Maybe we could deliver with something like "create a graphic that celebrates what you have loved about the last 10 years of the community", it'd encourage thinking of a more personal, therefore more meaningful subject and at the same time leave it open so that you can express your love for literally any facet of PC.

Getting them to write a little about it too is a fantastic idea though, love that. This is what you want instead of narrowing down the theme; It adds the requirement for a certain more amount of thought again.

Moving on from that, I agree with everything you said about the emblems, as well as the idea of them being secret!

Really nice, I honestly have nothing to add. :]

The only other thing you mentioned in your last post that I'm not entirely on board with is that you want to give LP's the axe! :o

If we use something along the lines of what I said earlier and simply ask them to produce 'a graphic' then they can make whatever they want, be it an icon, sig or LP. :D

Certain emblems can then be on display (e.g. best small/medium/large piece) which they can aim to win, along with other more unique ones (maybe only have like 3 secret ones) instead of presenting them as fixed categories that could end up not getting any entrants.

The reason I think this would work better is because this way it's not a problem if an emblem doesn't get won, and it still counts as a solid win even if your the only candidate.

Again I'm just trying to avoid potentially discouraging anyone. I know I'd be disheartened if LP's weren't allowed.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    The only reason that I would want to take out LPs is just fro previous experience. Maybe changing it slightly to something else would be cool. I'm okay with having them in, but with not really a lot of participants last time, it wouldn't be really worth while to keep it in.

As for the emblems specifically, I think just making the first place for each piece would be enough to make public, as well as a judges choice for the one we feel fits the designeted theme of the event the post. Maybe make that a hidden emblem, and I just had the idea of one which best works well as a them, perhaps?

If we were to go with those emblems, I would say this is a list:
    - Participant emblem
    - Best Icon
    - Best Signature
    - Judges Choice
    - Best theme (hidden)

So that really leaves duration, and theme design which you want to do, and I have no objections to that.

Now that I think about it, maybe we could have the possibility of letting the people vote for the piece they think is the best, but I want some form of opinion on that from you and possibly Abnegation about it first, which would leave judges choice completely to our jurisdiction, as well as the best theme.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Abolish all kinds of "art types". So don't tie in "tags, icons and LP's". Simply just leave it open, as a "Digital Art contest" or "Graphic Art Contest", whichever you prefer. From which you can create emblems which don't relate to the best "type" of graphic, but for things like best use of colour, interesting typography, most crazy concept etc.

Those can be tailored to the entries. You'll have time to do emblems during the competition.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Gonna paste this here so it can count towards our planning:

