• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass/Bug Deck. Don't really know what to name it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2011
    Energy:

Fire Energy x3
    Electric Energy x3
    Double Colorless x1
    Rainbow Energy x1
    Leaf Energy x12

Trainers:

Bill x2
    Energy Removal x2
    Super Energy Removal x1
    Pokedex x2
    Computer Search x1
    Plus Power x1
    Misty's Wrath x1
    Revive x1
    Pokeball x1
    Lucky Egg x1
    Energy Search x1
    Potion x1
    Switch x1

Pokemon:

Zekrom x1
    Reshiram x1
    Arceus x1
    Caterpie x2
    Weedle x2
    Metapod x2
    Snivey x3
    Kakuna x2
    Deerling x1
    Sawsbuck x1
    Chingling x1
    Servine x1
    Maractus x1
    Beedrill x1
    Audino x1
    Burmy x1
    Wormadam x1

Years
  • Is this a just for fun deck? Or do you plan on taking this to official tournaments? If you want to take this to official tournaments, you have many cards that are not official tournament legal, including Arceus, Computer Search, and Misty's Wrath, among others.

Also, Bill is technically a "Supporter" card now, since that's what its reprint happens to be.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2011
    Yeah I just got into playing and it was a deck i put together. So far its been pretty good against people that ive played. Yeah i figured that bill was a supporter card. Where do I find a list of cards that are not tourny legal?

Years
  • There's not an official place yet on the official Pokemon site as far as I can tell, but PokeGym's Researching Tower (www.pokegym.net/tower) is set by default to the current Modified format, which is the format used in official tournaments to determine which sets are legal and which are not, so you can search all cards there. This post (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6700718&postcount=26) of mine in one of the stickies in the main part of the TCG forum here names most of the sets.

aka825

Online Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    In my opinion, you could change your deck a bit. If you want to use the pokemon you have, by all means, go on ahead. You should probably put in one more fire/lightning pokemon, so you could have a better chance of using the fire/lightning energies.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2011
    So far I have made some changes in the pokemon used. It does pretty good against other people. One problem that I have ran into is trying to counter reshriam and zekrom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2011
    Torterra 2-2-1
    Leafeon 2-1
    Sawsbuck 1-1
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Audino
    Shuckle
    Maractus
    Pineco
    Carnivine
    Zangoose

Pokedex x2
    Professor Juniper
    Interviewers Questions
    Potion
    Energy Removal x2
    Super Energy Removal
    Energy Search x2
    Bill x2
    Pokeball
    Misty's Wrath
    Sage's Training
    Gust of Wind
    Energy Retrieval
    Switch
    Revive
    Lucky Egg

Double Colorless
    Rainbow Energy
    Fire Energy x3
    Lightning Energy x3
    Leaf Energy x12

I havent had too much trouble playing against anything but reshriam and zekrom. I am still trying to build cards which is why i dont have too many stage 1's or 2's. I took snivy and servine out of there, because i thought it was kind of a waste since servines move was kinda junk. Also im not sure if its worth having the electric and fire energy in my deck on the offchance that i draw either zekrom or reshriam and get the energy, but it doesnt hurt i guess.

Years
  • Leave Zekrom and Reshiram in, but ditch their energy. Outrage is a very useful attack of theirs that can be powered by any energy type, probably far more useful than their other attacks in decks where they're not the focus. Plus, they make good stalling walls to build behind.

Also, incorporate a 2-2 Zoroark line in so you have another means to get revenge kills through its Foul Play attack if you're knocked out by a Zekrom or a Reshiram. More Double Colorless Energy benefit Zoroark, Reshiram, and Zekrom, since that's all they need to attack.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2011
    I like it. Thanks for the input. First i have to acquire some zoroarks first.

Back