• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2011
And another anyone know how to get the other forms of Eevee? Like Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon?
i spammed one of my Eevee's with proteins, calciums ect. and lvled i uponce and a turned into a espeon at lvl 6. Thought that would be pretty helpful for you i dont know how to get the other 3 though :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
You would need to do one or two things to get it working on GAMEBOID...

1) download GBAheader (google for it)
2) download Ruby 1.0 rom.
3) open GBAheader & select "Copy header"
4) First source: light platinum
5) Second source: Ruby 1.0 original
6) Click copy. That's all...

If that still doesn't work,
with that modified Light Platinum, open it with VBA and change save type to 128k and save game. Voila.

Fixed XD didn't read last part

I understand the header thinger and I finally figured out how to create save files on VBA for mac (thank god), but my problem is the fact that I can't modify the LP rom because the software to copy the header is made ONLY for PC's and I have a mac. Would you be able to send me a modified version of LP with the correct header? You'd be helping me out so much.

Icemasters

The Lurker Here
Years
Hey Wes nice hack but i have some problems i want to know if i can catch uxie. everytime i try it tells me player found a pp up and a few of the pokemon have exp problems in that the exp is too low for metagross gardevoir and salamence oh and can azelf be captured cant seem to find it

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I'm having a few problems... First of all: After talking to Rocavely Leader Roarka twice, answering "no" the second, the Gym door is unguarded. But the tile where the door should be is blocked, meaning I can't go through the door. Is there something else I should do?

Also my Pokémon seem to have stopped evolving? I don't know, but I have a Kibago level 48 (checked serebii, and it says it should evolve the first time in level 38) and a Snivy level 28 (should evolve in level 17). Anyone else having the same problem, or did I mess up some options?

Great hack by the way! Best since Shiny Gold.

EDIT: I just evolved my dragon into a Sazandora. I've had that one since I got it in [insert correct name]. Those who refuse to evolve I got just before and after the first Elite Four.

Last edited:

RyokoUeda

The Master of Pachi~
Years
I downloaded the GBA version from the site, but when I try to open it, the screen of my emulator just goes blank white. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to go download Ruby version and the IPS tool?

Years
I downloaded the GBA version from the site, but when I try to open it, the screen of my emulator just goes blank white. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to go download Ruby version and the IPS tool?
change flash type to 128k

btw how's the translation going?

Last edited:
Years
i have 1 problem? i defeat the LEAGUE ZEHRY and the game move me in YELLOW TOWN and i don't know how to go in lauren league and the city of them. i whait a Pm or and answer. Thank you

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash493 : Thanks! I've kicked Byake's ass and I'm the new Lauren champ :) I'mma start hunting legends now.
Good luck then ;)

hey,ive got this problem,or,is it really a problem? When i defeated Khaori,and we're in hall of fame,after i put the pokeballs on that registration machine,i warped into my house,there are no credits happened and no 'THE END',PLEASE HELP!
There's no "THE END" ;)
You just beat the league, activate flag and that's all =)

Ash493 i dont undertsand your answer . one big con of pokemon series except the fact that you cant catch them all is that you have only to chose from 3 pokemon.i would realy want to have an alternative start with another pokemon
Don't mind it, just take it as complete version. =)

what are the starting pokemon
Kanto starters

This is only on an Emulator, right? Or can I play it on my R4DS?
It's hack so it should be played on emulator =)

have you added pokemon from the newest generetion?
Some 5 generation pokemon can be found.

1. Ruby 1.0 doesn't seem to work anymore.
2. Is there like an english patch?
3. Anyone know how to get it to work on GPSP Kai?
Where do I download this? And is it playable solely on an emulator like vba?
Download it directly from Wes's webpage =)

I play this Hack since some days and i've finished the two ligues and i start to search the legendary pokémon but i can't find Groudon
Groudon is in Cave of Origin... I think east of Imatari Isle.

I was wondering if you could get the Grass and ice eevee's? i got all accept those two and umbreon. Anybody find a way to get those 3 eevee's?
Glaceon and Leafeon are not in game.

And Heatran?
Heatran is in Mt. Vulcan which is in Flamenry City.

when i came back after changing my team i couldn't find him
There's some bug that if you don't obtain Zorua immediately after you "click" on Zorua, then it will disappear.

i saw somewhere that the pokemon limit is 411. what the limit refers to .in pokedex entries or in pokemon that can be found in the rom
It's limit of pokemon in III gen game. 386 + 25 free spaces.

also have you thought adding walking pokemon like soulsilver
It is NOT possible.

how to get rid of the bagon blocking my way in the forest?

Hey Wes nice hack but i have some problems i want to know if i can catch uxie. everytime i try it tells me player found a pp up and a few of the pokemon have exp problems in that the exp is too low for metagross gardevoir and salamence oh and can azelf be captured cant seem to find it
Uxie is bugged unfortunately... anyways Azelf can be found and low exp are because Wes did not change it. Those pokemon are instead of ??? so they have low exp giving.

Download emulator from Wes's page.

Chronic*Chrone

Chronicles*Of*Chrone
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
wooo !
i finally finished the game !
with the help of :
KYUREMU Lv. 69
DAiKENKi Lv. 75
LUCARiO Lv. 78
LUXRAY Lv. 81
CHARiZARD Lv. 81

now , the problem , where can i get a gallade ?
is there a gallade in the game , i really want one !

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
8 Gym

I need help I'm in the eighth room but some guy is beat Team Steam at the summit was taking him an object and what's next

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
I need help I'm in the eighth room but some guy is beat Team Steam at the summit was taking him an object and what's next

if by object you mean the Alpha thingy, then fly to yellow town and talk to the professor.

also, i have a question, is there a way to teach pokemon moves that they can learn from the past? like i have a lvl 60 gengar, and i want it to learn hypnosis, but idk if theres a move tutor or something in the game that can teach it...

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
Thanks for the help I have a question, I went elite four I got a ticket but a sailor in the port city of snowce not want to let the mixture

Back