[14:24] <Josephine> hey man
    [14:24] <Josephine> :]
    [14:27] <Alternative> hey
    [14:28] <Josephine> I wanted to chat to you over here about the LP thing
    [14:28] <Josephine> since I don't seem to have put my point across in the thread very well ^^;
    [14:28] <Alternative> sure
    [14:29] <Josephine> Basically, I think we should still have the option even with the potential of not receiving any
    [14:29] <Josephine> I know this didn't work well before
    [14:30] <Josephine> having LP's
    [14:31] <Josephine> but in this case as [I /think/ we've agreed] we're having all the entries not in their own categories
    [14:31] <Josephine> but together
    [14:31] <Josephine> so if there were no LP's submitted
    [14:31] <Josephine> then all that would happen is that nobody would win the LP emblem
    [14:32] <Alternative> Why wouldn't they be in their own categories
    [14:32] <Alternative> It's hard to judge something like an icon next to a sig
    [14:33] <Alternative> I think it would be easier to have their own categories
    [14:33] <Alternative> You can enter all of them, or just one of them,
    [14:36] <Josephine> I don't think I'd find it harder to judge if they were all pitted against eachother :/
    [14:37] <Josephine> Especially with the theme of the event considered
    [14:38] <Josephine> and assuming they write a bit about their peice
    [14:40] <Josephine> The only thing the different sized peices be competeing against eachother for would be the bets theme and judges choice emblems too
    [14:40] <Alternative> How about this
    [14:41] <Alternative> We forget about the whole sig, lp etc. and make it any size
    [14:41] <Alternative> So people can work with what they feel comfortable with, and have places
    [14:41] <Alternative> as well as competing
    [14:41] <Josephine> Haha, well that's pretty much what I was going for
    [14:41] <Josephine> "If we use something along the lines of what I said earlier① and simply ask them to produce 'a graphic' then they can make whatever they want, be it an icon, sig or LP. :D
    [14:41] <Josephine> Certain emblems can then be on display (e.g. best small/medium/large piece) which they can aim to win, along with other more unique ones (maybe only have like 3 secret ones) instead of presenting them as fixed categories that could end up not getting any entrants."
    [14:42] <Josephine> I may just not have explained myself very well
    [14:42] <Josephine> but yeah, what you just said, that's perfect :]
    [14:43] <Alternative> I honestly like Gavin's idea in the thread
    [14:44] <Alternative> Abolishing the types of pieces, so having sizes, and maybe having emblems for specific categories
    [14:44] <Josephine> haven't read it yet, hold on
    [14:45] <Alternative> We could do things like "the bigger the better"
    [14:45] <Josephine> ah, yeah, again that's basically what we just discussed just now without the "best icon/sig/lp" emblems
    [14:47] <Josephine> I think we're all agreeing on basically the same idea now, but were just tripping up on the emblems
    [14:48] <Alternative> My idea ia basically
    [14:49] <Alternative> Remove the whole "best sig" sort of emblems, and really grow on having more emblems for specific elements
    [14:49] <Alternative> If we think you've done something well, but is really big like a wallpaper, you can get an emblem
    [14:49] <Alternative> If you fit the theme (which we should make public) you get the emblem
    [14:49] <Alternative> things like that
    [14:50] <Josephine> yep, sounds perfect :]
    [14:52] <Alternative> Say, show them the emblem for participating, and the best one that fits the theme
    [14:53] <Alternative> Leave the sizes and everything up to the participant, just have a max of say, 1600x1200
    [14:54] <Josephine> emblems: Yeah I think that's all we'll need now
    [14:54] <Josephine> sizes: Don't you think 1600x1200 is a bit OTT?
    [14:54] <Josephine> I was thinking
    [14:55] <Josephine> 1024x1024~?
    [14:59] <Alternative> LPs are generally more for the size of wallpapers, and things like that
    [14:59] <Alternative> 1024x1-24 is pretty small when you think about it
    [14:59] <Alternative> Like the size of the computer you had in 2003
    [14:59] <Josephine> hahahaha
    [14:59] <Josephine> I still use two monitors with a res of 1024x768
    [15:01] <Josephine> well I guess it dosen't really matter anyway

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I just want to summarise everything we've thought of:
    - theme of the event
    - basic emblems

As for everything else, I can try to make the emblems, but I don't have Photoshop, so you might have to at least make the images, and the layout of the thread which you've kinda called dibs on it anyway. :P

But as for the emblems in a more refined sense (most of them we can put off until the end) I think we should have at least a few on display, all made before the event.
    - Participation, for being a part of the event
    - Most appealing piece, for what we would think is the best looking piece
    - Judges Choice, as in the one we feel fits the theme of 10 years the best.

We can always create others at a later date, but I feel these, at least the participation and the one most befitting of the theme should be included with the first post, and just mentioning that there will be hidden emblems, without mentioning the pre-requisites.

Also we would need a duration. I'm happy to let it run the whole week, and we can get together on irc or msn to discuss voting and so on, but if you want to make it shorter, I'm okay with that as well.

One more thing I want to point out, that we should somehow try to create the feel of the event is that it is an event, not a competition or anything like that. I want to try and recreate the feeling that you're going to go in, and try to have fun doing it. Not as if you're going in to win, hence me just maybe leaving out an emblem for the best graphic.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    As for everything else, I can try to make the emblems, but I don't have Photoshop, so you might have to at least make the images, and the layout of the thread which you've kinda called dibs on it anyway. :P

But as for the emblems in a more refined sense (most of them we can put off until the end) I think we should have at least a few on display, all made before the event.
    - Participation, for being a part of the event
    - Most appealing piece, for what we would think is the best looking piece
    - Judges Choice, as in the one we feel fits the theme of 10 years the best.

We can always create others at a later date, but I feel these, at least the participation and the one most befitting of the theme should be included with the first post, and just mentioning that there will be hidden emblems, without mentioning the pre-requisites.

Sounds great, I'll have those emblems and thread design posted here by the 23rd at the latest. :]

And yeah, we'll continue to discuss and create emblems throughout the week as entries come in.

Also we would need a duration. I'm happy to let it run the whole week, and we can get together on irc or msn to discuss voting and so on, but if you want to make it shorter, I'm okay with that as well.

The whole week sounds good for the entry period, judging can take place after the get together entirely giving us however much time we need.

One more thing I want to point out, that we should somehow try to create the feel of the event is that it is an event, not a competition or anything like that. I want to try and recreate the feeling that you're going to go in, and try to have fun doing it. Not as if you're going in to win, hence me just maybe leaving out an emblem for the best graphic.

I'm right there with you on this, however I think leaving out the best graphic emblem would be the wrong way to go about it.

The fact "best graphic" is just one of the emblems to be won already makes the point that you don't need to make the best graphic to 'win'.

To stress it any further I think it should just be very clearly stated in the opening thread that ALL entries are viable to win something, along with more encouraging words on how we're not necessarily looking for the prettiest peice.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Okay, so here's the thread design. We need to come up with the text to put in here fast.

I'll try and jot some stuff down but I'm rushed to hell rn.

Graphics Event
    Header 1

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.​
    Graphics Event
    Header 2

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.​
    Header 3

Graphics Event
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Graphics Event
    Aliquam sit amet metus sed orci fringilla fringilla in egestas diam.

Graphics Event
    Morbi placerat facilisis nibh, quis varius mi interdum vel.

Graphics Event
    Donec malesuada nisl in augue rhoncus ultricies.
    Header 4

Header 5

Header 6

Code:
    [PLAIN][div="background-color: #e8e8e8; background-repeat: repeat-y; background-image: url('https://i47.tinypic.com/257kiyr.jpg'); font-size: 1.1em; color: lightslategrey; width: 100%; height: inherit;"][div="display: inline-block; width: 100%; height: inherit; background-image: url('https://i46.tinypic.com/xe0e3c.jpg'); background-repeat: repeat-x;"][div="padding-top: 10px;"][CENTER][IMG]https://i47.tinypic.com/1zdsow3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [/div][div="-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1);margin-left: 7%; margin-right: 5%;margin-bottom: 30px; margin-top: 20px; background-image: url('https://i46.tinypic.com/xe0e3c.jpg'); background-color: #FFFFF2; width: 90%; background-repeat: repeat-x;"][div="padding: 5px 40px 15px;"][div="margin-top: 20px; width: 80%; background-color: lightseagreen; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 1[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [B]Lorem [/B]ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.[/INDENT][/div][/div][div="-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1);margin-left: 7%; margin-right: 5%; margin-bottom: 30px; margin-top: 20px; background-color: #FFFFF2; width: 90%; background-image: url('https://i46.tinypic.com/21bvknn.jpg'); background-repeat: repeat-x;"][div="padding: 5px 40px 15px;"][div="padding-top: 85px; float: right; padding-right: 28px;"][img]https://www.jetrix.co.uk/pokecommunity/PCX/trivia/qm2.gif[/img][/div][div="margin-top: 20px; width: 80%; background-color: #FAE7EA; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: lightseagreen; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 2[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [B]Lorem [/B]ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.[/INDENT][div="margin-top: 40px; width: 80%; background-color: darkmagenta; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 3[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Aliquam sit amet metus sed orci fringilla fringilla in egestas diam.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Morbi placerat facilisis nibh, quis varius mi interdum vel.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Donec malesuada nisl in augue rhoncus ultricies.
    [/INDENT][div="margin-top: 40px; width: 80%; background-color: lightseagreen; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 4[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [B]Lorem [/B]ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.[/INDENT]
    [div="margin-top: 40px; width: 80%; background-color: darkmagenta; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 5[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [B]Lorem [/B]ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.[/INDENT][div="margin-top: 20px; width: 80%; background-color: #FAE7EA; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image: url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: lightseagreen; font-style: italic;"][b]Header 6[/b][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [B]Lorem [/B]ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi sollicitudin sapien non ante euismod auctor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Aenean elit augue, tempor sed placerat vel, feugiat volutpat quam. Sed aliquam sem erat, in dignissim ligula. Pellentesque eget malesuada diam. Nulla facilisi. Donec pretium neque ac ipsum auctor placerat.[/INDENT][/div]

[/div][/div][/div][/PLAIN]

Last edited:

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Emblems:

PCX GTGG Participant!
    Graphics Event

You came along and participated in the PCX Get Together Graphic Gauntlet!

PCX GTGG Best Piece Winner!
    Graphics Event

Yours was chosen as the best looking piece in the PCX Get Together Graphic Gauntlet! Huzzah!

PCX GTGG Judges Choice!
    Graphics Event

Your piece in the PCX Get Together Graphic Gauntlet was chosen by the judges as the piece that fit the theme best!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Graphics Event
    Hosted by Alternative and Counterfeit.

To the PCX Graphics Event! Have you ever had the inspiration to showcase your graphics skills, or just to get what you see onto a page? Come here and show your talents in this event!
    Graphics Event
    Theme

Like all graphics events we need to have a theme for you to create your masterpieces to. For this event, the theme is:
    10 Years of PokéCommunity
    What we want is for you to create something which you feel represents your time here on the PokéCommunity. We've all had those moments on here which we would love to cherish, and we want you to put that into a graphic. The graphic can be any size or format you want, we just want to see that special something from you in there.​
    Rules

Graphics Event
    All of the PokéCommunity Rules apply

Graphics Event
    Each person may only submit one piece for the event.

Graphics Event
    If size is an issue, place your entry into a spoiler.

Graphics Event
    Have fun with this! That's the point of the Get-Together in the first place.
    Emblems
    All participants will be awarded an emblem simply for putting the effort to join in with us.

PCX GTGG Participant!
    Graphics Event

You came along and participated in the PCX Get Together Graphic Gauntlet!​

Now instead of having placement emblems, we will be having emblems for specific categories such as the best visual piece, and the piece which best reflects the theme. These will be hidden for now, but just keep in mind that you don't need the best looking piece to win an emblem.

How to Enter

Graphics Event
    This event will run between the 24th - 30th September. Make sure to get your submissions in by this time.

Graphics Event
    What we would like for you to do although it's not required, is to write a small piece about your graphic included with the submission, stating what it means to you. We want to make this a memorable event, and personalizing your submission will make it stand out to us, rather than just something you made in 10 minutes.​
    Final Thoughts

Emblems will be distributed at the latest, 7th October, after we have decided on the winners and such. If you haven't received your emblem(s) by that time, make sure you contact Forever with your concerns.

Apart from that, good luck and have fun!

This is what I have in mind for the opening post. Just putting it here for your approval and such, to make sure everything looks good, and we should be good to go!

Code:
    [PLAIN][div="background-color: #e8e8e8; background-repeat: repeat-y;   background-image: url('https://i47.tinypic.com/257kiyr.jpg'); font-size:   1.1em; color: lightslategrey; width: 100%; height:   inherit;"][div="display: inline-block; width: 100%; height: inherit;   background-image: url('https://i46.tinypic.com/xe0e3c.jpg');   background-repeat: repeat-x;"][div="padding-top:  10px;"][CENTER][IMG]https://i47.tinypic.com/1zdsow3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [/div][div="-webkit-box-shadow:  0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50,  1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px  rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); box-shadow: 0px  1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50,  1);margin-left: 7%; margin-right:  5%;margin-bottom: 30px; margin-top:  20px; background-image:  url('https://i46.tinypic.com/xe0e3c.jpg');  background-color: #FFFFF2;  width: 90%; background-repeat:  repeat-x;"][div="padding: 5px 40px  15px;"][div="margin-top:  20px; width: 80%; background-color:  lightseagreen; opacity: 0.7;  border: solid 1px  #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;  padding-right:  10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white;   font-style: italic;"]Hosted by [B]Alternative[/B] and [B]Counterfeit[/B].[/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    To the PCX Graphics Event! Have you ever had the inspiration to showcase  your graphics skills, or just to get what you see onto a page? Come  here and[/INDENT][/div][/div][div="-webkit-box-shadow:  0px  1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px  rgba(50, 50,  50, 1); box-shadow: 0px 1px 15px rgba(50, 50, 50,  1);margin-left: 7%;  margin-right: 5%; margin-bottom: 30px; margin-top:  20px;  background-color: #FFFFF2; width: 90%; background-image:   url('https://i46.tinypic.com/21bvknn.jpg'); background-repeat:   repeat-x;"][div="padding: 5px 40px 15px;"][div="padding-top:   85px; float: right; padding-right:  28px;"][IMG]https://www.jetrix.co.uk/pokecommunity/PCX/trivia/qm2.gif[/IMG][/div][div="margin-top:   20px; width: 80%; background-color: #FAE7EA; opacity: 0.7; border:   solid 1px #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;   padding-right: 10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color:   lightseagreen; font-style: italic;"][B]Theme[/B][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    Like all graphics events we need to have a theme for you to create your masterpieces to. For this event, the theme is:[INDENT][B]10 Years of Pok[/B][B]éCommunity[/B]
    [/INDENT]What we want is for you to create something which you feel  represents your time here on the PokéCommunity. We've all had those  moments on here which we would love to cherish, and we want you to put  that into a graphic. The graphic can be any size or format you want, we  just want to see that special something from you in there. [/INDENT][div="margin-top:  40px; width: 80%;  background-color: darkmagenta; opacity: 0.7; border:  solid 1px  #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;  padding-right:  10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white;   font-style: italic;"][B]Rules[/B][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] All of the [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6446812"]PokéCommunity Rules[/URL] apply

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Each person may only submit one piece for the event.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] If size is an issue, place your entry into a spoiler.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] Have fun with this! That's the point of the Get-Together in the first place.
    [/INDENT][div="margin-top: 40px; width: 80%; background-color:   lightseagreen; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px   #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right:   10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white;   font-style: italic;"][B]Emblems[/B][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]All participants will be awarded an emblem simply for putting the effort to join in with us.
    [indent][B]PCX GTGG Participant!
    [/B][IMG]https://i50.tinypic.com/eitkbs.jpg[/IMG]
    You came along and participated in the PCX Get Together Graphic Gauntlet![/indent]

Now instead of having placement emblems, we will be having emblems for  specific categories such as the best visual piece, and the piece which  best reflects the theme. These will be hidden for now, but just keep in  mind that you don't need the best looking piece to win an emblem.

[/INDENT][div="margin-top: 40px; width: 80%;  background-color:  darkmagenta; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px   #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right:   10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color: white;   font-style: italic;"][B]How to Enter[/B][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    [IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] This event will run between the [B]24th - 30th September[/B]. Make sure to get your submissions in by this time.

[IMG]https://i48.tinypic.com/jagigp.jpg[/IMG] What we  would like for you to do although it's not required, is to write a small  piece about your graphic included with the submission, stating what it  means to you. We want to make this a memorable event, and personalizing  your submission will make it stand out to us, rather than just something  you made in 10 minutes.[/INDENT][div="margin-top: 20px; width:  80%;  background-color: #FAE7EA; opacity: 0.7; border: solid 1px   #1e5600;"][div="padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; padding-right:   10px;"][div="background-image:   url('https://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/quotebar.png'); background-repeat:   repeat-y; padding-left: 36px; display: inline-table; color:   lightseagreen; font-style: italic;"][B]Final Thoughts[/B][/div][/div][/div][INDENT]
    Emblems will be distributed at the latest, [B]7th October[/B], after we have decided on the winners and such. If you haven't received your emblem(s) by that time, make sure you contact [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=37888"][B]Forever[/B][/URL] with your concerns.

Apart from that, good luck and have fun!
    [/INDENT][/div]

[/div][/div][/div][/PLAIN]

Back